PanMAME Betatesting

I got curious about spn-x's issue.. mine acts the same way.. but perhaps I'm assuming it's acting that way because I have no roms to try..

Last edited by a moderator:
Same error in the out file?

Edit: Is there the AdvanceMAME.xml file in the .advance folder in the appdata directory?

Edit: If you have no roms, it won't load, too.

This is fantastic, many thanks for all the work going into it, it's shaping up to be the best thing yet on the Pandora for me. :)

One question is on the cheat file, anyone got it running?

Thanks, posts llike this really hold up the motivation.

Unfortunately I don't know about the cheatfile. I don't cheat ;) but maybe someone else has an idea.

As a parent now I have limited 'me' time to do anything else but cheat these days.

Also lets me finished all those games I ploughed countless 10p's into in the 80's

Always used mame4all on my Pandora and previously on the GP32 but the GUI and snaps are a winner.

Any plans so we can use emu movies in the GUI opposed to snaps?

You can have movies in mng format, see link in the additional info field on the repo.

Same error in the out file?

Edit: Is there the AdvanceMAME.xml file in the .advance folder in the appdata directory?

Not seeing one on in my appdata/panmame directory nor in any subdirectory.

It is a hidden directory. Press strg and h in thunar to show them.

Sorry, ctrl and h for non germans ;)

Ah I see it now in the .advanced subdirectory.. I opened it, but taking a while to open.. ah 26 meg file..

I will just quickly redownload the pnd myself, in case the repo messed it up somehow.

I put one rom in the ROM folder and it launched fine.. or it could be just the act of taking the SD card out and putting it back in..

I checked and it works for me on hf 6 and 7.

Yes, you will need at least one rom.

Seems like spn-x has a different problem here.

spn-x, are you sure the pnd is not corrupted? Is the size the same as shown on the repo?

Edit: Some browsers like midori are known to corrupt large files while downloading, if you downloaded on pandora, could you try to download on the pc and transfer it to sd from there?

ok, now it works. I just had to put a rom into the appdata folder. I had one in ( the asterix game ) but it didn't start... with another rom file it started up fine... but wich version of asterix do I need ? I have asterixaad.zip .. didn't show up.. renamed it to asterix.zip it showed up, but only gives me a black screen and returns to the menu of panmame.

Well none of my Mame Roms work.. but I take it my mame roms I collected in 1998 are too old.

Nice, the asterix rom seems to be the wrong version or needs a parentrom.

trashy: I think you really need more recent ones.

mcobit said:
trashy: I think you really need more recent ones.

Damn It took me weeks on a 9600 baud modem to download all those..

New version on repo.

0.106.1.5:

- This has a splashscreen again.

- Enter button for menunavigation restored

- some minor tweaks (nothing performancerelevant)

Edit: As this seems to be quite solid now, I'll do some more stuff for the next release.

todo:

- Make screenshots

- Write documentation

- integrate 3:4 aspectoption

- Try to integrate dk2

- What you tell me

An Aspect Ratio Idea

Hi mcobit,

Thanks again for this release. The menu makes MAME a lot better.

I noticed that when scaling it sets everything to 640x480 for the 4:3 (1.33) aspect ratio.

The problem is not all arcade games are 4:3 aspect ratio.

I noticed that the front end (through AdvancedMAME.xml?) knows the correct resolution of each game.

Could your setup be made to use the actual resolution to calculate and choose the closest Pandora resolution?

I think the formulas would be:

Where width/height <= 1.667 use:

(width/height)*480=new_width [convert float to int]

Set Pandora’s resolution SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE = new_with x 480

Launch game

OR

Where width/height > 1.667 use:

800/(with/height)=new_height [convert float to int]

Set Pandora’s resolution SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE = 800 x new_height

Launch game

This should maximize the games size while maintaining a close to correct aspect ratio.

The formulas should work on vertical games as well.

What do you think? How do you set the resolution now? Is something like this possible?

Thanks again!!!

You can have movies in mng format, see link in the additional info field on the repo.

Aha I never knew the .mng format existed, I was trying a .avi set I use with a windows frontend.

Grabbed the first part of the alpahabet so far, awesomw stuff indeed!

Love to hear from anyone who got the cheat.dat working though?

Is there any way to disable sounds in the menu?

If I turn the sound down in the menu I then have to turn the sound back up again when I launch a game.

Is it possible to change the highlight strip colour when using the in-game menu? The blue is a bit hard to see.

Is there any way to disable sounds in the menu?

If I turn the sound down in the menu I then have to turn the sound back up again when I launch a game.

Those options are in /appdata/panmame/.advance/advmenu.rc

Change lines that start with "sound_" and end with "default" to end with "none"

for example 'sound_foreground_start none' disables the sound that plays when a game is started.

See: http://advancemame.s...menu.html#5.3.5

EDIT: The menu colors can also be changed in this file.

http://advancemame.s...enu.html#5.5.11

Back