PanMAME Betatesting

I don't see any problem with panmame (apart the fact it doesn't run under Slackware hehehe).

It works pretty well, and supports TV-out.

I finally decided not to use this emulator anymore, to many games don't work.

I did try mame ex and that plays far more games and most games run full speed and hardly doesn't give any problems,most games work without any problem,don't need to figure how they going to work just install and play.
Stop trolling. Now.
Excuse me what are you on about,if mame ex is better what's your problem,i'm trolling just i said more games work on mame ex i'm a troll.

Be serious about mame emulation stop fooling around mame ex is best mame emulator on pandora that's a fact,wheather he's gone from pandora community but still he produce an good mame emulator.

If you played mame ex properly you will know how much more it can play,if you like panmame you will get less games to play and don't prefer that.

Having more games is much more fun than having less and some cps2 games don't work on panmame,every single cps2 games works on mame ex.

edit:thanks for the insult mcobit i've stop using your emulator you don't need to answer my questions anymore this is the last time i'm writing on this topic and don't ever reply to any of my question on any topic,thank you very much.
I suggest that you undertake a severe attitude adjustment, because if it genuinely isn't trolling, ignoring people writing out very detailed guides to help you or providing links to same, and then posting what pretty much amounts to barely-legible insults toward the developer, who was among those trying to help you, is either a showcase of impoliteness or ignorance, and neither of those are particularly nice options to consider, either.

The problem, Lylat Wars, is in your wording and your behaviour. Re-read the post I've quoted in this reply, and ask yourself how it helps your case. Instead of looking at where others are feeling you're going wrong, you've just thrown some random aggression and know-it-all'ism at me, instead. Either that, or you are deliberately trying to get a negative reaction (which is essentially what "trolling" means) - which is how a great many of your posts appear (including threads where you're soliciting help from others), and is the reason why I issued you a warning before.

Anyway, since you think you know it all: I haven't even used MAME EX, as it never suited my requirements, and I don't even care what it can and cannot run, nor do I care where it came from. Morever, I only play games that I actually own the boards or official compilations for, and PanMAME runs every single one of them. ;) This includes CPS2 games, which work perfectly if you listen to what countless people have told you, and use the correct ROM-set - the one for MAME 0.106.

Thanks for all your work on this port. By far the arcade game that I played more than any other was R-Type and I'm happy to say it works very nicely with this emulator.

I was hoping I could report the emulator works flawlessly though the entire game, but apparently I am going to need a lot more practice to confirm that. ;)

And here is the complete source for advmenu, advmame and notaz sdl with all modifications I have made until now.

It compiles out of the box in sebt3's toolchain. If you are using another environment, be sure to define -DPANDORA when compiling to get the changes in.

http://www.mediafire...i13oua1cx3oucw8

Hey - looks like the file no longer exists. Any chance you could re-upload the sourcecode? Would like to try my hand at adapting the front end to some other emulators.

And here is the complete source for advmenu, advmame and notaz sdl with all modifications I have made until now.

It compiles out of the box in sebt3's toolchain. If you are using another environment, be sure to define -DPANDORA when compiling to get the changes in.

http://www.mediafire...i13oua1cx3oucw8

Hey - looks like the file no longer exists. Any chance you could re-upload the sourcecode? Would like to try my hand at adapting the front end to some other emulators.

Yes, I will upload a new sourcecodearchive tomorrow. Sorry, but I have little time right now.

Yes, I will upload a new sourcecodearchive tomorrow. Sorry, but I have little time right now.
you should get yourself a mcobit.openpandora.org for these stuffs ;)

Is there anything special I need to do to get a Logitech Cordless Rumblepack 2 Controller to work with PanMAME?

PicoDrive finds this, but PanMAME doesn't.

No, there shouldn't be. Have you used an usb-hub?

Edit: Can you use it with the menu?

Last edited by a moderator:

you should get yourself a mcobit.openpandora.org for these stuffs ;)

Yes, thats a good idea. Have to catch ED on irc then :)

Strange. My usb gamepads are picked up just fine... You will need to map the controls to the gamepad manually though.

Hmm really strange its working now. Thanks for the heads up on needing to manually configure the controls.

:)

At least with the USB.

Any idea what settings need to be used for the iControlPad to work? I can't get it to pair as a joystick of any sort.

I can't test it, too as I don't have an icontrolpad, sorry. Maybe someone eles has tried it.

Are you still thinking about implementing the different versions into one build Mcobit would make one hell of a difference to mame4all supported games like outrun and superhangon.

Back