PayPal sucks arse (edited)

C

chrisnic0

I am well pissed, i ordered my GP32 Blu from them about a week ago and everything was fine untill i got an email explaining that my paypal account was not verified and could i do so before they shipped my order. So i went on paypal to do this and it take 3-5 days = lash, also i am going away to uni on sat so the GP32 wont be there, so i emailed lik-sang for a refund. Had no reply as yet, but thats not what i'm pissed off about its just they accpeted the paypal transfer then emailed me. I really cant be arsed ordering one now as im off to uni and have stuff to do.
Oh for internet shopping to be easy - fuck it.,

End of gay rant

NiCo

PS i want a precious gp32_console but obviously its not meant to be. GAY

How come you didnt get it from www.gbax.com ?

Not being a clever sod saying that just wondered why not from the UK instead of over there

okay, I start the flaming..

I personally think that the guys posting that kind of threads "suck arse"

Lik Sang is doing this because they want to be actually paid when they send the stuff

I didnt get it from Gbax as a 166 Gp32 would cost 150 and from lik sang a 133-166 would cost 105 and i have no money.
Yeah i know why they are doing this so why did they accept the paypal transfer??? They have my money? So i dont see the problem that they dont send it. and i can pass my judgement on a website as i see fit so hush your mouth.
I was v.looking forward to getting this b4 i went back to uni, but oh well.

chrisnic0 posted on Sep 15 2004 at 04:50 PM said:
I didnt get it from Gbax as a 166 Gp32 would cost 150 and from lik sang a 133-166 would cost 105 and i have no money.
Yeah i know why they are doing this so why did they accept the paypal transfer??? They have my money? So i dont see the problem that they dont send it. and i can pass my judgement on a website as i see fit so hush your mouth.
I was v.looking forward to getting this b4 i went back to uni, but oh well.

It could have ended up costing alot more if you got charged import tax

Last edited by a moderator:
What you've described is standard practice, and is set up to protect YOU from people using you ID and details to get stuff sent to them. Before you start flaming, it's an idea to think about why this gets done. Unfortunately, the fraudsters out there make suff like this a necessity.

The problem with paypal is that if you pay someone with a non-verified account, there is a risk of charge-back. So they could send you your gp32, and then you could ask paypal for the money back saying it was a fraudulent transaction.

Also, Liksang didn't take the money - if you look carefully over the ordering process, you are redirected to Paypal, and paypal immediately send the payment. Liksang have no control over this.

Last, your going be really sick if you ask for a refund... Normally, Paypal's exchange rates and charges vary a lot, so when Liksang receive your payment of £100, paypal charge them £5 for doing so. If they refund the money, Paypal will charge *you* because it's an international transaction. I don't know the exact charge, but I received a refund from a USA-based company for £70, and Paypal charged me £6 to receive it.

So don't ask for a refund - just give them your new address.

This is why Paypal sucks, and you should always use a credit card if possible.

Steve-O posted on Sep 15 2004 at 06:24 PM said:
It could have ended up costing alot more if you got charged import tax
I must also add that that risk is surprisingly high. Customs obviously ran out of gigantic drug smugglers to nail and take a peek into every odd box of electronics they come across :|

Axeman, i know its to protect us, but if on the website when it came to paying it said "We only accept verified paypal accounts" then i would borrow my Gf's credit card and use that. but they didnt and now I am waiting ages for my GP32.

tell you what ive got an extra brand new gp32 blu here i will sell you it for £140 and you will have it the next day ;) i think its 166mhz ill have to check. Let me know if you want it :D. i really do have an extra unopened one im not joking.

Squidge posted on Sep 15 2004 at 05:56 PM said:
Also, Liksang didn't take the money - if you look carefully over the ordering process, you are redirected to Paypal, and paypal immediately send the payment. Liksang have no control over this.
[...]
This is why Paypal sucks, and you should always use a credit card if possible.

It is 100% true. It is not the first case here with unverified account. Lik-Sang has NOTHING to do with the stupidity of PayPal system. I know it can be sometimes the only solution for people to pay, but using a shitty money transfer system you get crappy service :/ Changing topic for more informative one.

Back