Paypal

Near_Kstor

Hi all...

So, here is the deal... I live in Brazil, and Google Checkout is not available here... So I went to the bank for some information, and it would cost US$120 to transfer US$400 for an UK Bank Account... So I was wandering if we can pay through PayPal >< Since THIS service is available for me...
Any thoughts? Ideas? i.i help ><

Paypal isn't an option right now unfortunately. Because Paypal are jerks. The project got burned so badly by Paypal last year, they may not ever go there again.

There have been some other Brazilian buyers, can anyone help out with their usernames? Maybe Near-kun could PM them and see how they did it. Perhaps another bank will have lower fees. Or a cheque / money order might be a better option.

[edit] Some Brazilian members:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/user/14781-hitnrun/
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/user/7757-gogetaj4br/

[edit 2] I presume you've emailed openpandorasales(at)gmail.com to ask about this? They may be able to help you out somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use Xoom to send money to any UK Bank and fund it via your Paypal account. It will cost you $25 however thats way less than your bank is offering

https://www.xoom.com/sendmoneynow/home?receiveCountryCode=GB

Ive used them for a purchase from Greece with my Paypal account. There website states as long as you have a valid Paypal you can send a money transfer to any country listed for $25

Give them a call or email them

adolobe said:
You can use Xoom to send money to any UK Bank and fund it via your Paypal account. It will cost you $25 however thats way less than your bank is offering

https://www.xoom.com/sendmoneynow/home?receiveCountryCode=GB

Ive used them for a purchase from Greece with my Paypal account. There website states as long as you have a valid Paypal you can send a money transfer to any country listed for $25

Give them a call or email them

WOW!! I think that's it! Now I can make my purchase without throwing my money away >_>
Thanks!

I don't know about Brazil, but here in Japan an international money order did the trick; only about a $25 handling fee, too.

$120 for a transfer?!? That's disgusting :( . I ordered a laptop and was thinking of getting it sent here in Peru, but there were too many "Don't even thing about it" tone of voices (was mainly due to elaborate custom fee's with added interest and hassle) that I scrapped the idea, so it will get sent to the UK instead, hopefully ready for when I get back.

If the current Xoom idea doesn't workout, then I'm sure that you could use some type of moneygram service.

Haven't tried it out yet... Still studying the possibilities...
This Xoom service really seem to be my best option... =/

I've went to the bank to ask for details about the international bank transfer.
The Swift Transfer would cost me US$ 120
The Western Union Transfer would cost me US$ 25~30

BUT, Jacquelyn from openpandorasales confirmed that they only accept Swift transfers =/
I just have to find out how secure is this Xoom service.
Have you actually used it, Adolobe? Have you transfered US$400 or so? The transfer price is really 5% ?

I got lucky because I paid with American Express and, despite the huge problem, the OP team got the money in the end.

One of my friends was interested in buying the Pandora and also had the same issue of not being able to pay with a credit card.

Near-kun said:
Haven't tried it out yet... Still studying the possibilities...
This Xoom service really seem to be my best option... =/

I've went to the bank to ask for details about the international bank transfer.
The Swift Transfer would cost me US$ 120
The Western Union Transfer would cost me US$ 25~30

BUT, Jacquelyn from openpandorasales confirmed that they only accept Swift transfers =/
I just have to find out how secure is this Xoom service.
Have you actually used it, Adolobe? Have you transfered US$400 or so? The transfer price is really 5% ?

I used them to purchase a PC-FX collection but I only sent $230

borgqueenx said:
i hope paypal will be supported soon, because i would really like to upgrade my order with a video cable.

I doubt it ever will, they take a large chunk of money as a fee and are prone to locking accounts when they feel like it. Get a real card!

Back