PCSX reARMed r8

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Probably time we had a thread for this, for compatibility it's probably better to list games which DON'T work as most now seem to run.

Also list tips for performance etc.

R8 - Download

Has anyone managed to get Tempest2000 (Tempest X) to run? It dies for me just before the game starts.

Last edited by a moderator:
With this update (and perhaps any update), is it generally better to simply replace the older version with the newer in the /menu folder or is it better to force a full install by deleting the associated folder in /appdata as well?

With this update (and perhaps any update), is it generally better to simply replace the older version with the newer in the /menu folder or is it better to force a full install by deleting the associated folder in /appdata as well?
I think it depends on how much has changed really, remember all your saves are in that folder along with the bios though

I think it depends on how much has changed really, remember all your saves are in that folder along with the bios though

Good point - thanks!

I just directly replaced the exe and it seems okay so far.

Shame I've had no time to actually play anything yet, but tonight... yes, I'm finally making regular time for Pandoring.

Probably time we had a thread for this, for compatibility it's probably better to list games which DON'T work as most now seem to run.

R8 - Download

Has anyone managed to get Tempest2000 (Tempest X) to run? It dies for me just before the game starts.

Why not just update this list : PSX Rearmed compatibility list

As for Tempest2000 I get the same problem.

+1 for moving this to general talk, it will soon be buried in here.

R8 - Download

Why not just update this list : PSX Rearmed compatibility list

As for Tempest2000 I get the same problem.

+1 for moving this to general talk, it will soon be buried in here.

That list is dead, it's so out of date it's not representative of the high compatibility.

Anyway much better to list games which DON'T work as no one is realistically going to test every single game, so the list ends up looking as if only a handful of games actually work if you list games which work.

Anyway much better to list games which DON'T work as no one is realistically going to test every single game, so the list ends up looking as if only a handful of games actually work if you list games which work.
The list lists both games that work and that don't and as soon as I get my Pandora I will test a lot of games that are not on the list yet. Of course that will not be all of them but it's just a matter of time before all compatibility lists combined cover like 95% of all games released in PAL and NTSC-U territories.

I've simply replaced the PND every time, and left the appdata directory for PCSX ReARMed alone, and it's never caused any problems. Your mileage may vary, of course. :lol:

Yeah well well Craig has 1024 posts hehe exactly 1MB

Wouldn't 1 MB be more like 1.048.576 posts? :)

Haha yes although you are rite I meant 1024KB :)

I've simply replaced the PND every time, and left the appdata directory for PCSX ReARMed alone, and it's never caused any problems. Your mileage may vary, of course. :lol:

I have found that deleting the appdata has made a significant increase to the overall speed of the emulator, Others have reported this too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both r6 and r7 on my SD card, and when I switch back and forth I notice the difference in performance just by replacing the PND. I never delete the appdata folder.

^ Why would that even work? :blink:

Well the config file must have some settings that have been changed over the versions I don't see that being too hard to believe. I don't know why it happened but it definitely did, Was getting a bit frustrated with unexpected slowdowns and general speed issues so went over the thread on GP32X and read about deleting the appdata folder and it worked ever since.

I haven't encountered that, but I'll have to give that a go. I'd hate to be missing out on benefits from the new releases just because of that.

Back