Release PCSX ReARMed, with a new GPU

I'm having a few issues with some games as well. Strider 2 just starts playing music but doesn't load, and Castlevania SOTN goes to the title screen buy won't allow me to start the game anymore...
Both work for me, maybe try clearing the appdata? Also check that BIoS is selected.
Is there any way to use nubs/stylus for lightgun games?
Can be done with touchscreen, ust set "guncon" as input device, and bind keys in controls menu.

Is there any way to use nubs/stylus for lightgun games?
Can be done with touchscreen, ust set "guncon" as input device, and bind keys in controls menu.
You can use touch screen to play guncon games??

i.e: Click on enemy to kill?

THATS TOPS!

I had a look at that awhile back, never went further than a look! Should get a longer attention span!

Here is a hint for those who frequently play the same game and want to get more quickly into it by using save-states.

Example: I like to play the shooter "Raiden", which is included with "Raiden II" in "Raiden Project". To skip loading time, intros and the menu where you can choose which of the two versions you want to play, I launched pcsx started the iso and saved the state at the actual title-screen of "Raiden", right before i start a game.

In order to directly load that state I copied the start-script of pcsx and modified one line:

pnd_run.sh -p /<path_to_pcsx-pnd>/pcsx_rearmed_r12.pnd -b pcsx_rearmed -m
cd /mnt/utmp/pcsx_rearmed/
cp pcsx.sh pcsx_state1.sh
mousepad pcsx_state1.sh

Here is the modified "pcsx_state1.sh"
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# stupid nub mode thing
nub0mode=`cat /proc/pandora/nub0/mode`
nub1mode=`cat /proc/pandora/nub1/mode`
echo absolute > /proc/pandora/nub0/mode
echo absolute > /proc/pandora/nub1/mode

./pcsx -cdfile "$@" -load 1

# restore stuff if pcsx crashes
./picorestore
sudo -n /usr/pandora/scripts/op_lcdrate.sh 60

echo "$nub0mode" > /proc/pandora/nub0/mode
echo "$nub1mode" > /proc/pandora/nub1/mode
Remember to enter the slot-number behind "-load" that you saved to. With the current version of pcsx "slot 0" would be loaded with "-slot 1", but i expect that to change with a soon update. Save the script and exit mousepad. Then leave the pnd-directory, unmount it and make a test-run:

Code:
cd ..
pnd_run.sh -p /<path_to_pcsx-pnd>/pcsx_rearmed_r12.pnd -b pcsx_rearmed -u
pnd_run.sh -p /<path_to_pcsx-pnd>/pcsx_rearmed_r12.pnd -b pcsx_rearmed -e pcsx_state1.sh -a "/media/trans8/multimedia-data/playstation/RaidenProject_SCUS-94402.pbp"
If everything works, then you can use the last line to put it into a .desktop-file or some other launcher or hotkey or ...
Does this still working?

I didn't make it work, and I tried many options combinations

oddly enough, cycling through the graphic plugins solved the issues I was having with those games (and I'm back to using the default one anyway). Thanks for the help anyway! 

Thanks Notaz for your help setting up correctly for lightgun games. Time Crisis is a Joy to play now and i dont have the words to describe the awesomeness of Elemental Gearbolt, it works so well with the Pandora touchscreen.

In a word: JOYGASM :D  

Suggestion: apparently, when a config for a specific game is saved, the memory card selection isn't saved with it, i.e. card 3, 4, etc.

Would be nice if it were, instead of selecting the proper card every time the program starts.

Suggestion: apparently, when a config for a specific game is saved, the memory card selection isn't saved with it, i.e. card 3, 4, etc.

Would be nice if it were, instead of selecting the proper card every time the program starts.
Aha you reminded me to put in my feature request!

Notaz, I would appreciate a feature wereby every game creates it's own memcard. basically some N64 emulators do this and memcard files are small enough anyway (and could be additionally compressed)

The memcard is normally the internal name of the ROM - in this case I'm guessing you could do a default card of the SLUS/SLES code.

Note: I'm aware your todo list is infinite but I keep forgetting to mention this...

got a couple of ideas, one taken from fpse for android, it allows for manual loading of memory card files the other from the psp, 3 possible paths to take

A> self managed, allow creating/managing/loading of memory card files manually within the front end (probably the easiest and best choice and easiest on the coder, harder on the user)

B> combination of self managed and automated, do a "if not exist then create, if exist then load" when booting an image, base the search/create off the file name.being loaded rather than the game ID. Or manually specify and load an image file's memory card if it's a multi disk game. ( would be slicker than A, but more complicated and could lead to problems, potentially less complicated for the user)

C> automated with database- popstation gui v3 ( http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=57 ) has an excellent psx database based from sony's popstation built in. it's used and allows you to encode the .pbp file with that game id so it can be read by popstation and it creates the memorycard based off the game ID IIRC. It would be a lot more complex and a ton more work to incorporate that into pcsx, and would require users recoding their psx games as eboots with correct game id to be supported unless you can do some magic and use some of popstation's code (not sure if opensourced?) to fully integrate identification of game ids from iso pbp and other images (definitely the most polished solution but I can't even imagine how much work that would be)

Last edited by a moderator:
Loading a card from a file manually would not be hard to do, but that's not what people want from what I understood.

Maybe I could just do another option: use shared memory cards/use game specific cards, with default to shared to keep multidisk games supported on default config. The emu is overloaded with confusing options already though, not sure I like that.

Or maybe just do card1 shared and card2 game specific, but that might confuse some people when saves disappear after switching to CD2 of a game.

Or maybe just do card1 shared and card2 game specific, but that might confuse some people when saves disappear after switching to CD2 of a game.
I was just about to suggest this. Share card1 among all games but write a separate card2 savefile for each CD.

Then if someone happens to save to card2 on a multidisc game, they can just load the first CD again and copy the save to card1..

Could the display gamma be saved with the other configuration data?

I can't check... but isn't it a separate function to swap a disc? could it be that the datbase to mark multidisc games could build itself based on this function
e.g. disc 1 inserted card is created. swap disc function is loaded entry is written to link discs together as multi?

Could the display gamma be saved with the other configuration data?
Whoops looks like I forgot to add it to save data..
I can't check... but isn't it a separate function to swap a disc? could it be that the datbase to mark multidisc games could build itself based on this function e.g. disc 1 inserted card is created. swap disc function is loaded entry is written to link discs together as multi?
I'd like to avoid having to implement database. I would not mind if somebody sent a patch though.

Thanks Notaz It worked. Now Im trying to load Gameshark in order to get cheats but it doesnt seem to work.The game seems to load but all I get is a black screen with an intro music. I have tried v.3.4 and 4.0 .bin in both cases.

Back