Pcsx4All Caanoo Beta Testing Results

Has anyone else been able to get save states to work? When I press Start + L or Start + R, it just pauses the game until I release the buttons.

Had a bit of fun with this one - emulating a emulator lol

Pcsx4All New Build 11/12/10

It Must Be Nes (Emulator For PSX) 1828 games ;)
Format .bin+cue
Caano Clock 800Mhz
Sound On (basic)
CPU Bias Auto
CPU Bios
Rest of settings Default
FPS = 43/60 (at the Highest)
Compatible, Playable - works we cosidering its emulating a emulator - sound a bit slow,
I think you could find the best settings by playing a bit more with it, if you got time which I dont have :p

Had a bit of fun with this one - emulating a emulator lol
:lol:

---

Pcsx4All Build 11/12/10
Correction, finally got it working:

Dino Crisis 2
Format: bin/cue
Caanoo Clock: 800
Frameskip: 0
CPU Bias: auto
CPU Core: HLE (interpreter); HLE-secure
Sound: Tested CD+XA, XA only and off but it made no difference (except having no sound when it's switched off ;) )
All other settings default
Result: Compatible, not really playable. That's quite interesting. The PCSX4WIZ compability list says it works fine on the WIZ. I tried the listed settings (which said CPU Bias 8) but it crashed after the "Capcom" screen. Then I changed CPU Bias to auto and I made it to the main menu and saw the first movie. Then it went black again, but emulator still running. When I changed the settings to those I listed above (esp. after switching to HLE (interpreter) or HLE-secure), I get into the game but with FPS 27-31/60 and slow-mo-sound.

---

Soul Blade
Caanoo Clock: 700, 800
CPU Bias: Auto
CPU core: HLE = intro movie smooth, then black screen, HLE (interpreter) and HLE-secure get me to the menu and character-choice.
Sound: Tried all options, OFF worked best in terms of speed
Result: First movie runs okay, menu really really slow (FPS-counter wasn't available), character-choice works but then my Caanoo crashes with the loading screen. Emulator crashes, too -> restart

edit: Got Dino Crisis 2 "working" and corrected the stated settings.

(very short offtopic)

ruffnutts said:
@ JoystickHero if you press L+R sholder buttons + select you can desplay the FPS and put the result in you findings.. press an till it stays in the left hand corner of the screen ;)

Was just playing project overkill @ 800Mhz man this game runs easily full speed
I`m getting FPS = 75/60 sometimes 82/60 lol

nutts out :D

Hey nutts,

concerning Project Overkill: Do you know how to come past the very first blue wall? I guess I need to press the button besides it, but A,B,X and Y are just "fire" , R changes the weapon and L makes a sound like it would change a weapon but doesn't seem to change anything!?

Sorry for OT,

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
@ JoystickHero, L shoulder button and select to open things ;)

The shoulder buttons + select are the L2 and R2 of the original psx controller...

SolarLune said:
Has anyone else been able to get save states to work? When I press Start + L or Start + R, it just pauses the game until I release the buttons.

Nope... some times it crashes the emulator as well

Pcsx4All New Build 11/12/10

Alone In The Dark - The New Nightmare Pal+Ntsc (Patched by Kalisto)
Format bin+cue
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
All settings Default (tried everthing)
FPS = 23/20
Compatible, uplayable once I select pal or ntsc the game boots with graphical mess colours everywhere,
Sound is going in the background - once you press start it crashes the emulator not that you could play it like that anyway

Pcsx4All Build 11/12/10

Fighting Force
Caanoo Clock: 800
CPU Bias: Tried 4 and auto
CPU core: HLE (when using Bios it crashes at the "loading memory card" screen)
Sound: XA / XA + CD
Result: Compatible, partially playable, in-game 30-40/60 fps but it feels slower. After some time it crashes but not on one certain point, just after a bit of fighting. When it crashes, the emulator crashes too -> restart.

Found somthing interesting - downgraded to 1.0.6 firmware and played Project Overkill and I get FPS = 60/60 using the same settings

Even the emulator loads faster

ruffnutts ;)

ruffnutts said:
Found somthing interesting - downgraded to 1.0.6 firmware and played Project Overkill and I get FPS = 60/60 using the same settings

Even the emulator loads faster

ruffnutts ;)

You should report this to GPH or Simon or ED.

Am I the only one where almost every game you try, after a certain amount of time, the emu/game freezes and you need to restart the Caanoo?
Currently got the 1.06 firmware btw

Pcsx4All New Build 11/12/10 - Firmware 1.0.6

Odd World - Abe's Oddyssey pal
Caanoo clock 750Mhz
Format .ccd+img+sub
Sound On (XA)
Abe's Oddyssey Fix
Rest default
FPS = 37/16
Compatible, Playable works flawless - full speed, sounds fine - I reckon you could get away with lowering the caanoo clock

I set the Clock speed to 700Mhz so the FPS is slightly lower

ruffnutts ;)

ruffnutts said:

Caanoo clock 750Mhz
Format .ccd+img+sub
Sound On (XA)
Abe's Oddyssey Fix
Rest default
FPS = 37/16
Compatible, Playable works flawless - full speed, sounds fine - I reckon you could get away with lowering the caanoo clock

Yepp, Abe runs great! So how many flawless games can we count until now? Project Overkill, Abe's Oddyssey and... ? Did I miss one?

I'll continue testing on Monday, this weekend is gonna be hard ;)

edit: Were you able to save in Project Overill? (save state or memory card)? If so, how did you manage to do this?

JoystickHero said:
ruffnutts said:

Caanoo clock 750Mhz
Format .ccd+img+sub
Sound On (XA)
Abe's Oddyssey Fix
Rest default
FPS = 37/16

Yepp, Abe runs great! So how many flawless games can we count until now? Project Overkill, Abe's Oddyssey and... ? Did I miss one?

I'll continue testing on Monday, this weekend is gonna be hard ;)
Alundra is another one that is almost perfect at 750 mhz

Back