Pcsx4All Caanoo Beta Testing Results

ruffnutts said:
Crashbandicoot NTSC
CPU Clock 700Mhz
Format .img .ccd .sub (there was no .cue file)
Default Settings
Uncompatible, Black screen straight away no matter what I tried

P.S maybe some else should try this as it could be my image

I've tried Crash Bandicoot, Cortex Strikes Back, Warped and Team Racing so far, and all four of them give nothing beyond a freeze and a black screen. Unless my images are in the wrong format or there's a setting that needs to be changed, I think it's pretty safe to assume that this emulator doesn't currently agree with whatever tech Naughty Dog were using (especially since Crash Bash, made by Eurocom rather than ND, works fine). The compatibility list currently shows the first two games as incompatible too, which would back that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
WipeOut 3 Special Edition PAL cue+bin

800 Mhz
Default Settings

incompatible, only black screen and music after the "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" screen, buttons are not recognized. Doesn't work with other settings I tried (BIOS, BIAS at 2, HLE secure, HLE Interpreter, Frameskip 0).

On a side note, the emulator doesn't show the cue files, only the bin files, so games with seperate audio tracks in bin files won't play any music.

ruffnutts said:
Resident Evil (Directors Cut) NTSC
CPU Clock 700/750 tried a few settings
Format .iso
Default Settings
Uncompatible, if you use HLE it throws you straight back to the emulator menu, but if you use Bios
It will just boot the sony logo then freeze.

P.S It could be the image on this one too

unless you can't exit using the menu button then the game is still running. just leave it on for a couple of minutes then you'll see! and with save states this will be a one time problem!

!!! I'm surprised - I got the Wild Arms 2 Demo to work - wasn't expecting that...

(Caanoo) Wild Arms 2 Demo - NTSC

CPU Clock: 800 Mhz
Format: .img
Frame-limit: ON (probably could be off)
Frame-skip: 0 (could probably be higher to play non-slowly)
Interlace: OFF
Sound: ON (XA + CD-Audio)
CPU Clock: 100%
CPU Bias: 7
CPU Core: BIOS <- Now that may be useful - I'm using a SCPH-1001 bios image - if you can't get a game to work well enough, perhaps enabling BIOS would help the game to run
CPU Type: Auto
FPS: 30 FPS or so without Frame-skip in-game, cinemas (the opening scenes where the character's backstory is introduced) are a bit slow
Compatible, somewhat slow -
slight graphical errors in the text on each character's card.

Is there some way to enable auto frame-skip?

FF7 NTSC
CPU CLOCK:750
FORMAT: .iso
DEFAULT SETTINGS

game boots, sound works slightly scratchy, menu works, start new game, intro video works, game play is visually glitchy to the point of unplayable. weird note, battle works fine other emulators have problems with that part, the main "game" is unplayable text boxes work fine. Speed is acceptable 10-20 fps

FF8 NTSC
DEFAULT SETTINGS

game boots, sound works, menu works, start new game, intro video works and goes to a loop, gameplay never happens

FF2 NTSC
DEFAULT SETTINGS

game boots, sound works, menu works abite slow, start new game, visual glitches it appears to be missing a layer, gameplay slow 10-20 fps

chrono trigger NTSC
DEFAULT SETTINGS

game boots, sound works, into video, menu works extremely slow, start new game, slow ingame 10-20 fps

parasite eve (u) bin+cue work full speed with all sound except during fmvs
750mhz
bias 7

tenchu stealth assassins (e) bin+cue full speed with all sounds
750mhz
bias 6

Brave Fencer Musashi NTSC
CPU Clock 800Mhz
Format .bin
CPU Core Bios, Rest Default Settings
FPS = 11/20
Compatible, slow no graphical gliches - sounds slow due to framerate I should think,
I also could not figure out how to turn the camera, wondering weather you need an analoge stick..mmmm

Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha NTSC
CPU Clock 820Mhz
Format bin+cue
CPU Bias 6, Rest Default Settings
FPS = 14/20
Compatible. Slow no graphical gliches - sound slow in game, only thing stopping this game is speed.

Consoles:
Caanoo: fw 1.0.6
Wiz: fw 1.2.1

Results:

Excellent results in all versions on default settings:
Adventures of Lomax (USA) [SCUS-94906] (17-18/20fps)

Minor improvements on new version, game works and playable on default settings:
Aces of the Air (USA) [SLUS-01470] (13-17fps/20)
Action Bass (USA) [SLUS-01248](13-28fps/20, sometimes graphical glitches)
Adventure of Phix (USA) [SLUS-01523](13-14fps/20)
All-Star Baseball (USA) [SLUS-00392] (13-16fps/20)
3Xtreme (USA) (Demo) [SCUS-94365] (14-16fps/20, the game uses a second pair of shifts,marked out of sync sound and action)

Better in the new version, but not playable:
Adidas Power Soccer '98 (USA) [SLUS-00547] (hung on the old version with an emulator to start, in the new version comes to the menu)

Playable in the old version on the not default settings, I could not find work settings on the new version:
A-Train (USA) [SLUS-00003] (weird black lines covering the image on the screen, decides to change Frame-skip: 0 (Video) on public version)
Action Man - Operation Extreme (USA) [SLUS-00887] (out of sync sound and action, does not start the first mission because of the synchronization action flags, solution is:
Ram Tweaks: off
Frame-Limit:eek:n
Frame-Skip:2(Video)
CPU Clock: 70-80%
CPU Bias:3
CPU Core: HLE on old version)

Hangs on startup:
Adidas Power Soccer (USA) [SCUS-94502]
Agile Warrior F-111X (USA) [SLUS-00023](Hangs on startup, along with the emulator)

Sorry for my english.

Just out of interest, does anybody measure a performance difference in the Wiz and Caanoo builds?

just to know also if the sd card as an impact on the performance of the emulator. i can be good to writte the class of the card.

if your like me and use a separate card for testing hes how to boot straight into pcsx4all from switch on ;)

copy this below into notpad 2

#!/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd/pcsx4all
exec ./pcsx4all_20101126.gpe

then save it as autorun.gpu then put it in the root of your card and put all the con-tense of the emulator into a folder called pcsx4all,
Now wen you switch on the Caanoo it will boot straight into pcsx4all.

P.S I`m using a 16GB transend class 10 for my testing ;)

ruffnutts

Metal Gear Solid
format: iso
cpu: 800Mhz
bias: 4
(same settings as on the Wiz compatability sheet https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmAByCjdBqwudHpyYjR5YjY4Nml2UFBkQVdVanVhSVE&hl=en&authkey=CNKrjdIF#gid=0 )
framerate: sluggish

loads but when I try to start a new game it hangs.

parappa the rapper (u) ccd+img+sub
good speed 45/60 fps but very playable

800mhz
frame limit on
frame skip 0
bias 3

sexy parodius (J) bin+cue
full speed 60fps

800mhz
frame skip 0
frame limit on

WipeOut 2097 PAL cue+bin
Firmware 1.0.6, Class 10 SD card
800 MHz
Ram Tweaks On
Frame Skip On
All other settings Default
Compatible 40-50 FPS no CD music, cause the emulator doesn't support cue files, Speech samples sound like they are played to slow, otherwise near perfect

G-Darius PAL cue+bin
800 MHz
partially working, game boots up fine, after starting an Arcade game, the game hangs at loading screen

Has anybody a good conversion tool for Windows, to convert cue+bin files with seperate Audio tracks to iso or another format, that the emulator supports?

CKeichel said:
WipeOut 2097 PAL cue+bin
800 MHz
Ram Tweaks On
Frame Skip On
All other settings Default
Compatible 40-50 FPS no CD music, cause the emulator doesn't support cue files, Speech samples sound like they are played to slow, otherwise near perfect

G-Darius PAL cue+bin
800 MHz
partially working, game boots up fine, after starting an Arcade game, the game hangs at loading screen

Has anybody a good conversion tool for Windows, to convert cue+bin files with seperate Audio tracks to iso or another format, that the emulator supports?
I get CD music on mine with just bin and cue.

This test is done with a better image from above tesing of resdent evil

Resident Evil Diretors Cut NTSC
Format ccd+img+sub
CPU Clock 800Mhz
Ram Tweaks On
Frame Limit Off
Sound on(XA+CD)
Clock 100%
CPU Bias 4
CPU Core Bios
CPU Type Auto
Auto-Save Off
No Game Fixes
Compatible, boots to the video game violence screen then goes black - but the game is still running at 37/60 FPS

BTW These settings are the same as residen evil 2 settings on the wiz version...

Final Fantasy 9
CPU: 800Mhz
BIAS: 4
CPU CORE: hle- secure
GAMEFIX: SPU-IRQ

boots with these settings, but messes up on the intro movie after starting a new game

@ Qbertaddict

How did you manage this, the emulator doesn't recognize the cue file, how can the CD music played correct, without the information of the cue file?

Just a piece of advice ;)

Chui said:

BIAS-4 is a high value in most cases. Although it can boost the frame-rate, actually the game runs slow because PSX is being emulated at less Mhz than it´s supposed to.

Only the games that under-use the CPU work fine with values higher than BIAS-3.

Back