Format bin+cue
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
Frame Limit Off
Ram Tweaks On
CPU Clock 80%
CPU Core Bios 4 or 7 (see below)
Rest Of Settings Default
FPS = 34/60
Compatible, no gliches - FMV great music slightly crackly - speech slow on dialogue and a tad to slow to play, but its a start :)

if you up the CPU Bias TO 7 it seems to improve the speech a bit more and the FPS = 53/60 but still to slow :-(

ruffnutts ;)

Bust A Groove NTSC
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
Ram Tweaks On
CPU Clock 70%
CPU Core HLE-Secure
Rest Of Settings Default
FPS = 50/60
Compatible, Intro perfect including music and menu fine an till you get to select a character screen and then the music slows down as well
As in game, bit slow to play - no glitches though :D

ruffnutts ;)

Sorry Khan :eek: but i didnt get your pm, can you resend me the Link (e-mail or pm)

thx

:ph34r:

Dragon from Germany

lDragonl said:
Sorry Khan :eek: but i didnt get your pm, can you resend me the Link (e-mail or pm)

thx

:ph34r:

Dragon from Germany

I suggest waiting for the new beta ;) (Coming soon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Star Wars Dark Forces Pal
Format .ccd+img+sub+cue
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
Frame Limit Off
CPU Core HLE-Secure
Rest Default settings
FPS = 25/16
Compatible, crashes when you press start - but if not will go to the title screen then crash anyway, music fine
No graphical gliches....well a little beep but thats it - shame wicked game love it :p

BTW - Any settings that are not listed in my test`s mean there default ;)

Star Wars Episode 1 Pal
Format .bin+cue
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
All settings Default
FPS = 66/20
Compatible, only because its running... but in constant black screen, this is no matter what settings I use :blink:

Has anyone tried King's Field?

That game ran at about 10fps most of the time on the original Playstation, so it may be hard to tell if it's working properly.

I could never stand playing it due to the horrible speed problems, but if it was on a handheld I might be more forgiving.

If I can find the iso, I will try it out ;)

EDIT: Found it and watched a youtube video - you wasnt joking about the speed,
Nearly fell asleep watching the opening scene of the staircase to the castle pmsl

Report soon dude...

King`s Field Pal
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 800Mhz
Ram Timings On
Frame Linit Off
CPU Clock 40%
CPU Bias 3
CPU Core Bios
Rest Default Settings
FPS = 55/50 (sometimes 61/50)
Compatible, intro faster than the youtube video I have seen - playable if the original psx is only 10fps
No graphical gliches, speech slightly skippy - takes some time to read the memory cards.. but all in all it works
With these settings

ruffnutts ;)

New beta hot from the oven!!!

Please, from now on focus your tests on this new build (Should we open a new thread?)

PM frenzy in 3,2,1... :p

Khan said:

Please, from now on focus your tests on this new build (Should we open a new thread?)

Hi Khan,

Once we've got the new build up and running, can I ask what sorts of changes to expect? In addition to what you mention in your PM, has there been work done to improve performance? Notable compatibility changes or bugfixes? I'm really just curious as to what settings to mess with and/or what changes in-game to keep an eye out for.

Grandia PAL
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 750Mhz
Ram Timings On
Frame Linit Off
CPU Clock 100%
CPU Bias 4
CPU Core Bios
Rest Default Settings
FPS = 24/16 (sometimes 18/16)
intros run fine with sound very little cracking in sound. Game is slow runs about at 1/3 of full speed.

Bandicoot 2 PAL
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 750Mhz
Ram Timings On
Frame Linit Off
CPU Clock 100%
CPU Bias 4
CPU Core Bios
Rest Default Settings
FPS = none
black screen

Bandicoot 3 PAL
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 750Mhz
Ram Timings On
Frame Linit Off
CPU Clock 100%
CPU Bias 4
CPU Core Bios
Rest Default Settings
FPS = none
black screen

all tested on the Caanoo with build from the 26th of november

AJack said:
Khan said:

Hi Khan,

Once we've got the new build up and running, can I ask what sorts of changes to expect? In addition to what you mention in your PM, has there been work done to improve performance? Notable compatibility changes or bugfixes? I'm really just curious as to what settings to mess with and/or what changes in-game to keep an eye out for.

Well, IIRC Franxis said that the Crash Bandicoot series would perform better in this build.

Also, the Auto BIAS setting should provide an interesting test ;)

Grandia PAL
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 750Mhz
Ram Timings On
Frame Linit Off
CPU Clock 100%
CPU Bias 4
CPU Core Bios
Rest Default Settings
FPS = 24/16 (sometimes 18/16)
intros run fine with sound very little cracking in sound. Game is slow runs about at 1/3 of full speed.

Bandicoot 2 PAL
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 750Mhz
Ram Timings On
Frame Linit Off
CPU Clock 100%
CPU Bias Auto
CPU Core Bios
Rest Default Settings
FPS = 5/8
runs with the new beta of pcsx4all but very slow even frameskip set to 2 in game.

Bandicoot 3 PAL
Format .bin
Caanoo Clock 750Mhz
Ram Timings On
Frame Linit Off
CPU Clock 100%
CPU Bias Auto
CPU Core Bios
Rest Default Settings
FPS = none
runs with the new beta of pcsx4all but very slow even frameskip set to 2 in video. Freezes at start game screen.

Tested on the Caanoo (latest firmware) and pscx4all beta build from 11th of december.

I'd like someone to clarify the significance of some of the settings, what exactly is changed with turning on RAM tweaking? What do CPU clock and Bias do? What happens exactly when changing the framskip value from say 2 to 9 and what does the game frame skipping help with?

November Build

Spyro the Dragon PAL
Caanoo Clock: 750mhz
Format: BIN
Default Settings, video frameskip OFF.

Compatible, Slow, approaching Moderate. An occasional flash of colour will appear during play, otherwise no glitches. Sound seems a-ok, limited only by framerate. Game runs surprisingly well, with framerates of 50/50 during low-poly sections (loading screens, etc) with 25-30/50 during actually gameplay.

-----------------------------------

December Build

Spyro the Dragon PAL
Bias: 4 (default iirc)
Video frameskip OFF.

Very similar performance as the Nov build, though now there are serious polygon-based glitches where chunks of scenery will stretch upwards to a point as you move past them. Would render the game unplayable if the framerates weren't already doing that.

Spyro the Dragon PAL
Bias: AUTO
Video frameskip OFF.

Identical performance and visuals to the manually set Bias above. Possibly a few frames less per second, though very difficult to be sure.

Back