Pcsx4All Compatibility List

Orion4874 said:
I'm seeing a good amount of green on that list which is great. Has anyone tried Final Fantasy VIII, I didn't see it on the list?

i did in pandora-ginge, biggest issue is a blank screen in the world mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Crookedmouth said:
Good idea! I decided to test Diablo and for some reason the start button doesn't work. I was so hoping that I could get a Diablo fix on the go.

Read the list. I made a diablo entry. You have to use BIOS mode (which means you need a PSX bios file) and the game actually works pretty well.

Edit: Although I gave it a B ranking because of it's semi-low framerate, which doesn't seem to be a problem.

What happened to the entry about The Adventures of Lomax? I tried and it runs perfect at overclock 800 (music is CD-audio, the rest is default, although the music is kinda slow most of the time, the gameplay seems to be flawless)

Also, I was able to make Baldies work at overclock 800, BIOS and frameskip 0 (CD-audio, the rest is default)it works fine, although kinda slow somethimes (maybe up the overclock? I don't know, if someone could help me I appreciate)

Since I'm more noob with the google sheet than with the wiz, could someone please put these two entries there for me? I'm really afraid to erase something there or whatnot ^^"

Thanks

Lord Scar said:
What happened to the entry about The Adventures of Lomax? I tried and it runs perfect at overclock 800 (music is CD-audio, the rest is default, although the music is kinda slow most of the time, the gameplay seems to be flawless)

Also, I was able to make Baldies work at overclock 800, BIOS and frameskip 0 (CD-audio, the rest is default)it works fine, although kinda slow somethimes (maybe up the overclock? I don't know, if someone could help me I appreciate)

Since I'm more noob with the google sheet than with the wiz, could someone please put these two entries there for me? I'm really afraid to erase something there or whatnot ^^"

Thanks

Edit: Added Baldies and Adventures of Lomax based on your last post.

If you don't want to post on the sheet, post here with the following information:

* Status -
* Filetype -
* Region -
* Wiz Clock -
* Ram Tweaks -
* FrameLimit -
* FrameSkip -
* Sound -
* CPU Clock -
* CPU Bias -
* CPU Core -
* Game Fixes -
* Notes -

Just fill that in, and I'll add it to the list.

Thanks, here we go then =)

The Adventures of Lomax

* Status - Green
* Filetype - Bin + Cue
* Region - NTSC-U
* Wiz Clock - 800
* Ram Tweaks - ON
* FrameLimit - OFF
* FrameSkip - 1
* Sound - ON (XA+CDA)
* CPU Clock - 100%
* CPU Bias - 4
* CPU Core - HLE
* Game Fixes - No
* Notes - The music slows down when there's to many things moving on-screen, the gameplay seems flawless so far so tests are only needed to correct the music in some parts.

Baldies

* Status - Green
* Filetype - ccd + img + sub
* Region - [SLUS-01567] (sorry if it's wrong, that what's in the files)
* Wiz Clock - 800
* Ram Tweaks - ON
* FrameLimit - OFF
* FrameSkip - 0
* Sound - ON (XA+CDA)
* CPU Clock - 100%
* CPU Bias - 4
* CPU Core - Bios
* Game Fixes - No
* Notes - Runs perfectly so far

If someone wants to make more tests to try find even better settings, please be my guest. Hope it helps, thanks in advance =)

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
Lord Scar said:

Thanks

Edit: Added Baldies and Adventures of Lomax based on your last post.

If you don't want to post on the sheet, post here with the following information:

* Status -
* Filetype -
* Region -
* Wiz Clock -
* Ram Tweaks -
* FrameLimit -
* FrameSkip -
* Sound -
* CPU Clock -
* CPU Bias -
* CPU Core -
* Game Fixes -
* Notes -

Just fill that in, and I'll add it to the list.

I have not tried The Adventures of Lomax on the Wiz yet, but on my PSP with the psx popstation emu it does the same thing with the sound. The speed is great on the psp, but the sound slows down as well. So it could just be that the game is a bitch to emulate correctly.

New game to be added: Johnny Bazookatone

* Status - Blue
* Region - NTSC
* Wiz Clock - 750
* Ram Tweaks - ON
* FrameLimit - OFF
* FrameSkip - 0
* Sound - ON (XA)
* CPU Clock - 100%
* CPU Bias - 4
* CPU Core - Bios
* Game Fixes - No
* Notes - Cinematics are running faster than normal but with normal sound, menu and gameplay running ok but with very buggy music and FX with late timing. Need more tests

Maybe there's a fix somewhere that helps with the sound of lomax (and maybe johnny bazookatone too, I hope) but I know nothing about game fixes unfortunately ^^"

Thanks in advance

Can someone out there help me with Medievil? I'm trying to make it work, but it appears to only give me a black screen and nothing more, I have tried to up the clock to 800, changed the HLE/BIOS setting, and now messing up the BIAS and still the same thing... can someone that knows more about how this kinds of things work make more proper tests? Thanks

Lord Scar said:
Can someone out there help me with Medievil? I'm trying to make it work, but it appears to only give me a black screen and nothing more, I have tried to up the clock to 800, changed the HLE/BIOS setting, and now messing up the BIAS and still the same thing... can someone that knows more about how this kinds of things work make more proper tests? Thanks
Sorry but a lot of game doesn't work like Dragon Quest VII and Chrono Cross!
Unfortunatly we don't have any message from Franxis and Chui about the emulator improvement and the compatibilities!

Awn man, it seems Medievil II works as good as it's predecessor (meaning: black screen of death). I'm not even going to bother trying to mess with the emu stats, if someone with more experience wants to try making one of those games working, I'd be glad.

Until there, more two for the black list I fear

glezmen said:
can anyone recommend good (if possible, 3D) racing games which run well with PCSX4All? Gran Turismo runs, but it's very slow, i'm looking for something playable

someone mentioned Wipeout, does it work well? any other racing games?

Another game you can try... Burning Road.

It's pretty much a shameless rip-off of Daytona USA. It's a little slow and has graphical glitches, but it does play OK.

raindog said:
Another playable game: Gauntlet legends.

About 40/60 - Bias 4 - Frameskip 0 - XA + CD audio. HLE - Overclock 820.

Yes, you are right raindog, Gauntlet Legend does work (although kinda slow, but my wiz can only run at Overclock 800, but is still playable)

Gauntlet Legends

* Status - Blue
* Region - NTSC (although I don't know for sure, my roms don't say anything, better ask raindog for the ones he has)
* Wiz Clock - 800 (see notes)
* Ram Tweaks - ON
* FrameLimit - OFF
* FrameSkip - 0
* Sound - ON (XA + CD Audio)
* CPU Clock - 100%
* CPU Bias - 4
* CPU Core - HLE
* Game Fixes - No
* Notes - Is playable at overclock 800 although kinda slow. At 820 it may run faster but it's still very playable at 800

Thanks for the suggestion raindog, hope I helped somehow =)

Lord Scar said:
raindog said:
Another playable game: Gauntlet legends.

About 40/60 - Bias 4 - Frameskip 0 - XA + CD audio. HLE - Overclock 820.

Yes, you are right raindog, Gauntlet Legend does work (although kinda slow, but my wiz can only run at Overclock 800, but is still playable)

Gauntlet Legends

* Status - Blue
* Region - NTSC (although I don't know for sure, my roms don't say anything, better ask raindog for the ones he has)
* Wiz Clock - 800 (see notes)
* Ram Tweaks - ON
* FrameLimit - OFF
* FrameSkip - 0
* CPU Clock - 100%
* CPU Bias - 4
* CPU Core - HLE
* Game Fixes - No
* Notes - Is playable at overclock 800 although kinda slow. At 820 it may run faster but it's still very playable at 800

Thanks for the suggestion raindog, hope I helped somehow =)

Press L + R + Select to bring up the FPS counter in the top-left corner. If it says ##/60, it's an NTSC game, if it says ##/50, it's PAL

Oh, ok... Gauntlet Legends is running at 35/60 during gameplay (higher during cutscenes), so it's NTSC =)

Good news, everyone: Bushido Blade is running great

Bushido Blade

* Status - Green
* Filetype - bin + cue
* Region - NTSC
* Wiz Clock - 800
* Ram Tweaks - ON
* FrameLimit - OFF
* FrameSkip - 0
* CPU Clock - 100%
* CPU Bias - 4
* CPU Core - HLE
* Game Fixes - No
* Notes: perfect during cutscenes, slower during gameplay (45/60), but still running great

Thanks for the help b1ueskycomp1ex =)

Great news everyone! Bushido Blade 2 is running even better!

Bushido Blade II

* Status - Green
* Filetype - bin + cue
* Region - NTSC
* Wiz Clock - 800
* Ram Tweaks - ON
* FrameLimit - OFF
* FrameSkip - 0
* CPU Clock - 100%
* CPU Bias - 4
* CPU Core - BIOS
* Game Fixes - No
* Notes: running even better than Bushido Blade I (almost 40/60). Use "Interface: Progressive" for extra speed and better performance

EDIT: I've tested setting "Interface: Progressive" in Gauntlet Legends and found a significant increase in speed during gameplay (40/60, like Bushido Blade 2). Maybe this can be applied to all, if not most games that are "almost perfect" but a bit slow sometimes... more tests are welcomed

Command & Conquer

* Status - green
* Filetype - bin/cue
* Region - NTSC-U
* Wiz Clock - 820Mhz
* Ram Tweaks - on
* FrameLimit - on
* FrameSkip - 0
* Sound - XA
* CPU Clock - 70%
* CPU Bias - 12
* CPU Core - HLE
* Game Fixes - none
* Notes - If you prefer smoother video you could set bias to 2 and turn off the in-game music as it sounds awful on anything less than 12 bias.

Since it is listed already, I put 3 hours into Alundra last night on the Wiz. I can say it is pretty playable. Music has an odd pace at times but when in dungeons and there is fighting, it runs full speed no problem. The only issue really is slow text rendering during dialog heavy parts which can be annoying (you can hold square to help speed it up).

Overall very playable and I will try to beat it again to see if there are any glitches.

just want to mention (if not anyone else already did) there's a spanish compatibility list, too. maybe you should merge the lists?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av-Z4VRCt7S3dHRBM3FYMkVJMjYyVEhDRTVlRTRQdkE&hl=es&authkey=CPG2q_MK#gid=7

crow_riot said:
just want to mention (if not anyone else already did) there's a spanish compatibility list, too. maybe you should merge the lists?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av-Z4VRCt7S3dHRBM3FYMkVJMjYyVEhDRTVlRTRQdkE&hl=es&authkey=CPG2q_MK#gid=7

The only issue with that would be 2 languages. Having a list with 2 different languages wouldn't work too well (it's easy enough for me to tell on that list how good the games run, but I can't read to notes), so more that likely you would end up having to maintain an english and spanish version... Plus, I don't see too many games that aren't already listed on "our" list, maybe just a few.

Terrible news everyone, Chō Aniki: Kyūkyoku Muteki Ginga Saikyō Otoko is the best working game that I've tested in this emulator, and with normal settings

Chō Aniki: Kyūkyoku Muteki Ginga Saikyō Otoko

* Status - Green
* Filetype - ccd + cue + img + sub
* Region - ? (it's in japanese and runs FPS 18/20, sometimes greater, what should I put in here?)
* Wiz Clock - 700
* Ram Tweaks - ON
* FrameLimit - OFF
* FrameSkip - 0
* CPU Clock - 100%
* CPU Bias - 4
* CPU Core - HLE
* Game Fixes - No
* Notes: Runs perfectly, except for lack of music during gameplay

Why terrible news? Go play it and you'll soon find out

EDIT: see notes (I saw a few videos and realised there is supposed to be music during the gameplay)

Back