Pcsx4All Compatibility List

Could you please make the list accessible for people who do not have a Google account?

wongojack said:
Regarding FIFA RTWC '98

@Exophase thanks for that explanation about the relationship between the bias and the cpu clock! I consider myself able to follow instructions and I'm interested in this for further testing of other games, so I went ahead and did a comparison.

With my original settings I posted above I get somewhere between 20 and 40 FPS depending on how much stuff is going on around the ball. The FPS stays mostly between 35 and 38, but fluctuates.

I switched and tried bias 5 at 100% cpu clock and the FPS swings between 5 and 33. For most of the gameplay it stays between 30 and 32. The game is noticeably slower and less responsive.

Hm, okay. The clock rate might be effecting more than I realize, like if it's actually changing the whole system clock and not just CPU clock like I figured. Changing things whole system would be bad since it'd be changing the vsync rate and rootcounters in general and other synchronizing events. I have to look at the code though, assuming this is something that's in the base PCSX-R and not unique to Pcsx4all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Judge Dredd

* Status - Red
* Filetype - ccd + img + sub
* Region - NTSC/U
* Wiz Clock - 800
* Ram Tweaks - ON
* FrameLimit - OFF
* FrameSkip - 0
* Sound - ON (XA)
* CPU Clock - 180%
* CPU Bias - 3
* CPU Core - HLE
* Game Fixes - No

The game emulates but the FPS fluctuates wildly between 35fps up to 60 during gameplay. There is a noticable skipping during gameplay that pushes this into red, but you can shoot enemies and finish the first stage which is all I tested. Videos don't play.

Talking of compatibility lists, I wrote a website once that did all this but it was a little clunky, so I started an updated compatibility list site but kinda lost interest. Would anyone like me to continue that site?

The unfinished updated site can be viewed here: http://checklist.berzerk.co.uk/

Currently there is no functionality, just the initial layout. If I go ahead then any ideas would be welcomed.

Bye for now,
Clare.

Asterix (Infogrames - 1999)

* Status - Blue
* Filetype - ccd + img + sub
* Region - PAL/E
* Wiz Clock - 700
* Ram Tweaks - ON
* FrameLimit - OFF
* FrameSkip - 1
* Sound - ON (XA)
* CPU Clock - 100%
* CPU Bias - 4
* CPU Core - HLE
* Game Fixes - No

The default settings work for this game, and while the fps is maxed out most of the time, the 3d platform and action sequences are sluggish (slow). I adjusted the settings quite a bit and while it seemed like I could get them to speed up slightly, it didn't really make the game much fun to play. I'll keep testing, and if I can fix the problem, I will update the settings. All of the turn-based, map parts of the game seem to work 100%. Turn the frame limiter on to sync the opening video.

I'm trying to run Legend of Dragoon, it seems the higher I put the CPU bias the smoother the game runs, at 4 the music is skippy and the game clearly lags, at 7 the music is completely smooth, at 8 the game almost completely stops lagging, past 10 and the game slows to a crawl. Is there any consequences of setting the CPU Bias so high?

Clare said:
Talking of compatibility lists, I wrote a website once that did all this but it was a little clunky, so I started an updated compatibility list site but kinda lost interest. Would anyone like me to continue that site?

Currently there is no functionality, just the initial layout. If I go ahead then any ideas would be welcomed.

Bye for now,
Clare.
I think that's a great idea. One place to go for all the compatability lists? It would definately come in handy. Would it be just for the handhelds from this site cause I see there's a bunch of different systems there?

Orion4874 said:
Clare said:

Bye for now,
Clare.
I think that's a great idea. One place to go for all the compatability lists? It would definately come in handy. Would it be just for the handhelds from this site cause I see there's a bunch of different systems there?
Well the way the site will be structured you can add just about anything there that needs a compatibility list. I could probably add sub headings for handhelds, consoles, computer systems, OS's or whatever we like!

The data there at the moment is just test data, and could be wiped and start from fresh.

StarG said:
Are you planning to make the editing available to the public?
What I did on the original lists (Checklist) was to have 3 layers, SuperAdmins, Admins and Users. SuperAdmins have total control over the site, Admins can add, and edit the site content and emulators/systems etc. Users can update statuses, add comments etc. I did once have it public access but thought that was a little dangerous as that means you have zero control over what is posted.

Clare.

i tried the green games like Harvest Moon or Legend of Dragoon but when accesing the "MemoryCard" the Game freezed up...without the option to save this emu make no sense :(

BigWhoop said:
i tried the green games like Harvest Moon or Legend of Dragoon but when accesing the "MemoryCard" the Game freezed up...without the option to save this emu make no sense :(

I had that problem for a while, I actually used my memory card files from epsxe for mine, it would crash if I named the memory card file wrong. I mistakenly named the file mcr001 and mcr002 by mistake, it has to be mcr000 and mcr001. That fixed it for me.

i´ll have to set memorycard files of my one? is this not installed and aktivated per default?

Can someone move Legend of Dragoon from playable to unplayable but compatible? The game runs at almost 100% when walking around. When it enters a battle the framerate drops down to 9 fps with a frame skip at 2 (video), the game requires good timing so it is unplayable. It also crashes under HLE when entering a battle but will run fine under all the other settings.

Also the game lags with a CPU bias higher then 9 and lower then 7

I am curious as I haven't heard the latest, has the source for this been released yet, or is it still in violation of the GPL?

Haven't heard back from Franxis yet, I'm sure he'll e-mail me when he gets back from wherever.

Has anyone else noticed? Silver in games look yellowy gold. It seems this way so far in Legend of Dragoon and Final Fantasy 7. Also, some letters in FF7 gets 1 line of pixels lopped off.

Darkknight512 said:
Has anyone else noticed? Silver in games look yellowy gold. It seems this way so far in Legend of Dragoon and Final Fantasy 7. Also, some letters in FF7 gets 1 line of pixels lopped off.

Yeah, it's even like that in the video they first posted of the games online - Final Fantasy VII has some odd coloration, menus are missing colors, etc.

It's a shame, as the game is otherwise pretty playable albeit with frameskip. Still, very promising - I think we need to start a pool to give these guys more money in a further attempt to get more progress out of this emu, as it's got so much potential.

Has anyone else been able to get Clock Tower to work? I've tried several different settings, but nothing seems to work. I usually just get a black screen and can't even exit back to the main screen, I always have to power down my Wiz. The only CPU I've had any luck with is HLE-Secure. It gives me a white screen briefly, then freezes to black. It is strange because Clock Tower 2 works great! I thought maybe it was the ROM but it works fine on my PC PSX emulator.

Back