Pcsx4All Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
craigix said:
Well I can see the GPH scene just continues to get more and more sophisticated.

Sigh, now people are probably going to blame me for you throwing massive fuel on this. I'm not ever going to get to see this source, am I ;P

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
By "threats" you mean you're against anyone publicly asking for it right? I don't see where the threats are.

No, I meant legal actions. Back in the GP2X days, someone (from Germany) wanted to sue GPH for not releasing the sourcecode.
But he never even ASKED them to release the sourcecode. They had no idea about it, so they didn't include a written offer.

Once I told them about how GPL works and what they need to do, everything settled down.

Though I clearly didn't like how the guy started a lawsuit before even trying to ask them.

Last edited:
Sure, that crap is annoying. We don't need any silly GPL policing here. I just want to see the source and they're distributing this license file saying that it's supposed to be offered to me.

Just so it's clear, the "written offer" part I pasted is an offer that the party distributing the program is supposed to make, not something someone who wants the source is supposed to propose. If you don't distribute the source with the program you have to make it clear how to contact someone to get it. I'm not just blowing smoke here, I wanted source, so I looked for this offer to find who to contact, then I looked at the linked websites and I didn't find anything. They might not be aware that they're supposed to be doing this, if I let them know maybe it'll prevent other people from looking for it like I did.

Exophase said:
Sure, that crap is annoying. We don't need any silly GPL policing here. I just want to see the source and they're distributing this license file saying that it's supposed to be offered to me.

Just so it's clear, the "written offer" part I pasted is an offer that the party distributing the program is supposed to make, not something someone who wants the source is supposed to propose. If you don't distribute the source with the program you have to make it clear how to contact someone to get it. I'm not just blowing smoke here, I wanted source, so I looked for this offer to find who to contact, then I looked at the linked websites and I didn't find anything. They might not be aware that they're supposed to be doing this, if I let them know maybe it'll prevent other people from looking for it like I did.

Yep. I know. Have you tried contacting Franxis already?
According to the donate button, it's franxism@gmail.com

Last edited:
craigix said:
Well I can see the Pandora scene just continues to get more and more ordinary.

id6490 said:
craigix said:
Well I can see the Pandora scene just continues to get more and more ordinary.

See what I mean?

I swear some of the people posting to this thread have no idea what the thread is about and what Exo is trying to obtain, they are just seeing it as some kind of imagined attack on Franxis.

Exophase said:
I'm making this topic to publicly request a link to Pcsx4all's source code. In case it isn't clear, the GPL requires the following (quoted by Wikipedia):

"The fourth section for version 2 of the license and the seventh section of version 3 require that programs distributed as pre-compiled binaries are accompanied by a copy of the source code, a written offer to distribute the source code via the same mechanism as the pre-compiled binary or the written offer to obtain the source code that you got when you received the pre-compiled binary under the GPL."

Which I can't find in the readme.

Offer of availability in corresponding documentation aside, I couldn't find the source available on either Franxis's or Chui's websites. If it's there and I'm not seeing it could someone tell me where? Otherwise, I hope it will be posted, with a link given in the readme.
Oh my Dog, Don't fuck me! Really?? I didn't know...
You're the best clown in GPLing, Exophase. Hypocrite.

Exophase said:
No, I was hoping he'd see this thread. Has he really left? >_>

Yes, he said good-bye after some debatable remarks from craigix. You can't find this posts. A mod deleted big chunks of the thread due to off-topic and (my) request.

Oh, I guess you don't have me on ignore then ;p I must have misunderstood what you said in another topic, or you took me off. Sorry for assuming that.

Okay, I'll e-mail him, we'll see if he tears me's mad at me for it ^^

id6490 said:
Oh my Dog, Don't fuck me! Really?? I didn't know...
You're the best clown in GPLing, Exophase. Hypocrite.

Are we failing the Turing Test here or what?

amzg said:
craigix said:
Nintiendo1Spain said:
I'm waiting the source code of PSX4ALL (Pandora) of ZodTTD...

It's amazing what people do to favor their console... and even they call them the saviors of scene... :huh:

EDIT: And don't worry, Franxis will port PCSX and MAME to CAANOO

No one cares about your beef with Zod or anyone else, the fact is that the source has to be released by Franxis NOW.

What other people have done/do makes no difference, and what are you going on about MAME and the Caanoo for? Do you actually understand the GPL?

Here is the source my friend.
[/quote
Yeah, the best answer i´ve ever readed¡¡

Nintiendo1Spain said:
Franxis is in a journey. It's possible that you wait some days/week to receive a email of Franxis.

Should I e-mail Chui?

As far as I understand, under the GPL the only action that is really mandatory is sending the source code after a private request from someone that obtained a copy in binary form. There is no need to put the code in some public website or something. I think that the question that tackles with this problem is this one: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesWrittenOfferValid

In this way, Exophase has the right to ask for the Mame4all code in private, and after that he can publish the code in his website.

But the fact is that in the free and open source communities, the normal behavior is that the authors publish the source code in a public location, and in this way there is no need of any private request. I support this approach, and then I kindly ask to the Mame4all authors to put their code in a public website, even if I think that they are not really committed to this.

juanvvc said:
As far as I understand, under the GPL the only action that is really mandatory is sending the source code after a private request from someone that obtained a copy in binary form. There is no need to put the code in some public website or something. I think that the question that tackles with this problem is this one: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesWrittenOfferValid

In this way, Exophase has the right to ask for the Mame4all code in private, and after that he can publish the code in his website.

But the fact is that in the free and open source communities, the normal behavior is that the authors publish the source code in a public location, and in this way there is no need of any private request. I support this approach, and then I kindly ask to the Mame4all authors to put their code in a public website, even if I think that they are not really committed to this.

Ehh, you mean Pcsx4All?

BTW. It is out of question that he has the right to do so. It is IMHO questionable if the way he chooses was the best choice...

Exophase said:
Nintiendo1Spain said:
Franxis is in a journey. It's possible that you wait some days/week to receive a email of Franxis.

Should I e-mail Chui?

Just do it:

http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/

As you can see: Chui offers the source code for all his projects (Exactly as Franxis)...

sbock said:
Just do it:

http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/

As you can see: Chui offers the source code for all his projects (Exactly as Franxis)...

Except Pcsx4all, apparently (for the time being). I did check the site you know.

I don't really get what your problem is. If I didn't ask for the source publicly then all the other people who want to see it wouldn't have gotten it. I explain the GPL's requirements because they may not have understood them, kinda like how a lot of people here don't understand them (and I don't blame them, GPL is confusing and the license text is full of preachy pretentious philosophical nonsense before you even get to the terms of the license itself)

As a gp32spain member I am finding some people in this place very hostile towards non-pandora lovers. You should relax and wait for franxis to release the code. This is amateur coding, not everyone has the time to release everything properly, it happened before with lots of coders and most of them released the final product's code when it was cleaned up.

Regarding to pandora, most people is focused on gph consoles because they are more widespread than pandora/dingoo even if you try to hide that. Gp32spain contest wasm't even properly announced on this open source entertainment forum, which is a shame.

Xabier said:
As a gp32spain member I am finding some people in this place very hostile towards non-pandora lovers. You should relax and wait for franxis to release the code. This is amateur coding, not everyone has the time to release everything properly, it happened before with lots of coders and most of them released the final product's code when it was cleaned up.

Regarding to pandora, most people is focused on gph consoles because they are more widespread than pandora/dingoo even if you try to hide that.

Could we please stop those weird WIZ / Caanoo / Pandora-bitchings?

Yes, in Spain more people might be focused on GPH consoles - whereas here the Pandora gets more activity.
Everyone chooses his own favourite system, no need to bitch around.

Gp32spain contest wasm't even properly announced on this open source entertainment forum, which is a shame.

Eh?
There was the Announcement, then an update followed by a reminder and finally there were the results.

How much more coverage would you expect? :eek:

Last edited:
Except Pcsx4all, apparently (for the time being). I did check the site you know.
Then you can also see that neither Chui or Franxis have released PCSX4all on their sites yet. Perhaps they simply are busy with real life stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back