Pedophilia

finty101 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 05:25 PM said:
Kop_007 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 05:22 PM said:
I accept gayness....but it is officially wrong.
Offically wrong? Says who? Christians?
bloody hellI'm with you here finty.
How the fuck is it officially wrong!?
Dude it's your brain when you say "officially wrong" do you mean that's what you think?
Also finty about michael moore I was asking kop_007 not you.
lol didn't think people here wouldn't like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
finty101 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 05:25 PM said:
Kop_007 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 05:22 PM said:
I accept gayness....but it is officially wrong.
Offically wrong? Says who? Christians?
By my religion it is wrong. Sorry, didnt mean it was officially wrong - ie against the law.

I see it as a grey are myself. I'm all for equality.

RoboJoe32 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 04:56 PM said:
How can anyone NOT think that a pedophile is a potential child molestor and abuser?
How can anyone NOT think that people that play violent video are potential serial killers?

The thing is, any person can have sexual fantasies. I can fantasize about having sex with children, I can fantasize about having sex with furniture, I can fantasize about having sex with my own clone. It's something we can do because we have our fantasy. You can fantasize about anything - in your fantasy, you are absolutely free, either for good or bad.
Now it might be that men prefer younger sex partners, maybe it's genetics, I don't know. I don't care. But that doesn't make us all teenage rapists.

I am not entirely sure where the line is. I think it is fourteen in Germany - I think at the age of fourteen you are officially allowed to have consensual sex. Are men who want to have sex with a fourteen-year-old sick?

Pedophilia is a sexual attraction of an adult towards a child or teenager as translated from my dictionary. Children more often than not can not evaluate the impact of their decision. Even if they DECIDE they want to have sex with someone, it could very well be a bad decision. But the pedophile, well, I'm not sure if pedophilia is sicker than a bondage fetish or something like that. Nobody thinks people with a bondage fetish run around tying people up. I really want the Razheem miniature, but I can't buy it anywhere. I know someone who has one - does that make me a potential thief? I am convinced that people can be pedophile all their life without molesting a single child in reality. If they do however, the law should be applied after consideration - why did this person do it etc. Just like you would do with any other crime. You might see that I praise the law - I think law is important. It is one thing that sets us apart from the animals.

Ah, whatever. Nobody's gonna read it because my post is far too long :D

Mosch posted on Aug 11 2004 at 05:53 PM said:
Ah, whatever. Nobody's gonna read it because my post is far too long :D
You said it sister.

EDIT: This thread has been really enlightening to me, I learnt some stuff I didn't know before.

finty101 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 06:05 PM said:
kknd_cf posted on Aug 11 2004 at 04:48 PM said:
Read "Stupid White Men" by Michael Moore. It may just change your mind.
I did. I hated it.

But even in the states in america where there is no death penalty, you can be put inside for the rest of your life, this is another thing I dont agree with.
Some states have the death penalty, some don't.

And Kop, you're a Christian, but say people should be totured?

And you say Micheal Moore's a hypocrit.

RoboJoe32 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 03:45 PM said:
I bet you didn't see the PMs from that guy mocking how my friend died due to drugs did ya Rico old buddy? over 3 in a row?

I thought not.

I love how you didn't copy his posts in which I replied to either...

Get the whole story before makeing me look like a meaningless asshole.

Don't like my post? Mod it and put something in it's place. It's that simple. I get the hint and stop. Doing that? isn't gonna do it.
Oh excuse me, but why do I have to copy that guys posts? My points still stand:

1. You were narrow-minded
2. You react strongly to things you disagree with.

Your post, that I quoted, was ridiculously over the top. Even if you got PMs from that guy perhaps you should have similarly replied in PM, then I wouldn't have some leverage for my argument. But you did and I can demonstrate that you tend to get angry instead of looking at the facts. You are taking a hard line, a quite traditional one that I'm tired of hearing from virtually all of the mainstream media who treat pedophilia MUCH WORSE than it should be ranked, and by which I mean mere possession of some pictures, not going out and raping kids.

If I don't like your post, I'm obviously not going to edit it. It's pretty discouraging if you actually think I disagree with free speech - this is a controversial thread, and I personally split it off and contributed to it. I'm not against free speech at all, and therefore would NEVER edit something like that. People posting rom links or advertising? I might, to teach them a lesson. Something I merely disagree with won't get touched.

Now for a seperate issue (so I split it up):

I think I said, when 'blaming' pedophilia on the genes, that it could apply to any crime. So finally someone takes me up on that point, or rather repeats it. Yes, it can apply to anything.

Problem is, if it is genetic, how do you propose to stop it. Lock them up? Then you're locking up a fixed % of the population. Kill them? That WOULD work. Prevent them from reproducing and your kids will be safe to play outside. That's what those lynch mobs, if they had their way, would get. That's why, I suspect, we lock these guys up for many, many years. To prevent them from breeding.

Unfortunately we are not puppetmasters of the Universe, and as such SHOULDN'T be able to 'kill off' people we don't like. You can probably think of a few people who have tried that before. So pedophilia is, bluntly, here to stay. Punishing people isn't going to stop it from happening. All we can do is put societal pressure on them to stop their acts even if they have an urge to do so.

Which is why, if there is an urge that might not be stoppable, I propose mental treatment. Because simply enough it will curb any desire to molest a child. It's proven, quite effective. Hopefully you can see why I don't think jail will work as anything more than a deterrent, a scare factor. And we all know how well that worked during the poverty-stricken times hundreds of years ago in the UK, where people stole food anyway because they needed it, and the jails ended up filling up so much that we started colonies in Australia.

Mark posted on Aug 11 2004 at 06:13 PM said:
I did. I hated it.

But even in the states in america where there is no death penalty, you can be put inside for the rest of your life, this is another thing I dont agree with.

Aye, it might seem like that, HOWEVER:

The bible, like any other good book, is full of loopholes, like I said before, 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'. The torture should be proportionate to the crime.

Doesnt change the fact that Michael Moore is a big hypocrite.

Rico posted on Aug 11 2004 at 06:30 PM said:
Unfortunately we are not puppetmasters of the Universe, and as such SHOULDN'T be able to 'kill off' people we don't like. You can probably think of a few people who have tried that before. So pedophilia is, bluntly, here to stay. Punishing people isn't going to stop it from happening. All we can do is put societal pressure on them to stop their acts even if they have an urge to do so.
Slighly diversifying the topic:

Good points Rico, especially about the prisons - did you know that the government has now put a limit on the number of people that can be in Prison at any one time?

I find this disgraceful.

Even more off topic:

'puppetmasters of the universe' - when we (as in the Human race) discovered DNA, we in effect became puppetmasters, we have the ability to take and also give life (both naturally and artificially). We all know what the Nazis did was wrong, but with capital punishment, we are not talking about killing people because of the colour of their skin or their religious beliefs, we are talking about ending the life and protecting others from individuals who sommit seriously heinous crimes.

The Death penalty works as a deterrant and a protection device.

Kop_007 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 09:42 PM said:
The bible, like any other good book, is full of loopholes, like I said before, 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'. The torture should be proportionate to the crime.
Matt. 5:38, 39 - you can find it eg. at http://www.htmlbible.com/kjv30/B40C005.htm
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

it's actually a call to _dismiss_ that old rite.. I agree that this "new" rule isn't particularily helpful either, but "eye for an eye" is definitely outdated within christianity.

Kop_007 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 07:42 PM said:
Mark posted on Aug 11 2004 at 06:13 PM said:
I did. I hated it.

Aye, it might seem like that, HOWEVER:

Doesnt change the fact that Michael Moore is a big hypocrite.
loopholes

what the fuck, LAW is about loop holes, religion is about what you believe, not finding your way around something so you can save your faith

Kop_007 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 07:50 PM said:
'puppetmasters of the universe' - when we (as in the Human race) discovered DNA, we in effect became puppetmasters, we have the ability to take and also give life (both naturally and artificially). We all know what the Nazis did was wrong, but with capital punishment, we are not talking about killing people because of the colour of their skin or their religious beliefs, we are talking about ending the life and protecting others from individuals who sommit seriously heinous crimes.
Well, you show complete ignorance of what I am trying to say. Killing someone because they have a sexual fetish towards children is IDENTICAL to killing someone because they are black or because they came from a Jewish family. All three of those are predetermined and out of the person's control.

They are also harmless. Once the pedophile commits an act he his harming society, and therefore 'protection' might be handy, but ending the life isn't the way. We don't kill fat people to stop an obesity epidemic. We educate them. Killing is the easy solution and shows complete disrespect for human life.

Rico posted on Aug 11 2004 at 08:55 PM said:
Kop_007 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 07:50 PM said:
Well, you show complete ignorance of what I am trying to say. Killing someone because they have a sexual fetish towards children is IDENTICAL to killing someone because they are black or because they came from a Jewish family. All three of those are predetermined and out of the person's control.

They are also harmless. Once the pedophile commits an act he his harming society, and therefore 'protection' might be handy, but ending the life isn't the way. We don't kill fat people to stop an obesity epidemic. We educate them. Killing is the easy solution and shows complete disrespect for human life.
What?! Having a sexual fetish towards children is out of a person's control?

That really doesnt seem right. RoboJoe32 said it best.

You simply cant compare being black or Jewish to being a paedophile. That, my friend, shows complete ignorance to the world around you.

Killing someone because they comitted a crime and killing someone because of their race is certainly not the same thing.

We dont kill fat peope because they are fat? Hmm. Last time I checked, being obese was NOT a crime. I dont even know how you can equate the two.

Kop_007 posted on Aug 12 2004 at 12:22 AM said:
We dont kill fat peope because they are fat? Hmm. Last time I checked, being obese was NOT a crime. I dont even know how you can equate the two.
last I checked, being a pedophile wasn't a crime either, being a child molester otoh was.. maybe that changed in the meantime, but I doubt it.

mattmagoo posted on Aug 11 2004 at 08:25 PM said:
finty101 posted on Aug 11 2004 at 08:23 PM said:
craigix posted on Aug 11 2004 at 08:13 PM said:
Brasseye!
That was funny, had everyone in my town up in arms!
only way to watch it now is on an extremely hard to find DVD
Really? I bought it in HMV.

Oh, and capital punishment is sick and wrong.

Back