Personal milestones topic

Wow thats awesome, how long did that take to build?

Well, it took 10 Years to finish it at least. :D I started somewhere in 2000 or so but after this I didn't continue until 2010. Pure Building Time I would say 1 Year or so, maybe more, I really havn't counted this.

Most time I spent to cut out these tiny little paper pieces because I used the original Studio Model from Empire Strikes Back as base. But this Model was 2.60m long, my Model is only 0.53m long which makes itz hard to keep the details. I had to use Paper and cartboard because I have no clue how to handle plastic. ^^"

Some more pics:

When I was 14 , I was lucky enough to win a regional Colecovision championship , then the State championship and finally the Australian Colecovision Championship which was televised on a current affair program called Terry Willisee Tonight (TWT). I was supposed to fly to New York for the World Colecovision championship but then the 80's video game crash happened and it all fell through.

Probably the second most embarrassing video I have been in, at least I didnt come across as bad as the guy who wore a gold cape and claimed to be Australia's first video games Super Hero.

For the Aussies on this forum, see if you can guess where in Sydney the comp was filmed

https://www.youtube.com/embed/T1B12BHrycY?feature=oembed

Me? I just went to NY Comic Con! It was my first.
Awesome! Did you see the booth set up by the 100,000 Strong for Bringing Back MegaMan Legends 3/GetMeOffTheMoon movement?
grin.gif

No, I didn't, they had a booth?!

It was SO INSANELY CROWDED, I'm hoping E3 will be better. It was an epic experience nonetheless.

When I was 14 , I was lucky enough to win a regional Colecovision championship , then the State championship and finally the Australian Colecovision Championship which was televised on a current affair program called Terry Willisee Tonight (TWT). I was supposed to fly to New York for the World Colecovision championship but then the 80's video game crash happened and it all fell through.

Probably the second most embarrassing video I have been in, at least I didnt come across as bad as the guy who wore a gold cape and claimed to be Australia's first video games Super Hero.

For the Aussies on this forum, see if you can guess where in Sydney the comp was filmed

https://www.youtube.com/embed/T1B12BHrycY?feature=oembed

heehe very cool :D

No, I didn't, they had a booth?!
Yep - they were apparently giving out bumper stickers and badges ("buttons" for you weird folks who call badges that ;) ), got two interviews with Capcom USA, and did a peaceful march to Capcom's booth on the final day, in order to present a book containing stories and anecdotes from fans about their reactions to the announcement of MegaMan Legends 3 last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa! I was there on Sunday by Capcom's booth, I must have missed that.

my only achievement/milestone completed to date was swimming 500 lengths (10,000m) of a lido in just over 4 hours. If you do the maths that's consistently quick as fuck if i do say so myself, also i was really really young at the time which is what made it extra impressive at the time.

Other than that my life's been a bit of a fail up to this point

Being part of President's Obama's Inauguration Parade and running a marathon (Bataan Memorial Death March) was one of my biggest achievements.

Nothing to speak of recently. I don't really do anything interesting, lol.

Latest ones: Getting my master's degree, landing a new job (I start in a couple of weeks), getting wars-gamenode to 1.0.

Getting Dance Central 2 in the mail in exchange for a review. That feels epic.

Aside from Pandora stuff..

Having twins and so far so good, woowoo :) I'm on the 'up until 2-3am' shift then my wife takes over so I get 5-5.5 hours sleep before work. And 5 hous is plenty (my first kid only let me get maybe 2 hours a night.. Now that was hell !) .. So wireless headphones and pandora and xbox streaming video from NAS.. Watching lots of movies and TV while feeding the babies allevening/night.. And now working on minimenu some more, speeding up Pandora and minimenu boot times..

Watching Farscape, Buffy, Babylon 5, Sopranos, Castle.. Damn, thats a lot :0

Jeffphonefried

in january this year i became a senior master technician for ford motor company and i just got married. not too shabby.

For me it would be overcoming addiction, clearing the massive credit card debt I incurred during that time... Then saving up for my Cintiq 12wx graphics tablet. Nothing else exciting since then, except perhaps completely removing any codependant tendencies within myself.

My next goal is to publish a children's book... And to save up for a piece of land upon which I can build a little cottage far away from human society.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Back