PGS Windows 10 gaming handheld - GPD WIN competitor

Hey, this thread is still active? Awesome! Outside of the "(bad)joke appreciation corner", this thread has brought me the most laughs. Where do I start? Looks like their Facebook page has been taken down or moved - that link don't work no mo'. I love what little info they have given....it's a good read. I haven't had that many chuckles in a while. I can't believe that after getting booted by Kickstarter, that they'd somehow be able to extract $800,000 from some other rube's wallets. It's unfathomable.
upload-e3ecac90-ce90-11e6-b236-c7a55f719be0.png

upload-e3ecac90-ce90-11e6-b236-c7a55f719be0.png

Just look at one of their most recent photos. Built by gamers for gamers? Truly? How can you play games on such a device where your thumbs are smushing against the swivel/base of the screen? Luckily, like all of their other "design changes" - these are just renders and will never see the light of day. Come on PGS, you can deceive us better than that.

i would have bought one except that they used broken d-pad buttons instead of a full cross (one solid button).
and the fact that it's trying to do too many things at once. and that it's windows... and that it's vaporware at best, scamware more likely...
does that turn anyone else away from a gadget?

^^^ That's hilarious. Not that your preference(s) aren't right, but that it would hinder you from buying the end-all-be-all of handheld units. It slices, it dices... who knows what it will do next? Send them an email/post and they'll put it in a feature just for you. I'd mention ditching the broken d-pad button thingie for a solid cross button.*

*I also agree with you. My PSP and Pandora are like that and it does make a difference to me as well.

That number could be bullshit in hopes that they can squeeze a bit more out of the people that haven't fallen for it already. If people really did send them that much then I guess I should get in on that racket. Anyone want to help me put together a fundraising scampaign?

only if we can call it a scamraising funpaign in our internal logs. you know, to confuse the hackers.

(or fundpaign, not sure which i prefer.)

How about funpain? If that isn't already a term, it needs to be (but maybe unrelated to scampaigns).
[doublepost=1484873567,1484873505][/doublepost]Fundpain is another interesting one.

that's possibly what ED is experiencing. (fundpain, of course, though, maybe also funpain.)

that's possibly what ED is experiencing. (fundpain, of course, though, maybe also funpain.)

Whoa. This suddenly went dark and weird. So what you're saying is that ED is german and he's into funpain? I'm not willing to go there. Nope.

Funpain is not the same as masochism in my mind. Funpain would be something like playing a video game that you know will kick your ass, or almost like scratching an itch that hurts when you scratch it.

playing a video game that you know will kick your ass, or almost like scratching an itch that hurts when you scratch it.
These also fall under masochism: deriving pleasure from pain or humiliation.

Back in my day we called it "enjoying a challenge". I guess we are all just masochists.

Back in my day we called it "enjoying a challenge". I guess we are all just masochists.
If you enjoy losing, then yes, that matches the definition of masochism.
However, most people don't enjoy losing, they enjoy winning against a difficult opponent, which is what I think you were trying to get to.

Yeah, pretty much knowing you will lose, but trying anyway. A good example of the other end of the spectrum was on ST:TNG when Riker wanted to challenge the champion of a game I forgot the name of. He knew he wouldn't win, but he wanted to play against the guy anyway. Riker didn't strike me as the masochist type. (I can probably provide a video showing that scene.)

Riker didn't strike me as the masochist type.
You say that as if masochism needs to be something that's always on and applies to everything across the board.
If you enjoy getting beaten at a game but not by a whip that's still defined as masochism, it's just different. Masochism isn't even defined as sexual pleasure, it's literally just any sort of "pain" that you enjoy.

Back