Picture Of The Final Keymat?

A bunch of shiny lights is annoying anyways. I actually put tape over the power light on my psp because it annoyed me. I don't know why the heck people would want MORE annoying little lights.
I'll never understand LED mods

you guys are all going at this the wrong way.

night-vision goggles are the way to go.

Yigguth said:
A bunch of shiny lights is annoying anyways. I actually put tape over the power light on my psp because it annoyed me. I don't know why the heck people would want MORE annoying little lights.
I'll never understand LED mods

Maybe they just want it to feel like Christmas every day? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The HP laptop I had had a tiny LED light on a flap mounted next to the webcam. The first time I saw it, I couldn't see what the point of such an underpowered light that can't be moved. But as it turns out, if it's actually dark enough that you can't see the keys, that little lamp was enough so you could see the keys.

Here's an image of it: http://prohardver.hu/dl/cnt/2009-06/46854/pic/hp_elitebook_6930p_lamp.jpg

Mind you, to fit that in a pandora lid would be a mod-and-a half I reckon.

Those little lid lights are splendid, they are on a lot of tools such as industrial drills.

Amazing how much light they give off for a tiny led.

I'd recommended that as a good, simple approach.

XD, i thought you were talking about the security LED mounted on the later webcams, on the purpose to alert the use of the webcam on the fight against spyware

going back to the topic, i would mount the leds since theres a PWM control so activate it when you want it and shut it off when not, just that simple, but that mod would be more towards the good looking instead of being usefull.

something that can be done for less than 2-3USD, why not?

or maybe using it as an Extra peripheral linked to a "new ______ in your RSSFeed/News/Post/Board/Mail/..."

Back