Pikidoo Release 1

kouky

Website
www.caou.org
Following our previous releases of Video Mix softwares on Game Boy Advance, GP2X and Playstation 2,
welcome to Pikidoo: a software to mix live visuals on Dingoo A320.
So far, it's just a quick port from Pikix (GP2X).

pikidoo-LPM-roma.jpg

Get it from pikilipita.com!

Yeah, a dingux port would be cool, though no problems with native, it´s TV-Out is easier and more reliable (imagine you´re holding a show and your Dingoo crashes...). A list of features and keycombos would be great, though i found quite a few by accident. Are effects like mirror implemented already?
It´s a cool addition to the Dingoo, thanks a lot! Btw, how did your Dingoo disappoint you? ^^

Oh yeah, I forgot to add controls infos.

They are now added to the software page:
My linkhttp://pikilipita.com/vj/pikidoo/index.html

No, no Dingux version planned, I prefer to produce softwares which work just "out of the box".
And also, there is the TV-out issue with Dingux, I don't know if it's available on Dingux.

Why I've been disapointed by the Dingoo?

Because the internal OS is soo bad:

- it uses about 15Mo of memory, that's half the RAM of the device. Well, it's just a guess from personal experience:
If you allocate more than 15Mo in a app, the Dingoo just freezes. Then if you don't have a pin to reset the Dingoo, you're f*cked!

- pressing X a few second quits any app, and you can't disable that behavior, it's so stupid!

- If you don't reboot the Dingoo after connecting it to your PC for file transferts, then even less than 15Mo remains available for apps.

I'm now considering Nokia devices and the Caanoo for future experiments...

kouky said:
- pressing X a few second quits any app, and you can't disable that behavior, it's so stupid!

This is something you support explicitily. The OS sends an event on holding X which you read with the function _sys_judge_event(NULL). If you don't want to quit on holding X, just ignore the value received.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, the native OS has it´s quirks, but don´t forget you´re dealing with an 80$ device. :)
That´s why Dingux was made, and it has evolved quite a lot. TV-Out is available too, with some minor quirks: http://boards.dingoo...lopment/tv-out/
Noticed the X-button bug, never seen it in an other app, thought it was a feature. ^^
Hope you implement more cool stuff, seeing some shows done with the GP2X made me a bit envious...

Back