Playstation Emulation

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
----
UPDATE May 10th, 2008:
I posted some quick low quality videos of psx4pandora running games such as Final Fantasy 7, Wipeout 1, and Einhander at 600MHz:
http://ca.youtube.com/user/zodttd

More videos with higher quality (and hopefully sound too!) are on their way soon. But I figured just in case I can't get the new video cam to work tommorow, at least this is something. :)

I should make some videos of things running at 900MHz or so too. More to do...I better get back to work. :)
----

What are some of the slowest running games tested on psx4gp2x? I need some examples, so list them if you can.
I was thinking of Castlevania SOTN.
Final Fantasy 7... too fast.

Back to work I go. Thanks...
ZodTTD

The game that i remember UNBEARABLY SLOW on the 2x was Gran Turismo 2

Soul Blade was also ridiculously slow but not nearly as much as GT2

The original Ridge Racer? I remember hearing it is the worst game (programming wise) made for the Play Station.

Yeah, Ridge Racer, TOCA, and GTA1 all run, but run way too slow. Nice to see linkage from zodttd.com to openpandora.org! Thats quite a popular website and is sure to help spread the word!

Hi Prophet. Hi everyone. :)

GTA1 is a good one too. Wipeout 1 and FF7 ran midrange out of psx4gp2x compatible games.

yodaofborg: Lots more Pandora news to come via zodttd.com. :)

??? you got the pandora 3 days ago... surprised i didn't see that until now.

Edit: Zod, for some reason when i open a new tab by hitting the center mouse scroller on your site it opens a tab but also opens the tabbed site in the current window.

If you run out of speedtests you should try Gauntlet Legends, i have never tried it on the gp2x but it runs at half speed even on epsxe with fairly recent hardware.

Do you have any pics of it you could post? that would be great to see a little preview of an actual pandora!

sm1988 said:
Do you have any pics of it you could post? that would be great to see a little preview of an actual pandora!
I don't think he has an actual Pandora, but rather one of those OMAP devboards like Squidge showed us a couple of times already. I'm not sure if craigx got around to shipping the new Pandora boards all over yet :)

For the current state-of-the-art Pandora, check out MWeston's videos :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinnus said:
sm1988 said:
I don't think he has an actual Pandora, but rather one of those OMAP devboards like Squidge showed us a couple of times already. I'm not sure if craigx got around to shipping the new Pandora boards all over yet :)

For the current state-of-the-art Pandora, check out MWeston's videos :)

Aaah thanks for the info, I need to get on the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh. Don't take my word on it though, it's just an assumption judging by the state of things. Might be completely wrong, but then again we do have good videos of both dev boards and Pandora boards alike. I don't think anyone has cases yet, so Devs would mainly be getting the same thing as MWeston has at the moment anyway.

collin mcrae rally.. works on the gp2x but slooooooooow... :)

Does the pandora version also include compatibility updates?

I've been working a lot on psx4all recently. Compatibility is higher, and just recently I now have proper loading of games through the BIOS. It now shows the Sony Playstation splash screen for instance. I also have the option to load a game without the BIOS.

Compatibility will be my main focus it seems.

Back