Pandora PNDManager

It's been a while since I used PNDManager myself (haven't been using my pandora recently), so no personal experience. PNDManager indeed does IIRC show local PNDs as well. Somehow the case sounds like a newly added PND is causing the issues. I wonder if the repo JSON could provide some insight? I hope this gets solved on the repo side as building the PNDManager PND is a bit involved and I'm not certain I still have all the bits and pieces :$

Wait that still means i could have broken it by uploading my pnd....

The Pandora is overflowing with contents !!

By the way, the other day while searching for older consoles I found this list, that contains also the OpenPandora.

It tells that it has 105 games... I lolled !!

https://www.uvlist.net/platforms/

PNDManager hasn't been able to update any of my PNDs for years now. I've since pretty much stopped using my Pandora and I had been doing manual updates for a while when I did.

PNDManager hasn't been able to update any of my PNDs for years now. I've since pretty much stopped using my Pandora and I had been doing manual updates for a while when I did.
odd for me until just a few weeks ago, it has worked fine.

Edit: I cleared out the libpndman folders on both my SD cards and then synced it, while it did seem to update and I could download install a PND, it's still out of sync and shows Ultima 7 as the latest PND. I venture to guess this may be a server side bug? perhaps some bad XML in one of the latest updated PNDs?

Last edited:
Great work @milkshake! I'm glad this was resolved without having to dig through old external hard drives for the magic compilation environment of PNDManager that bundles the correct Qt and everything.

Sorry for @ZXDunny's experience though :$

Hi all !

@milkshake : thanks for solving this issue, that's really appreciated :)

@bzar : would you consider open sourcing / gitlab-ing PNDManager ? This way, if you happen to lose interest (if not already) in the Pandora and / or in PNDManager, this great piece of software, a major milestone in our small community IMHO, would not be lost, and maintainers could still add new features, port it to new platforms etc. and you wouldn't have to bother about old HDDs anymore ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Thanks milkshake ! We might not be that many to still use a Pandora and PNDManager, but I appreciate that a lot!

Hi all :)

@bzar : could PNDManager be made to work with DBP packages on the Pyra ?

Cheers, Magic Sam
PNDManager uses qtpndman as a package abstraction, which in turn is a Qt wrapper around libpndman, which handles pretty much all the actual package management tasks. In addition PNDManager uses some parts of pandora-libraries for platform specific stuff.

In order to use PNDManager with DBPs an interface compatible version of qtpndman for DBPs would need to be developed first. Additionally stuff implemented using pandora-libraries would need feature checks or reimplementations for Pyra.

All in all it's not a small amount of work and given Qt has progressed a couple of major versions since then it might be smart to port Panorama- the UI/plugin platform built with Qt that PNDManager runs on -to the more recent Qt first too.

So to answer your question, yes, it could, but offhand it's probably over a hundred hours of work. If someone wants to attempt it I can try to answer any questions in a reasonable timeframe, but I have no such time myself these days. I tried working on funkeymonkey (a vastly smaller project) more actively a few months back, but ran into scheduling issues there as well. Maybe once my family life has stabilized a bit I can try again :D

Back