Pocketsnes 6.4.3

CODE

streak, no tienes permiso para acceder a esta página. Esto podría deberse a varias razones:
Tu cuenta de usuario no tiene privilegios para acceder a esta página. Estás intentando editar el post de otro usuario o usar funciones de administración?
Si estás intentando postear, el administrador puede haber desactivado tu cuenta, o quizá estés esperando a activarla.

hmm. whats goin on ?

Maybe someone could put it on rapidshare / gp2x.de ?

Well, the stereo works, but the audio hack causes none of my roms to boot up.

Also, I found a bizarre bug:
I was playing Donkey Kong Country 2 in a loud location, so I turned the sound off in the emulation (since turning it off gains FPS and I couldn't hear the sound anyway). I then made a savestate. However, now, if I enable sound and load the save state, not only does the sound not work, but it locks up. I also tried loading the state, entering a level, and then turning sound back on, and it locks up right then and there. WTF?

Mr. Ksoft said:
Well, the stereo works, but the audio hack causes none of my roms to boot up.

Also, I found a bizarre bug:
I was playing Donkey Kong Country 2 in a loud location, so I turned the sound off in the emulation (since turning it off gains FPS and I couldn't hear the sound anyway). I then made a savestate. However, now, if I enable sound and load the save state, not only does the sound not work, but it locks up. I also tried loading the state, entering a level, and then turning sound back on, and it locks up right then and there. WTF?
Because the FPS increase is gained by not emulating the SPC (The sound chip) in order to play music, sound data is loaded into dedicated SPC RAM. When you have sound emulation off, it ignores these loads, then ewhen you turn it back on, it tries to play sound and junk, but there's nothing in memory, so the emulator goes crazy and dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stereo works, barely. Channel fading is choppy; play Super Metroid to hear what I mean. It's almost unbearable since all the music in Super Metroid uses that effect. Other than that(besides the weird fade-in fade-out Power Beam effect), Super Metroid is completely playable at a great average of 30 FPS!

Megatog615 said:
Stereo works, barely. Channel fading is choppy; play Super Metroid to hear what I mean. It's almost unbearable since all the music in Super Metroid uses that effect. Other than that(besides the weird fade-in fade-out Power Beam effect), Super Metroid is completely playable at a great average of 30 FPS!
Also, Final Fantasy III (U)'s sound is busted, you have to turn sound emulation off in order to run the game.

Hm, I've never noticed that PocketSNES was without Stereo Sound. :lol:

Megatog615 said:
30 FPS at 200MHz?
I've played the entire Game with the last PocketSNES Versions and You had to overclock to 266MHz at least to play Super Metroid nearly fluid. (Still far away from Full-Speed) One of the more complex Games with alot SFX on Screen (Much Transparency and Raster Effects). Still impossible to do equal Movement-Tricks onto the GP2X compared to the Original.

Every time you change one of the new features you must restart the emulator (including sound hack), if you don´t restart you will have problems with the emulator ;)

I've got 60 fps on super metroid with the following settings @ 240mhz:
sound 22100 stereo
sound hack on
every hack on except for ignore layers

In my case i didn't have problems with audio hack and the sound is good even in stereo mode i'm using fw 3.0.

shinra said:
every hack on except for ignore layers
Ignore Add/Sub modes(one of the hacks you said was on) set to on for Super Metroid makes the game unplayable in certain areas(crateria shaft) as the front "clouds" cover everything with no transparency. Turning this hack off reduced my FPS to 23 in this area with 270MHz.

Nice release, cool to have the stereo. Thanks for the good work.

Is there anyway to make it louder though? I have it all of the way up and it is pretty soft, and that is on a F200. Maybe that is just the way the emu works?

Megatog615 said:
Then it looks like a completely different game. What's the point?
well you can play it, see it as an efect quantity of an ordinary pc game; you want more efects? ok but it'll cost you, just like a pc game.

Edit: yes i turn on all except ignore layers that includes objects layer, also I turned on tranparencies what i have is that the rain efects and the blue gloom efect of the begining are not there and similar efects also, it's like if the layer that uses tranparency is gone, still other efects like the eye beam (when you obtain the morph ball) reduces the fps to the values you metion (tranparencies on). in my case i'm not bothered of not playing the game with all the efects it's enough to play it on the go :)

try turning off add/sub also and turning off tranparencies

Thank you very much for this, the stereo sound for Secret of Mana is brilliant, even some of the soundfx seem to sound more true to the original, overall performance is great too :D Looking forward to playing SD-3 with the highres font support :)

Back