Pocketsnes Released

TTTTTAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

I am here. I was just recovering after my heart attack :p

WOW Reesy you came back with a bang on this one. It is great, yes it gets my endorsement. I won't bother with bugs others mentioned it is covered. Plus as a first release it rox! It plays some SNES games better than the PSP SNES emu does :eek:

Castlevania is smooth, full speed and has transparencies. Plus I tested Adams Family II (good speed test) which brings my PSP (which I don't use much anymore, damn ghosting) to a crawl with all of the rasters transparencies etc. Reesy's emu is slightly framey but it is way faster and actually playable :)

Diagonals work fine for me, they work perfect on my D-pad :)

(Dammit, where is 8 gig card compatibility GPH :angry: )

Thanks Reesy for the great work on this, cheers.

ff3 works where it used to crawl along...ff 4 works, zelda,castlevania,metroid etc all run fullspeed for me
just wish super mario rpg would run now lol..also diag directions is not working for me..odd that its working for dave..

Well, Reesy has a Dpad-modded GP2X, so diagonals for him are LEFT+RIGHT not LEFTRIGHT. Platformers and racers work fine though :)

- Alex

I am playing Super Metroid and there is a problem, you need to change the get back to menu to L + R joystick click instead of select I can't select my secondary weapons :blink:

WOW !!! Somone DOES IT !!! I think I start to regret my PSP and my DS :D..

Seriously, GREAT WORK Reesy, on my 240 Mhz '2x, there are a pleiny of game playable !

Thanks you SO MUCH,

paxl13

Can someone else try:

MACROSS SCRAMBLED VALKYRIE

It's an excellent but little known horizontal shooter.

Play until you get to the large ship at the bottom of the screen and the explosions start.

Wow, great news. Now someone please go put up some new YouTube SNES emulation videos to replace those old, slower ones :)

Chiming in here to point out that Reesy ROCKS. Just in case it wasn't on record.

Write it down.

omg...omg...omg...

no...I won't try it...I have to finnish a project so I won't fail the semester...no I won't check it...
screw it, I'm downloading it right now xD

Terrific speed, thanks Reesy.

Looking at the code, it seems that the diagonal buttons are coded in one part of the code, but disabled in another. I think its just an oversight (its not possible to test this bug on a D-Pad). I'd fix it (its annoying), but my dev environment is out of commission.

As for the select button problem, I'd change it so you have to press both volume buttons at the same time (clever, isn't it?).

Back