Pocketsnes V6 Released

Reesy posted on Feb 6 2007 at 10:39 AM said:
Elephant Gun posted on Feb 6 2007 at 02:31 PM said:
Pocket SNES has made the GP2X the ultimate power in the universe.

Everyone should use it!

Not really. You should use PocketSnes if you want to play Pilotwings or any games that use transparencies, otherwise you should use SquidgeSnes because its loads faster.

No need to be so modest, Reesy. DrPocketSnes is seriously awesome. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Volt posted on Feb 6 2007 at 06:04 PM said:
Reesy posted on Feb 6 2007 at 10:39 AM said:
Elephant Gun posted on Feb 6 2007 at 02:31 PM said:
Pocket SNES has made the GP2X the ultimate power in the universe.

Everyone should use it!

Not really. You should use PocketSnes if you want to play Pilotwings or any games that use transparencies, otherwise you should use SquidgeSnes because its loads faster.

No need to be so modest, Reesy. DrPocketSnes is seriously awesome. :)

I really can't take any credit. The emulation code is all by Snes9x team, Yoyofr, Squidge and Notaz. All I've done is stuck a menu on it.

Reesy posted on Feb 6 2007 at 07:25 PM said:
I really can't take any credit. The emulation code is all by Snes9x team, Yoyofr, Squidge and Notaz. All I've done is stuck a menu on it.

And damn it Reesy, that menu sure is cool! :lol:
Keep up the great work mate ;)

You should work in my local Chippy, the menu there is a fucking disgrace!

PokeParadox posted on Feb 6 2007 at 03:19 PM said:
Please someone look at this, preferably Reesy and just gimme some feedback as to why it's not useful or whatever :S

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,1764

Supposed to be sound processing for SNES on the 940... It's been sat in the archive for a good while and I haven't even heard anyone mention anything about it, which kinda bugs me.

Does it play the sound on the 940 too? If not that means, shifting all the stuff across for the 940 to process, and then shifting it all back to play out the speakers. Kinda ruins any performance benefit.

No clue. It's not my code... it was just bugging me that its just been sat there.
I did look over the code when it was first uploaded, but emulator source seems to nothing but scare me :lol: so I couldn't say how useful it actually is.

Squidge posted on Feb 6 2007 at 11:23 PM said:
PokeParadox posted on Feb 6 2007 at 03:19 PM said:
Please someone look at this, preferably Reesy and just gimme some feedback as to why it's not useful or whatever :S

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,1764

Supposed to be sound processing for SNES on the 940... It's been sat in the archive for a good while and I haven't even heard anyone mention anything about it, which kinda bugs me.

Does it play the sound on the 940 too? If not that means, shifting all the stuff across for the 940 to process, and then shifting it all back to play out the speakers. Kinda ruins any performance benefit.

Isn't that how the second core was used for sound in Picodrive? It seemed to give a decent speed-up to that. Or was it used in some other way?

I just wish there was RAR or 7Zip support, that would save space even better on my seemingly tiny 1GB card...

Thanks for the emu, it's really great, I am playing with Chrono Trigger at last! :D
Is there any way to search the roms faster? It's cost me lot of time to reach the bottom if my game list.

cptamorf posted on Feb 6 2007 at 10:54 PM said:
Thanks for the emu, it's really great, I am playing with Chrono Trigger at last! :D
Is there any way to search the roms faster? It's cost me lot of time to reach the bottom if my game list.

Press left or right on the stick.

Blah posted on Feb 7 2007 at 07:08 AM said:
cptamorf posted on Feb 6 2007 at 10:54 PM said:

Press left or right on the stick.

Doh!...

Please remind me how to return to the emulator menu while running a game? I'm doing L+R+In and nothing is happening :blink:

Press Volume +/- in the middle.

I don't believe this was mentioned in the latest readme. It's a very important piece of info!

I was wondering if an option to ignore palette writes could be implemented? I know that it drastically speeds up some games. I know Yoyofr's emu for psp uses it, and it's a big help in speding up some games.

what are the odds of a mode 7 plugin of some kind to play yoshi and Mario RPG?

Can't we just rip the code from snes9x on the PC? After all, most of the code on pocketsnes comes from existing emus.

Elephant Gun posted on Feb 7 2007 at 02:43 PM said:
what are the odds of a mode 7 plugin of some kind to play yoshi and Mario RPG?

Can't we just rip the code from snes9x on the PC? After all, most of the code on pocketsnes comes from existing emus.
Yoshi island use SuperFX 2 chip not mode 7 and yes it can be done to add code from SNes9x but it will be very slow not optimised ;)

Back