Drmd V5 Beta 4 - Squidge-injected Version

Yes I think the black lines are being created as I clear the whole frame buffer ready for the next frame. This could be effecting the DMA that drives the LCD, without caching on the frame buffer I can do this but it looks like I can only clear 1 line at a time with caching on. I'll play around and see if I can clear this up.

I'm also have the occasional lockup when loading a rom that has loaded correctly before, not sure whats causing this I'll try to work it out.

EDIT

Nope just tried only clearing 1 line at a time and it didn't make a difference..oh well.

Hello,

I might seems quite newbie, but when I am running DRMD, it just freezed in the checking directory step. It seems to scan the current directory and current directory\md

Any ideas on what it is happening? The non beta version is working fine.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just tried this and I must say, I'm most impressed with the results. The Squidgehack does seem to make a remarkable difference to the way things work :). The only game (admittedly of the roughly 3 I tried) that showed any signs of lowering framerate was Comix Zone - and I tried that one specifically because it's so incredibly intensive for the MD (used to actually start to look juttery on 5b2; didn't try B3, I must admit).

Just in case it helps, Zodttd says he's managed to get the MMU patch "stable" - which may or may not mean he's eliminated the graphical glitches that are currently turning up, but in any event, here's how he says he did it. I haven't a clue what it means, and Reesy may already be doing it like this, but in any event, better to bring something already known to attention than to not point out something unknown!

For those wondering how I got the mmu patch stable, I can post a simple code snippet. It's pretty ugly, but by looping the two main uname writes until it returns something other than 0 or 0xfffffff2 it will work very smoothly.

Seems to make a difference to Gamegear too. At 60Mhz everything I've tried is 60fps, I think I had to have it at 80 or 90Mhz before.

Please excuse if this has been asked before, but I haven't been around much here ever since the GP2X was released.

Is there any chance the improved multi-console version of DrMD will get backported to GP32? It would be amazing to have GG/SMS/MD all in one, especially since GG doesn't work in the GP32 version of DrSMS.

Also, out of curiosity: does DrMD for GP2X now run games that didn't run on the GP32, like Castlevania Bloodlines? Other games that now work?

:angry: REPEAT

MORTAL KOMBAT 1 DON'T WORK THE COMANDS.

READ ME PLEASE!!!!!!! :angry:

are you gay? guys like you shouldn't even have such a nice piece of hardware in their ugly hands!

RESET THE CONTROLS. REMAP THEM. IF YOU ARE GOING TO ASK QUESTIONS THIS BADLY AND RUDELY IN ENGLISH, THEN PLEASE, USE YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE FOR GODS SAKE. IT WILL MAKE MORE SENSE THAT WAY.

Also just because you write in capitals people aren't going to read it more. In fact, they will ignore your post.

Also, out of curiosity: does DrMD for GP2X now run games that didn't run on the GP32, like Castlevania Bloodlines? Other games that now work?

Bloodlines works on GP2X, although I thought I remembered playing it on the GP32 also...?
So did I, a great game, unfortunatelly it in unfinishable as there is one boss (at the end of the fourth level I think) that does not appear hence cannot be killed. It was stated to be a Cyclone bug.

RESET THE CONTROLS. REMAP THEM. IF YOU ARE GOING TO ASK QUESTIONS THIS BADLY AND RUDELY IN ENGLISH, THEN PLEASE, USE YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE FOR GODS SAKE. IT WILL MAKE MORE SENSE THAT WAY.

Also just because you write in capitals people aren't going to read it more. In fact, they will ignore your post.

OK now i use my language.

SAAM FIGHER i ho gia' provato a settare i comandi e rimappare tutti i pulsanti, ma il gioco in questione non funziona.

Io non so scrivere bene in inglese, ma al contrario vostro cerco di capirvi, voi invece non fate altro che CRITICARE il mio modo di scrivere piu' che cercare di dare risposte.

Una cosa l'ho capita comunque in questo schifo di forum, SIETE DELLE GRANDI TESTE DI CAZZO, su questo adesso non ho piu' dubbi, anzi vi chiedo di cancellarmi da questa MERDA di forum.
:angry:
SIETE GENTE DI MERDA.
VAFFANCULO!!!!

Traducede questo!!!!! :angry:

SAAM FIGHER i ho gia' provato a settare i comandi e rimappare tutti i pulsanti, ma il gioco in questione non funziona.

Io non so scrivere bene in inglese, ma al contrario vostro cerco di capirvi, voi invece non fate altro che CRITICARE il mio modo di scrivere piu' che cercare di dare risposte.

Una cosa l'ho capita comunque in questo schifo di forum, SIETE DELLE GRANDI TESTE DI CAZZO, su questo adesso non ho piu' dubbi, anzi vi chiedo di cancellarmi da questa MERDA di forum.
SIETE GENTE DI MERDA.
VAFFANCULO!!!!

Hey! No need to insult me. I was just asking you to be polite. Except I asked it just as politely as you were asking for help.

Generally you don't translate peoples names as my name may be completely different in a different language.

SIETE GENTE DI MERDA.
VAFFANCULO!!!!

Yes! Quite right! I expect all of the programs written by people in their free time for no guaranteed financial benefit to be perfect! If they aren't, I shall shoot them all! Who's with me? ;)

Everything I've tried seems to be running very nicely at or above 60fps. Kudos to Squidge and Reesy!

I did notice the "stuttery" walking animation in Altered Beast previously reported; it also appears to occur in Golden Axe. I don't see it in games with more complex animation cycles (more than 2 frames), not sure if that's a meaningful symptom or not.

I tried Sonic 2 quickly on this new version. Constant 60 fps. This is great! But like some people, sometimes there are black lines on the left side of the screen, during the "SEGA" logo.

I'm also getting the problems with the horizontal lines flickering at the side of the screen, but the speed increase is fantastic, especially taking into account my GP2x doesn't have a high overclock :)
Is it likely the flickering line issue will be fixable?
I think once that's sorted i'm going to be left with no option but to donate... :)

SIETE GENTE DI MERDA.
VAFFANCULO!!!!

If this forum and we are so shitty, maybe you should just leave. We'll cancel your account in the meantime. Frankly you sound like a little kid who just learned all the new ways to insult someone in Italian.

Always make an attempt at being polite, no matter what language.

I've got everything working now. It all seems to run at 60 FPS so top job! Only niggle is that most of my games now have black stuttering lines at both sides (Like a couple of people have already said). It's only really noticeable in the brighter games though.

Sonic Spinball now plays at a really smooth rate, it had quite a varying framerate before :)

I do find one thing odd though - I tried to save the game, and the music stopped and a toned bleep replaced it instead, which slowly died down and then the game was completely silent - soon as I load the save again it happens again, exactly the same.

The games work fine, but saving seems a bit odd ;)

I have also noticed the black stuttering lines at the sides of the screen on some games.

SIETE GENTE DI MERDA.
VAFFANCULO!!!!

stronzo :)

Back