Drmd V5 Beta 4 - Squidge-injected Version

Thank you for the quick response Reesy. :) The rom name is "Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers (U) [c][!].smd" and is sized 5,243,392 bytes.

Edit: After considering your post, I went and found a utility to convert the rom from .smd to .bin, and it is now the magical 5,242,880 size. The .smd format must have a bigger header or something... at any rate, the .bin version of the file works great!

Reesy posted on Jul 3 2006 at 10:47 PM said:
Actually the max rom size should be 5,242,880 which should be big enough to fit all games, are you having problems loading something? I tend to pre-allocate the maximum amount of memory I need when I write code, which is why you will always see limits in my emulators. Let me know the exact rom name you are trying to load and I'll try it as well and see if I get the same problem.

Epicenter posted on Jul 3 2006 at 09:52 PM said:
devestation posted on Jul 3 2006 at 08:47 AM said:
I do find one thing odd though - I tried to save the game, and the music stopped and a toned bleep replaced it instead, which slowly died down and then the game was completely silent - soon as I load the save again it happens again, exactly the same.

The games work fine, but saving seems a bit odd ;)

I have noticed this too. Everytime I try to make a savestate in the Sonic 2 level select screen (I am such a cheater :p ), I get the exact same problem.

This sounds like the Z80 crashing. Alternatively, maybe just the YM2612. Are their states being saved along with the 68000?

Yes everything should be saved in the save state but maybe I've missed something.

Last edited by a moderator:
@duderoo: Ahh well spotted, I completely forgot about the headers. I'll increase the max rom size a little to get around this problem in the future.

Reesy: I recall there was something about how often something was handled in regards to FM that was a speedup measure, but made FM sound pretty bad-- e.g. the destroyed sonar sound in the Ecco games and a lot of other things. Now that speed is so good, any chance of improving that or making it a setting?

Also any chance of that M68000 clock control if you don't mind me asking? :) Keep up the great work!

Yes I think I have identified the problem. I'll be adding a menu option to enable a more accurate sound mode as it requires a little more horse power.

Back