[poll] Vote For Nulldc Dreamcast Emulator On Pandora!

Do you want to see the nullDC Dreamcast emulator on the pandora?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No! - I just dont want it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! - I don''t think its possible / reasonable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear you two excited at this stage in the game, hope you will be when its 2am in the morning 6 months down the line and you struggling to get squeeze a few more fps from somewhere!

btw do you have a blog or website that you will update to let us all know how the Pandora/beagleboard port is progressing?

Yes please show Crazy Taxi running when you get to that stage, I was impressed with the CT on PSP video which is what I'm basing my hopes of playable speeds on Pandora, bring on Speed Devils (yeah i was the only mug to buy it!)

Someone said it would be great to play GD-ROMS without the annoying drive noise, even if you get the games running, where does it leave the game loading times, at a guess would the extra ram in the Pandora help (128MB-256MB) i've seen some videos and its states you have taken out 20-30 mins of loading time?

Lastly, is there a game in particular that you base your efforts around i.e N64 emulators base it around Mario64, Megadrive Sonic 1 etc, would it be Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure or none of the above?!

I'm not getting any hopes up whatsoever with this emulator as I never thought it possible, so anything playable is a massive bonus even with spectrum loading times!

I like many others might not donate now but when/if there's a first playable build i will for sure adding to the pot.

Last edited by a moderator:
'drkIIRaziel' said:
Also note that wince (yes, the microsoft OS) based games won't run.That includes Sega Rally 2, Tomb raider, Half Life and a few others.These games require full mmu emulations and we don't plan to add it.
There were Dreamcast games that used WinCE!? :blink:

I've preordered my Pandora together with "Pandora Developer Fund" and I think nullDC is the kind of project which should be supported by this fund by sending pandora devboard (or even final pandora) to the nullDC team at least.

EDIT:
My "wanna see running" game list in no order:

Chu chu rocket
Jet set radio
Shenmue
Rez
Space channel 5 part 2
Crazy taxi
Soul calibur
Powerstone (1 or 2)
Skyes of Arcadia

'arrrgh' said:
'drkIIRaziel' said:
Also note that wince (yes, the microsoft OS) based games won't run.That includes Sega Rally 2, Tomb raider, Half Life and a few others.These games require full mmu emulations and we don't plan to add it.

The Dreamcast used some kind of a modified version of WinCE as far as I know.

Hey guys - $30 on its way...may do more if you show more vids and get me really excited! Good luck! :)

'fischju2000' said:
Ah, that's good to hear. I guess myself and people here were under the impression that their hadn't been much if any coding for ARM yet. Would it be possible to clock the SGX up to 110mhz to see how it affects the FPS?
Yeah, there hasn't.PSP side had even less psp specific work (but i did have to re-work some parts so that it'l work with lower mem requirements).

'arrrgh' said:
'drkIIRaziel' said:

Here's a list (taken form http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43804)
4x4 Evolution
Apricot (T37910M)
Armada (T40301N 00)
Atari Anniversary Edition (T15130N)
Caesars Palace 2000 (T-12504N)
Championship Surfer (T41403N)
Densha de Go 2 (jp)
Ducati World (T-8113N)
Get!! Colonies (jp)
Hidden and Dangerous (T-40502-N)
Hundred Swords (HDR-0124)
Jimmy Whites Snooker 2 (eu)
KISS Psycho Circus (T41901N)
Kitahei Gold (T39801M)
Maximum Pool
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Vol. 1 (T-9713N)
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits Vol. 2 (T-9714N)
Miss Moonlight (T18702M)
NFL Quarterback Club 2001 (T-8115N)
Nightmare Creatures II (T9504M)
Puzzle Bobble 4 (aka Bust-A-Move 4
Railroad Tycoon II (T41902N)
Rainbow Six (T40401N)
Resident Evil 2 (T7004D 50)
Rogue Spear|Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rouge Spear
Rune Jade (T14304M)
Sega Rally 2 (MK-5101950, HDR0010)
South Park: Chefs Luv Shack
Space Griffon|Space Griffon VF-9 (T39601M) (jp)
Space Griffon|Space Griffon Blue Steel: Variable Formula (jp)
Spirit of Speed 1937
Starlancer
Super Producers (T14303M)
Super Robot Wars Alpha (jp)
Super Runabout (T22101M)
Super Runabout|Super Runabout: San Francisco Edition
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Tomb Raider Chronicles (T36815D05)
Tomb Raider The Last Revelation (T-36806N, T36804D05)
Virtua Cop 2
White Illumination (T14301M)
Who Wants To Beat Up A Millionaire
Wild Metal (T40501D-50)
World Neverland 2|World Neverland 2 Plus: The Waktic Republic of Pluto (jp)
World Neverland Plus|World Neverland Plus: The Olerud Kingdom Stories (jp)
Worms Armageddon
Worms World Party
Yuki Gatari (T37909M)

- Other: -
Half-Life (Bootleg)
QuakeDC (Titanium Studios, Freeware)
Defense Commander (Titanium Studios, Freeware)
PBA Bowling (Bootleg)
Retro Sonic (Freeware)
GypPlay (Freeware
BoobPlay (Freeware
Sintendo (Freeware)
Gleam (Freeware)

hmm... some interesting things in the wince-list, but no really important titles.

'drkIIRaziel' said:
Pandora has a MMU unlike PSP, so it should be possible to "virtualize" DC MMU. But it shouldn't be a priority for now, because a kernel module might be necessary to handle memory mappings and exceptions accurately and efficiently.

'ZeZu' said:
We will support them on the second analog as left / right if you'd like , or if someone comes up with a mod: we'll add support !
Yay!

Thanks guys!

'drkIIRaziel' said:
Ah that's too bad. Does Daytona 2001 come into this category?

'hlide' said:
'drkIIRaziel' said:
Also note that wince (yes, the microsoft OS) based games won''t run.That includes Sega Rally 2, Tomb raider, Half Life and a few others.These games require full mmu emulations and we don''t plan to add it.
Pandora has a MMU unlike PSP, so it should be possible to "virtualize" DC MMU. But it shouldn't be a priority for now, because a kernel module might be necessary to handle memory mappings and exceptions accurately and efficiently.

You'd need > 4GB of usable address space for that to work reliably though, and yes, something like WinCE would span the whole thing.

With full kernel access you can work out some tricks most likely .. but i don't really think its worth.MMU translation isn't the only problem .. And most of the wince games have varius performance/quality issues so meh :p

'Exophase' said:
'hlide' said:
'drkIIRaziel' said:
Also note that wince (yes, the microsoft OS) based games won''''t run.That includes Sega Rally 2, Tomb raider, Half Life and a few others.These games require full mmu emulations and we don''''t plan to add it.

You'd need > 4GB of usable address space for that to work reliably though, and yes, something like WinCE would span the whole thing.

Yes, you're right, I forgot this point : a virtual space would be always 4 Gb even if physical memory is very low, especially if we emulate each bit of WinCE per instruction :/. No wonder there is no plan for it.

'drkIIRaziel' said:
With full kernel access you can work out some tricks most likely .. but i don't really think its worth.MMU translation isn't the only problem .. And most of the wince games have varius performance/quality issues so meh :p
if sigaction allows you to resume a faulty instruction or a faulty page access after you fix the issue, so a kernel module should not be necessary.

'WizardStan' said:
'Spirit' said:
The poll misses the option "I don't care.".
No it didn't. The "I don't care option" is linked directly to the Back button of your browser. Just click that, safe in the knowledge that you don't have to worry whether anyone cares or not.

Right, one more vote for "No! - I just dont want it" then.

I dont understand one thing, if somebody taps "No - i dont want it", it mean that he will not want to use it [ the emu ], or he dont even want to see creating such emulator... hmm... :)

UPDATE:

Of course i clicked "YES" in da poll to make things clear...

If you don't want it - navigate to a page somewhere else in the forum

I'm not having a go - but as community we seem to be slating new devs for wanting to create an new platform emulator for the Pandora

Jesus - give the guys a break - you should if you have this forum and are aware of its quirks - realize once you start a poll you can't go back and edit the damn thing

If you don't want a Sega Dreamcast emulator fine, then PLEASE DON'T look at this particular post and moan about something which cannot be changed, as you will only be adding negativity on top of negativity.

If you want a Sega Dreamcast emulator - then offer what support you can - financial, beta testing or just a bravo and pat on the back

If you want an N64 emulator - review any existing threads and try and contact the guys behind the existing N64 emulators - Project64, Muppen64, Daedalus, Nemu64

Please, can we keep this thread as SANE as possible and let the devs update regularly - all this off-topic discussions should be placed in relevant seperate threads.

Leave this thread for the Devs to update and for people who genuinely want a Sega Dreamcast emulator (like me) to make suggestions.

I'm not getting at freedom of speech and that - but just want to say give these new to the Pandora scene devs a break, otherwise - if we as the Pandora community are this bad to newcomers, imagine what the future will hold for the Pandora - you got it - other devs being afraid to stick their heads up and offer us something new!

Why would anyone not want the dc ported? They don't have to play it.

Are people worried about attracting dreamcast fans? Do they smell?

People on this forum confused me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back