[poll] Vote For Nulldc Dreamcast Emulator On Pandora!

Do you want to see the nullDC Dreamcast emulator on the pandora?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No! - I just dont want it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! - I don''t think its possible / reasonable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when a bunch of people said that a DC emulator was a waste of time, that it could never run on the Pandora. And now, here we are, someone has gotten a 3d game almost playable in a matter of days.

Anyways, this project shows great potential for a fullspeed or almost fullspeed dc emulator. Maybe someone will even attempt ps2? Who knows. Anyways the pandora is looking better than ever!

Good luck with porting / optimizing nulldc!

Just saw the POP video, and I have got to say that I am REALLY excited. That looks sooo much better than the Shenmue video of NullDC on the PSP from a few months ago.

The DC is probably my favorite modern 3d era console, or at least my favorite console after 1995. It had so many great games that weren`t seen or weren`t seen in nearly as great a form on any other consoles, so it is naturally a very important thing to emulate.

Even if compatibility isn't anywhere close to 100%, I will be ecstatic if even half of my favorite games run anywhere close to playable speed (60%? 75%?). Being able to hook up a USB hub and connect some controllers and play Powerstone 2 would be amazing. Crazy Taxi is great for solo or hotseat play, though, even if gamepads are not an option. Oh man, I am so excited about this!

Last edited by a moderator:
'jbr' said:
Just saw the POP video, and I have got to say that I am REALLY excited. That looks sooo much better than the Shenmue video of NullDC on the PSP from a few months ago.

The DC is probably my favorite modern 3d era console, or at least my favorite console after 1995. It had so many great games that weren`t seen or weren`t seen in nearly as great a form on any other consoles, so it is naturally a very important thing to emulate.

Even if compatibility isn't anywhere close to 100%, I will be ecstatic if even half of my favorite games run anywhere close to playable speed (60%? 75%?). Being able to hook up a USB hub and connect some controllers and play Powerstone 2 would be amazing. Crazy Taxi is great for solo or hotseat play, though, even if gamepads are not an option. Oh man, I am so excited about this!
Not sure if you are aware, but capcom ported both Power Stone games to the PSP, including a few extras on one disc, if I'm not mistaken. Wifi multiplayer too. So if you wanted power stone in portable form, there's one option ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but the 2 DC Crazy Taxi games are also ported to the PSP, one disc job. :)

said:
May a 100% Shenmue, Dead or Alive, Carirer, Draconus, Gauntlet Legends, Half-Life, Ferrari Challenge, F1 World Prix, Hydro Thunder, Gundam Side Story, Jet Grind/Set Radio, Legacy of Kain, MVC 1&2, MDK2, Powerstone 1&2, Phantasy Star, Skies of Arcadia, Resident Evil 3&Code Veronica, Sonic Adventure 1&2, Virtua Tennis, Wild Metal, Virtua On, Space Channel 5, Toy Commander, 4-in-1 SHMUP and last but not least Soul Calibur exist... (I iz DC Savvy)
so no ikaruga or le mans 24? - phail.

: )

I did this from the top of my head.. Ive havent played ikaragu but le mans is awesome, specially the 24 hour.. that **** is crazy

my main games are Skies of Arcadia, Powerstone 2, MVC2, Half-Life, Soul Reaver, Shenmue, Grandia II and Le Mans.. the rpgs should be easily doable but not sure about teh racing and fighting games.

The only other game I may have forgot to mention from my collection iz ecco the dolphin, shadowman, 18 wheller, maken x, rival schools 1&2, sword of the berserker, teh stars wars racer, some beats of rage nods and let's not forget torturing seaman... most of these are isos, but some are burned for teh dreamcast as well

but anyways, i hope to see awesome emulation for racing and fighting games as well... maybe a demo of mvc2 and le mans soon? cant wait for online phantasy star

Ha! I totaly forgot IKARUGA! :lol:
What a insane skill-game, it would be a great candidate for portrait Mode onto the Pandora. :) And I think it is a good candidate to impress people with what the Pandora can do. Sadly, such games need accurate Timings and 100% correct speed to have any chance to survive. I think with Frameskip and without the original speed it makes not much sense to play...well, but it still would look great onto the Pandora! :D

Amazing work!

Just another reason to fantasize about the future of this device....

I am quietly hoping for Omikron DC compatiblity, the David Bowie tinged future rpg. Was panned by many critics and such, but I always found its sense of scope and want captivating. There really is nothing like it on any other console (other than DC brethren Shenmue) that I can think of that will be playable in handheld form. Not af fan of the cutesy anime rpg's, and that's all you get on the psp.

Shadowman, aside from reduntant gameplay, had a unique atmosphere as well..

Huzah!

'authoreyes' said:
I am quietly hoping for Omikron DC compatiblity, the David Bowie tinged future rpg. Was panned by many critics and such, but I always found its sense of scope and want captivating.

I know it more as Nomad Soul on the PC.
Yeah it was a great game and one of my all time faves but the PC version was bugged to hell and nobody was able to complete the game because of it. I hope the Omikron version was better than the PC one :lol:

'ZeZu' said:
This could be a very cool platform for Sammy Atomiswave, a shame that there is only one known dump, but it is a fairly new arcade system. For those who aren't familiar, the atomiswave is a dreamcast hardware based arcade, and was meant to be the next generation of 2D fighting arcades ala SNK / neogeo.
Do you think of Doing Arcade emulator after NullDCe is done?

The SH4 ASM ARM core can be used for other emulator (acade like Naomi et Naomi 2)?

'Yod4z' said:
'ZeZu' said:
This could be a very cool platform for Sammy Atomiswave, a shame that there is only one known dump, but it is a fairly new arcade system. For those who aren't familiar, the atomiswave is a dreamcast hardware based arcade, and was meant to be the next generation of 2D fighting arcades ala SNK / neogeo.
Do you think of Doing Arcade emulator after NullDCe is done?

The SH4 ASM ARM core can be used for other emulator (acade like Naomi et Naomi 2)?

The sh4 is not writen on asm.Only tiny parts are.nullDC (pc version) already supports naomi (its more of less a dc).Forget about naomi2.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Yeah it was a great game and one of my all time faves but the PC version was bugged to hell and nobody was able to complete the game because of it. I hope the Omikron version was better than the PC one :lol:
It seemed to be...

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
let's wait for the team to make more progress and THEN reply
<

keep up the great work!

Still... I wonder how it is going...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back