Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11+ units.

• None

• Total voters

cbp

Still Fresh
Seeing that preorders are starting soon, let's have a poll and see who's a Pandorian and who is not.

:( Poll messed up.

EDIT: I fixed it the best I could. At least it makes sense now. -Chip

cbp said:
Seeing that preorders are starting soon, let's have a poll and see who's a Pandorian and who is not.

Hi,

Every pool option seems to be mutaly exclusive, but I have to chose one per group (and not on only).
Or would you gie this option to the radio :
group 1 : 0
group 2 : 0
group 3 : I will pre-order, I will order the first batch, I will pre-order and may be buy more with the batch comming

thanks for your intention

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
cbp said:

Hi,

Every pool option seems to be mutaly exclusive, but I have to chose one per group (and not on only).
Or would you gie this option to the radio :
group 1 : 0
group 2 : 0
group 3 : I will pre-order, I will order the first batch, I will pre-order and may be buy more with the batch comming

thanks for your intention

:( Can't edit poll. Will ask to have it deleted.

I'm very tempted to pre-order. That said I'm still keen to see/hear more about the package (in terms of core OS, UI, SDK, etc) and see the finished product. I may have already preordered on impluse, but as time has gone on I'm leaning more to a wait and see' approach. Hopefully there shouldn't be a huge difference between pre-ordering and picking one up once they're shipping and the supply is flowing :)

I'm probably going to wait until I can see several external third party (i.e. non-fan-boy, sorry guys) reviews before I put down my cash to purchase. I'm excited about the concept but want to wait to ensure I'm not buying a lemon.

I'll try for the first batch, but if that means I end up getting in on the second batch, so be it.

Probably get three, give one as a gift and sell the other to a buddy who wants one, but can't pay for it at this time of the month.

there have been many threads about this, also, craig said (i think) that preorders will be limited as far as units per person go.

craigix said:
We might limit the number per person to 1-2 if a lot of people try to buy them all up EEE style. There were people going in to Toys R us and buying their entire stock of EEE computers just to ebay them at twice the price.

Edit: I'm not saying we will cancel orders for 10, if you get your order in we will honour it, it's just that it if keeps happening we might then add a limit from then on.

Here is where craig said he might limit it to 1-2.

Hello Everyone.

I will be preordering. I've finally cracked - the video footage has gotten to me - I need one ASAP please. :)

Seriously though, I've been a very happy GP2X user and regret not getting one earlier. I've sort of got the chance to make up for that now - if you know what I mean...

PoisonedV said:
there have been many threads about this, also, craig said (i think) that preorders will be limited as far as units per person go.
No, he said that if and when it becomes clear people are hoarding Pandoras, he'll put a cap on the maximum number of units that can be ordered, but would still honour previous orders, even if they were excessive.

To me, that's being overly nice. Personally, I'd jump up and down a lot if people started ordering (and paying) my Pandoras by the boatload. Then again, I'm a rotten b*st*rd...

Karel Jansens said:
PoisonedV said:
No, he said that if and when it becomes clear people are hoarding Pandoras, he'll put a cap on the maximum number of units that can be ordered, but would still honour previous orders, even if they were excessive.

To me, that's being overly nice. Personally, I'd jump up and down a lot if people started ordering (and paying) my Pandoras by the boatload. Then again, I'm a rotten b*st*rd...

see Defo

Karel Jansens said:
Personally, I'd jump up and down a lot if people started ordering (and paying) my Pandoras by the boatload. Then again, I'm a rotten b*st*rd...
Yes, but imagine some other unidentified rotten b*st*rd from a large company with lots of cash decides to buy a boatload of Pandoras just to destroy them, to keep them from taking over the world like iPods, knowing that it'll be a while before more can be made and sent out...

I think the current level of secrecy behind the whole project is in the best interests of the whole project.

Did I watch too much X-Files when I was a kid?

I voted that I would be preordering 11+.
I also voted that I did not intend to buy one at all.
This caused the universe to collapse in upon itself, but I fixed it. You're welcome.
Now, where's my 11 Pandoras?

if i'm voting about preordering, how come no 'definitely preordering as soon as it's available!' option? there's no probably to it for me, i want one :)

I plan on pre-ordering. I do want to know ahead of time that pre-order date is set and solid.

kneehighspy said:
if i'm voting about preordering, how come no 'definitely preordering as soon as it's available!' option? there's no probably to it for me, i want one :)
Because you don't know for sure that you'll actually get one. Wanting to get one is only probably getting one; there is a chance that you'll miss the preorder. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Back