Release PORT: FlipClock for Pandora

ibisum

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool Stuff! Will try this and report back! Thanks Torpor! =D

Well, it works. When trying to select a custom sound to play under settings the app crashes. lol

Ah, that sucks .. I will fix this right away and report back when its sorted .. thanks Levi, for the quick report. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ah, that sucks .. I will fix this right away and report back when its sorted .. thanks Levi, for the quick report. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hrm. Set an alarm for 1 min ahead of me, let it go off to make no sound? Will see if its my .asound config though and let you know, also no problem. I love this stuff, fiddling until it works is what I enjoy doing. =)

Edit: Nope, .asound config is normal.

Weird, sound works for me .. okay folks, stay tuned .. And if there is a mod around, I clearly left off the "BETA:" part of this thread, so if you wouldn't mind updating it .. ;)

Also: Selecting a theme does nothing, changing the colour seems to work fine under settings.

There won't be any themes to change to, alas .. if you can find some on the web somewhere, I'll bundle them, but there is only the flipcard theme and the nighttime, digital theme, for now ..

There won't be any themes to change to, alas .. if you can find some on the web somewhere, I'll bundle them, but there is only the flipcard theme and the nighttime, digital theme, for now ..

Oh okay, I like the themes it does have anyway, was just pointing that out in case it was unknown =)

Three different attempts to set an alarm in, and still no noise but a lovely popup about the alarm going off. What works for you? Sound? or Folder?

Sound works for me, but yeah - seems to hang when I try to set a different sound. I think I've got some problems with the gtk-selector .. got some debugging to do but in the meantime please keep poking around in case you find anything else amiss. I think its pretty useful as a clock right now, just not so great as an Alarm clock, alas, until I fix these two bugs.

One thing that wasn't clear to me at first was that its possible to 'flip' the screens by dragging the edges - this is pretty neat. In fact I'm finding the whole GUI of flipclock to be very friendly, as a whole, and probably a good way to get other similarly-capable GUI's for programs running on the Pandora.

Sound works for me, but yeah - seems to hang when I try to set a different sound. I think I've got some problems with the gtk-selector .. got some debugging to do but in the meantime please keep poking around in case you find anything else amiss. I think its pretty useful as a clock right now, just not so great as an Alarm clock, alas, until I fix these two bugs.

One thing that wasn't clear to me at first was that its possible to 'flip' the screens by dragging the edges - this is pretty neat. In fact I'm finding the whole GUI of flipclock to be very friendly, as a whole, and probably a good way to get other similarly-capable GUI's for programs running on the Pandora.

Wow I thought the GUI was already pretty damn awesome. I guess the only complaint I have for usability goes would be to somehow increase the area of which you need to touch an object onscreen to manipulate it. Like the part you need to drag to bring up settings or the alarm control area.

Another note: When you close the app and reopen it, no settings are saved, such as colour or alarm setup

vminko: thats flipclock, yes! But I got the latest sources from GIT, and added this simple Makefile to the src/ tree to build the whole thing on my Pandora, bollocks-style.

Code:
fcT:    fc4.c alarmDFunc.c bme.c fcFMRadio.c n800FMRadio.c xmlFunc.c \

alarmDv2Func.c fc3.c fileDirFunc.c ossoHelper.c \

alarmFunc.c fc4.c miscFunc.c themeManager.c \

audioFunc.c fcAlarmSync.c mouseFunc.c userPrefs.c

gcc -g -Wall -DDEBUGENABLED=1 -DPREFSPATH=\"./flipclock/\" -DTHEMESPATH=\"./flipclock/themes/\" -DMEDIAPATH=\"./flipclock/media/\" -DPROGNAME=\"flipclock\" -DPROGVERSION=1.0 -DMAEMOVERSION=4 `sdl-config --cflags` `pkg-config --cflags  gstreamer-0.10 gtk+-2.0 glib-2.0` `sdl-config --libs` `pkg-config --libs  gstreamer-0.10 gtk+-2.0 glib-2.0` -L/usr/lib -I/usr/include/SDL -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_gfx -lpthread -lrt fc4.c -o fcT

clean:  

rm -rf fcT *.o *.?~

.. note that I have used opkg to install the relevant -dev packages on my Pandora so I can build with them .. here is an opkg paste that might work for you (ymmv):

Code:
   sudo opkg install gtk+-1.2-dev  gtk+-dev libxml2-dev  gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-dev

I have made very few source changes so far, except for the gstreamer setup (sound now works properly), but I'm still not sure why the gtk dialog call isn't returning when you hit the "Alarm Sound" button ..

LEVI:

Another note: When you close the app and reopen it, no settings are saved, such as colour or alarm setup

Yeah, I don't have the path set up properly to save the local config file .. still tweaking and so on, but I'll try to get it sorted tonight, so I can actually use the thing to get up early tomorrow! :)

LEVI:

Yeah, I don't have the path set up properly to save the local config file .. still tweaking and so on, but I'll try to get it sorted tonight, so I can actually use the thing to get up early tomorrow! :)

Sweet, I was hoping this would be up and running by monday so I could use it too! Thanks Torpor =)

Cool, I had a clock like this when I was a kid, I think the sound of the minute changing helped me sleep somehow. Does it make that sound?

I clearly left off the "BETA:" part of this thread, so if you wouldn't mind updating it .. ;)
If you edit your first post and then look around there is like a full edit or something, hit that and it takes you to a screen where you can edit the topic.

EDIT: Yes if you edit the first post and then hit the 'Use Full Editor' below the the text box it will let you edit the topic name and topic description.

Hello,

Funny, I forgot to check this forum.. Darn.. I hate having 2 forums.. Anyways.. I posted my comments in the origional thread.

I found the same problem as others..

No save on exit and lock up when you try to click on the folder button to select sound file or sound folder. Also cannot select alternate theme but that made sense to me as there are no others bundled with the app.

Concerning sound.. On the origional version you ported, I remember it saying buzzer.mp3 in the sound button area. Now it juist says (Nil)

Thanks for porting this.. Great stuff.. Cannot wait to start using it.

Eisner

Heh .. sorry Kagato, but no .. I won't be adding that feature (not a fan of lost hours watching crappy TV shows) .. HOWEVER I will release the sources so you could do it yourself during commercial breaks .. :)

I'll keep that in mind. :)

Lost was entertaining for the first few seasons, fell apart towards the end, and had a thoroughly abysmal conclusion.

BSG followed a similar pattern (though with a steeper decline following season 1).

I propose Kagato's Law of TV Drama: for any show promising a "big reveal" at its end, as the number of seasons increases, the probability of the conclusion being a bitter disappointment approaches 1.

...I still love the Dharma Clock though.

Back