Power Vs Dreamcast?

Beagleboard probably isn't running the SGX at 200MHz. If you scale the numbers you get 143MHz, but who knows what it really is.

Exophase said:
Beagleboard probably isn't running the SGX at 200MHz. If you scale the numbers you get 143MHz, but who knows what it really is.
Doesn't really matter either, because we don't know if it will be memory bandwidth constrained, or GPU constrained.

Besides the fact that we need to run actual programs on it before we know what kind of power it has.

Last edited by a moderator:
nubie said:
Exophase said:
Doesn't really matter either, because we don't know if it will be memory bandwidth constrained, or GPU constrained.

Besides the fact that we need to run actual programs on it before we know what kind of power it has.

I'm sure that number of triangles alone would not be bandwidth limited, it has been confirmed that the number reflects the amount that the TBDR engine can bin per frame, which is something that would scale with clock speed. There'd definitely be more than enough bandwidth to read primitive attributes + write to the framebuffer for those numbers. Texturing doesn't play a part in this.

Exophase said:
nubie said:
Exophase said:

I'm sure that number of triangles alone would not be bandwidth limited, it has been confirmed that the number reflects the amount that the TBDR engine can bin per frame, which is something that would scale with clock speed. There'd definitely be more than enough bandwidth to read primitive attributes + write to the framebuffer for those numbers. Texturing doesn't play a part in this.

Sorry, I meant in real-world usage scenarios, unless we don't plan to texture for artistic reasons.

Back