Prboom, Quake1, Wolf4sdl, Xcom 2, Clonekeenplus Updates.

Update: I put up a test version for gpquake, those having an issue try the package out. Its working for me. I hope its not firmware, im still on 1.0.0.
pickle.gp2x.de/gpquake.zip
I downloaded the gpquake.zip archive, and replaced all files in my Quake folder with the versions in the archive. I had to edit the gpquake.gpe file because it was using cpufreq from a location that I don't have installed on my SD card. Launched gpquake.gpe from the Launcher. Black - screen, and got kicked back to the Wiz menu. Tried running tyrquake instead and got the same results I got when I tried running it with cpufreq - screen flipped on it's side and garbled. Oops. So I replaced libcastor.so with the one from the posted quake_0.03.zip archive and tyrquake is running normally again. gpquake is a no go.

Sounds like it might be a firmware issue. I'm running 1.1.0

Last edited by a moderator:
please can someone help me i havee twilight.wad for prboom but it doesnt work do i need to rename it differently?

I logged the latest gpquake version with firmware 1.1.0:

CODE
Starting wiz MMU
got uname location 5337c
uname backup: e1a0c00d e92dd810 e24cb004 e1a04000
uname now: e3a000a3 e12fff1e e24cb004 e1a04000
test 1: expected 0xA3, got a3
uname now: e3a000e9 e12fff1e e24cb004 e1a04000
test 2: expected 0xE9, got e9
modifying pagetable at 1f70000
keyboard emulation started
keyboard started
memory:33554432
Error: Not enough memory free; check disk space

i got all the wadsfor prboom working exept for twilight.wad why doesnt this one work can anyone shed abit of light on this one hehe get it light twilight.
please can someone help me i havee twilight.wad for prboom but it doesnt work do i need to rename it differently?
I'm having trouble finding this WAD on the internet.
Is it freeware, if so where can I get it from?
The only one is found was twzone.wad, I think this must be the wrong one!

thats what i cant get working twzone.wad is this the twilight wad

Alright so here's the deal. I've edited other wrappers using the built-in Notepad editor that came with my laptop. They have worked fine. For example, I made a wrapper (following the instructions in another thread) to make gpfce exit correctly. I used Notepad for that, and it worked perfectly. However, everytime I go to do the same thing for Wolfenstein, all I get is a black screen. I KNOW it's not my files, as the game runs perfectly without the wrappers. When I use a wrapper though, the game just won't load. It stays stuck at a black screen. Do I specifically have to use Notepad + + for Wolfenstein to work? Because regular Notepad worked for other programs...

Also, I'm editing the wrapper to fit my title of the Wolfenstein.gpe file. IE, my actual wolfenstein gpe file is called "Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe". So I have editedd my wrapper to look like this:

#!/bin/sh
./Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe
cd /usr/gp2x/
./gp2xmenu

Is this correct?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help guys.

#!/bin/sh
./Wolf4SDL_WL6.gpe
sync
cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu
Well, yes, it works!!!

PS: After some retries ^^

Neil:

This is the solution. If you use notepad++ under Windows, for example, you must convert the test to UNIX format, then save it as GPE, and it will work perfectly. If you are using Linux, it should be ALWAYS working.

Regards,
What I done was pasted the above text into notepad++ (just edit the notepad++ file that appears on the desktop after downloading notepad++), converted in to UNIX and saved it as Wolf4SDL_WL6_start.gpe in the wolf4SDL folder & pointed the INI shortcut file at it.
If you want to play all the 3 parts of Spear Of Desiny (1, 2 & 3) you have to put Wolfenstein 3D & SOD-part 1 in one folder (with both sets of original files and the downloaded game files), and a seperate one for SOD-part 2 (original files & game files) & one for SOD-part 3 (original files & game files), due to the original SOD files sharing the same filenames for each part.

Mine are all working and exiting fine now, let me know how you get on. (Coverting it to UNIX is the main thing!)

I reflashed to 1.0.0 and tried gpquake again. This time it worked flawlessly. So it's confirmed a firmware bug...

Alright so I figured it out with your help. Thanks guys! I guess I was able to use regular Notepad for the gpfce because it doesn't require a Unix compatible file? I dunno, but Notepad++ did the trick.

Again, thanks everyone. And thanks Pickle for all these sweet ports! I could've paid double what I did for the Wiz and I'd still be absolutely thrilled with it. This machine is f-ing awesome. :)

Cheers,
Jason

Quake 1 is also slower with the 1.1.0 firmware. I framerate drops quite drastically when you are fighting 2 or more enemies at once.

Regards

André

xenon_soft said:
Hey!

I have a question about PRBOOM... how do you change the weapon? :huh:
Volume UP / DOWN buttons.

Back