Pre-order Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 15 2006 at 04:35 AM said:
Excuse me, I think waking up at 7AM and sitting on a concrete floor for 2 and a half hours in freezing weather makes me well deserving of the number of wiis I was able to get.

What about the other people who sat around in the cold to preorder a wii, but couldn't as they'd all been reserved?

I think you're mistaking legal with ethical.

Last edited by a moderator:
haha i dont have to worry im in the uk. i preorderd my wii cupple weeks ago from GAME so ill def get a unit.
oh your jewish.... well hope you get a very badly made dradle for the "holidays" (hanukkah) :p

the thing is, its not the facted that you are going to resale them; its the facked that you took 3 other peoples chance of getting one.

o and the PS3 is going to be boaring anyway, allmost every game will have "4" in the tittle.

DCGM ... you did the eqiuvalent of taking four seats on a bus... You only need one. But greed means you'll let people sit in your seats if they pay you more than they would have paid if you hadn't set yourself up as a middle man.

Basically it is good business sense, but it turns you into a bastard!

Luckily Nintendo are planning to have plenty of console ready for the worldwide launch, so unless everyone is being a jerk and buying loads like yourself, then there is nothing to worry about. I'm not jealous since I had my preorder in weeks ago. I just hate this sort of thing personally...

I hope nintendo has no shortage, just so that you won't be able to charge any extra for them.

Look, as I said, You can all be jealous all you want. I didnt post here to be ethical, I posted to brag. Too fucking bad :).

I'll put you all on my mailing list for the auction link when it's posted. You can watch it all go up in price and go cry to you mothers on how im a bastard and unethical.

@mosch: You keep telling yourself that.

DCGM- you are an absolute cunt.

Moaning about lack of availability- then buying four to tout- what a twat. All your actions mean is that some fat spoilt rich kid (much like yourself probably) will pressure his/her parents into paying stupid amounts of money for something that was intended to be affordable.
Someone less fortunate may miss out.

And then you come on here to brag about it. Wanker.

I hope there is a plentiful supply of Wii's this holiday and you end up losing money.

declaration posted on Oct 15 2006 at 12:53 PM said:
DCGM- you are an absolute cunt.

Moaning about lack of availability- then buying four to tout- what a twat. All your actions mean is that some fat spoilt rich kid (much like yourself probably) will pressure his/her parents into paying stupid amounts of money for something that was intended to be affordable.
Someone less fortunate may miss out.

And then you come on here to brag about it. Wanker.

I hope there is a plentiful supply of Wii's this holiday and you end up losing money.
lol so predictable declaration. I'll add you to my mailing list as well!

What dcgm does is his business. We can damn him to hell but that doesn't mean god will.

On a side note, dcgm is a bastard.

sensible GP32 posted on Oct 15 2006 at 01:31 PM said:
i gotta admit DCGM you have come across as a right dick in this thread.
It's my own fault for thinking complete strangers would give a shit. But you know what sensible? I couldnt care less. Because when I sell the 3 extra systems I have, I'll be able to buy a PS3 from the profits alone.

If I wanted people's opinions I would ask. These people mean nothing to me, especially the retarded fanboys like declaration.

I dont feel "bad" for what I did. In fact, I cannot wait to sell them and take a bath in the extra money I have ;)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 15 2006 at 02:44 PM said:
@Mosch: You keep telling yourself that.

This makes no sense. I am simply informing you about a fact that leads me to seriously doubt that you will be raking in the cash as you seem to imagine. In fact I am pretty sure it will be no problem at all to get a Wii for christmas. I am not going to tell you how to invest your money, you are free to do as you please and I couldn't care less.

On a side note, feel free to add me to your special mailing list and send me the links to your auction. You seem to revel in your business sense and if showing people your auctions makes you happy I#it be nother bother at all for me to make you happy ;)

I was tempted to side with you on how he's scamming innocent people... for about 2 seconds. Then it hit me that if someone is willing to pay twice for what a thing is worth just so they could get it on launch day, then they're too stupid for me to give a rat's ass. Let the idiots pay up :)

- Alex

Mosch posted on Oct 15 2006 at 04:19 PM said:

This makes no sense. I am simply informing you about a fact that leads me to seriously doubt that you will be raking in the cash as you seem to imagine. In fact I am pretty sure it will be no problem at all to get a Wii for christmas. I am not going to tell you how to invest your money, you are free to do as you please and I couldn't care less.

On a side note, feel free to add me to your special mailing list and send me the links to your auction. You seem to revel in your business sense and if showing people your auctions makes you happy I#it be nother bother at all for me to make you happy ;)
11 million in North America? In time for Xmas? Come on dude, that's just plain stupid.

So again, you keep on telling yourself that.

@Alex: exactly right, people are dumb enough so that's no one's problem but their own. Im just playing my cards in a little game called life- and if this makes me "ON NOES!!! UNETHICAL!!!! HOW DARE I!!!!". Oh well. People are entitled to their opinions.

@all the people who look down upon me: It takes 2 to complete a transaction. Remember that.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 15 2006 at 09:59 PM said:
Mosch posted on Oct 15 2006 at 04:19 PM said:

11 million in North America? In time for Xmas? Come on dude, that's just plain stupid.

Of course not, the figure is for worldwide distribution: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/05/wii-prod...g-expectations/

(away from the argument and back on topic for a minute)

Why do these companies do this? Engineering a sell-out buy producing few units, just to make themselves look good 'oh we sold out on release day!!!11!1!!11!oneeleven' and pretend there is high demand is just plain stupid. These companies like profits don't they? So why make so few when they could make more and make more profits on release day?

If Nintendo are smart (and if Mosch's link of 9-11 million Wii's is true then they are), they will put out enough Wiis to fully satisfy pre-order demand with ample left over to catch the impulse buys and other people who didn't think it was good enough to pre-order but would like one anyway etc.

As for what DCGM is doing, yeah he's a dick, but if someone is gullible enough to go onto ebay and pay the exorbitant prices just because they MUST have one on release....

By the why dcgm, add me to your mailing list too. I'll take a look at how much it goes for.

White Demon posted on Oct 16 2006 at 01:59 PM said:
As for what DCGM is doing, yeah he's a dick, but if someone is gullible enough to go onto ebay and pay the exorbitant prices just because they MUST have one on release....

Yes, but it's not the person who buy's the Wii from DCGM who loses out, it's the people who were behind him in the queue to pre-order one who do.

First of all, I doubt that Wiis will be in short supply.
Second, why does anyone care how many units dcgm reserves and for what purpose? If he pays for them, he is free to buy as many as he pleases and do whatever he wants with them. That includes reserving three Wiis for three friends or gambling on a potential rise in prices.

Bingo Jesus posted on Oct 16 2006 at 09:21 AM said:
White Demon posted on Oct 16 2006 at 01:59 PM said:

Yes, but it's not the person who buy's the Wii from DCGM who loses out, it's the people who were behind him in the queue to pre-order one who do.
For your information, everyone behind me in the first line got a preorder. Actually, do you even know HOW I was able to get 4 preorders if there was a limit of 1 per household/name/address/phone number? Or are you just assuming I said something like "put me down for 4 please!!1111"? Everyone intelligent received a preorder. People who walked in 40 minutes later and expected one didnt, and rightfully so. That's logic.

BTW: Nintendo planning to shipping 6 million units workwide by the end of the FISCAL YEAR seems right. 11 million by december 31st 2006 is retarded and wont happen no matter how much you all pray to God that I get coal and dies of aids ;). Pretty sick.

As for my PS3. Just wait and see. I'm getting one at lauch so I can have it for the holidays, and I'm posting a picture to rub it in all your fucking jealous faces.

I'll even write up a shout-out to grahf before taking a picture.

Mosch posted on Oct 16 2006 at 10:46 AM said:
First of all, I doubt that Wiis will be in short supply.
Second, why does anyone care how many units dcgm reserves and for what purpose? If he pays for them, he is free to buy as many as he pleases and do whatever he wants with them. That includes reserving three Wiis for three friends or gambling on a potential rise in prices.
that's precisely my point. I find it pretty disturbing that people are "wishing" for Christmas that I burn in hell and such.

Im not asking for people to pat me on the back, just keep the awful nasty comments to yourselves ffs ;)

Guys, it's not like DCGM is the only guy who's going to do it at launch. It's not fair for him to take the whole blame. Will won't be in short supply just like DS was and GC was and GBA was; it's not Nintendo style. On the other hand, PS3 will no doubt in short supply due to Sony's style: PS2 and PSP. I thought about getting a PS3, but I'm too old to go through this, and too cheap to pay $2000 for a PS3. Hence, I'll just wait while playing my Wii and PS2 games. BTW am I the only one thinking PS3 core system seems to be the right choice unlike the case with X360? 40GB+WiFi+Card Reader < $100 in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back