Pre-ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa, slow down. craig didnt say tomorrow. although that would be cool, lets not rush him.

then again, it is a fully finalized model (extenally anyways).... what are you waiting for craig :p

impreziv said:
whoa, slow down. craig didnt say tomorrow. although that would be cool, lets not rush him.

v---From the "After the first 3000" thread.---v

craigix said:
I have a real Pandora on my desk in front of me right now, and you can expect some photos tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
The preorder price will be the complete price, as it was with the GP2X.

We don't want to do a 'gp2x' on you and take preorders then keep you waiting for a crazy length of time.

Right now we are working on the software and tweaking things with the case and LCD cable.

On my desk (well, by desk i mean kitchen table), I have a real Pandora and it is astonishing. It is so small and compact I am excited in a geeky way.

I've decided to take some photos as it is so cool. The Pandora is so small that everyone I have shown it to has done one of those double take cartoon like looks at it, 'that is a real mini computer?'.
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU SHOW MEE SHOWWWWW MEEEEEE

Oh yeah, I'm hyping. For some reason that post makes me really excited

If devs show us some pictures of real :pandora1: (and maybe some vids of :pandora1: in action with OS and GUI running) we may hope preordering will start in a week or two. :ph34r:

craigix said:
We don't want to do a 'gp2x' on you and take preorders then keep you waiting for a crazy length of time.

Uh, we are waiting for a crazy length of time so or so, I think it doesnt make that huge difference. ;)

Well, the most interesting Question isn't when preordering starts, the Question is, how many time passes between preordering and shipping the Units! ^_^ I hope you start with the production as soon as possible and not AFTER the preordering process, afaik such a production can take some weeks and if you do shipping per Ship this can take 3 Months from Asia! ( :ph34r: ) So Airfreight should be the only choice. ;)

I've loved my GP2X but I'm really looking forward to this new beastie coming out, and will definitely be pre-ordering.

Thanks for giving us and update craig, looking forward to the pictures promised as well :D

im bumping this, because i have a worry.

I really want a pandora..... but i do see a problem with paying all the money up front, and waiting after that to actually get the pandora.

Without some kind of reassurance i am starting to doubt pre-ordering mine.

Theone said:

I really want a pandora..... but i do see a problem with paying all the money up front, and waiting after that to actually get the pandora.

Then don't? Get one from the second batch.

B-ZaR said:
Theone said:

yes, because waiting into the next freaking year is what we want.
the situation sucks. pay up front or wait yet more months.

CC_machine said:
Well, you either want one or you don't. If you do, then pay the money for the pre-order, or wait and see if theres any unallocated ones left for when it becomes available.

CC_machine said:
B-ZaR said:
Theone said:

thats what i was thinking. I want it asap, but i dont want to pay up front with little gauranttee when ill be getting my pandora.

Great system guys >.<

Theone said:
thats what i was thinking. I want it asap, but i dont want to pay up front with little gauranttee when ill be getting my pandora.
You'll be getting it before the 2nd batch thats for sure :)

Besides, like I've already said above, you can wait and see if theres any unallocated ones left for when it becomes available if you wish. If you wish to guarantee one however, you will have to give your money.

Your choice.

I'm sorry, but the notion of "I want one ASAP on my terms" is silly.

If you want one from the first batch, pre-order, which includes paying the price in full up front. This money is likely being used to pay for production costs.

If you do not want to pay the full price up front, then don't. Wait for the second batch.

I really don't see what there is to complain about...

jellmoo said:
I'm sorry, but the notion of "I want one ASAP on my terms" is silly.

If you want one from the first batch, pre-order, which includes paying the price in full up front. This money is likely being used to pay for production costs.

If you do not want to pay the full price up front, then don't. Wait for the second batch.

I really don't see what there is to complain about...
the way i see it is i give over my money up front. With absolutely no idea exactly when i am going to be getting it, just some time in october/november.

Im sorry if it makes me seem annoying, but that without that assurance of date of when ill actually get the product "some time in the future" just isnt good enough. Especially if by some miricle it gets lost in the mail or something and i have just said goodbye to £200.

Maybe its just false worries, i dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back