Pre-ordering concerns

Chip said:
FRZ said:
So.... The USD price should be cheaper now, no?

It's irrelevant. $330 is just the number on the web page. It doesn't get updated frequently. When you pay for your Pandora, pay in pounds and you'll get the up-to-the-minute exchange rate.

Actually, no. Since the parts and assembly is all quoted in US dollars, I don't see how that 200GBP can still be used since it has slumped so bad. I guess I have never really paid much attention to that until now. Nothing is being made in the UK so that price means nothing. The US price is the one that actually correlates to the cost of making this thing. That's a hell of a loss on each unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
FRZ said:

It's irrelevant. $330 is just the number on the web page. It doesn't get updated frequently. When you pay for your Pandora, pay in pounds and you'll get the up-to-the-minute exchange rate.

Craig's newsletter indicated that the price for all US customers would be fixed at $329.99...

169 British pounds = 31 893.4341 Japanese yen
330 U.S. dollars = 34 891.0975 Japanese yen

I guess I know what I am going to be paying in.

Gilrad said:
169 British pounds = 31 893.4341 Japanese yen
330 U.S. dollars = 34 891.0975 Japanese yen

I guess I know what I am going to be paying in.
Yen?

MWeston said:
Chip said:
FRZ said:

Actually, no. Since the parts and assembly is all quoted in US dollars, I don't see how that 200GBP can still be used since it has slumped so bad. I guess I have never really paid much attention to that until now. Nothing is being made in the UK so that price means nothing. The US price is the one that actually correlates to the cost of making this thing. That's a hell of a loss on each unit.
Agreed. Like it or not, Europe, the dollar is used for international trade and is still the currency of global business, prices at lauch should reflect the standings of the currency at launch.

CronoTriggerfan said:
MWeston said:
Chip said:
FRZ said:

Agreed. Like it or not, Europe, the dollar is used for international trade and is still the currency of global business, prices at lauch should reflect the standings of the currency at launch.

True but also like it or not Craig is the person selling them at launch and he is in the UK, he has stated it won't move from the £199 price point months ago, he didn't mention the US price not moving....in THIS case the UK price is the benchstone for what the other prices will be set...like it or not...

Tom` said:
I apologize - my calculation went something like "£200 - (£200 * 0.175) = £165." Apparently that means I fail at basic math. Sorry. Didn't mean to perpetuate ignorance...
No, you didn't fail at math. What you did is subtract 17.5% from the final price, which doesn't give you the pre-vat price (It just gives the price minus 17.5%). You need to subtract 17.5% of the PRE-VAT price from the POST-VAT price to get the correct figure (as the 17.5% is calculated on the pre-vat price).

The easiest way to do this is reverse the "Multiply by 1.175" equation originally applied, so you divide by 1.175 and get £170.21276595744680851063829787234. You can slap this into xe.com, which at the time of this post means you get $309.92773411180394 USD.

Back