Complete Pandora Shown Before Pre-order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonaman

Still Fresh
As it's only ten days until pre-ordering starts I was wondering if we would see a complete, assembled pandora booting up and running software with the controls demonstrated and sound? I think it would help with the pre-orders if you could see what your money is being spent on but i realise it might not be possible because it's a work in progress even after the 30th September until shipping. Will we see any more updates (videos, pictures, information) before then though?

craigix and co will probably show some more of the pandora before the preorder but tbh it depends if all the parts come together in time like the case etc. aswell as the UI etc.

I have only respect for Craig and company and I do have to agree with Goonaman, I want to see a finished product before I spend the cash. If I can watch a youtube video of the working finished product then I would have absolutely no reservation about spending the money.

elinscheid said:
I have only respect for Craig and company and I do have to agree with Goonaman, I want to see a finished product before I spend the cash. If I can watch a youtube video of the working finished product then I would have absolutely no reservation about spending the money.
yeah, it would be nice to see one working before purchase.im in england so where willl you be able to order one?is it the gbax website or gp2x.co.uk or both?

Last edited by a moderator:
gbax and gp2x.co.uk are the same company but we will have to wait as there will be another newsletter on the 30th with ordering information

elinscheid said:
At the end of the day any 'finished product' will be created by hand. We're not going to be able to see an off-the-line model until after we've stumped up the cash.

"Complete Pandora Shown Before Pre-order"?
At the Moment it feels more like we don't see a finished Pandora even after Pre-Ordering Period and before Launch Date. :lol:
ED wanted to show us a complete Finished Prototype Pandora at 10. August, but AFAIK the manufacturing company was incapable to do this Job right in time. Since this I never heard a word about this special Prototype Pandora.

fusion_power said:
At the Moment it feels more like we don't see a finished Pandora even after Pre-Ordering Period and before Launch Date. :lol:
I agree :) .

elinscheid said:
There is however, a world of difference between making one by hand and cranking out even a hundred by your manufacturer. ...or rather 3000 in this case.

I don't want to freak anyone out but the official order for the OMAP processors haven't even been made yet.

:-o

Fat Agnus said:
I don't want to freak anyone out but the official order for the OMAP processors haven't even been made yet.

:-o
... hmm, well. Does not change anything for me. Since I made up my mind, I'm just going to preorder no matter what. Complete pandora shown before or not, I must have it.

Squidge said:
The problem is that your out by about 2 months...
<off_topic>Sorry, things only got worse with this one - failed to translate into my native language :) .
@Kyosys
I'm glad you like my counter, and I'm glad you're not the only one :) The idea of the counter is "you can't just screw it up this time" or to be short "no more delays, please!". Chip has closed my counter thread where I intended to express the same idea. He also toled me to stay calm. I didn't obey the order and made a sig-embedded counter. I'm sorry for having disappointed his chipness, because the counter seems to have spread.
You can find this counter here. </off_topic>

Back to the topic. Can we ask devs to give us a hint on when we can expect the promised show? Well, as usual, by saying "a hint" I mean a firm date. :) Will it be 5 minutes before preordering starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back