Pre-ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theone said:
jellmoo said:
I'm sorry, but the notion of "I want one ASAP on my terms" is silly.

If you want one from the first batch, pre-order, which includes paying the price in full up front. This money is likely being used to pay for production costs.

If you do not want to pay the full price up front, then don't. Wait for the second batch.

I really don't see what there is to complain about...
the way i see it is i give over my money up front. With absolutely no idea exactly when i am going to be getting it, just some time in october/november.

Im sorry if it makes me seem annoying, but that without that assurance of date of when ill actually get the product "some time in the future" just isnt good enough. Especially if by some miricle it gets lost in the mail or something and i have just said goodbye to £200.

Maybe its just false worries, i dunno.

Then don't? If you are not confident with pre-ordering, then I would suggest you don't. If you cannot afford to do so, knowing that will it is unlikely but possible that delays can occur, then don't pre-order. Either wait and see if any of the initial 3000 are still around, or order from the second batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the deal - If enough people are uncomfortable with the terms of pre-order, then the pre-orders won't sell out. If that is the case, then you can wait for more "reassurances" and order when you're happy. If there are still 3000 people willing to pre-order based on what we already know, then they deserve to get their Pandora first, and you don't.

Is there some risk to plopping down $330 on a product that isn't finished yet? Sure. But that's just the way this project works. If you're not willing to take a chance, then wait. Those are the conditions of the pre-order, whether you think you're entitled to something different or not.

If I had a nickel for everytime the word "pre-order" came up on this board I could afford to "pre-order" a Pandora(maybe even two). Is it possible to get a count? Must be in the hundreds.

Search Results
Searched the forum for pre-order
Results 0 - 25 of about 1213. Search took 0.1262 seconds

That's at least 1213 times, probably much more considering that there could be the word more than once per post.

1213*.05= 60.65

Though that doesn't count if the word was in more than one post, so it might be enough.

DisgruntleElf said:
If I had a nickel for everytime the word "pre-order" came up on this board I could afford to "pre-order" a Pandora(maybe even two). Is it possible to get a count? Must be in the hundreds.
"Searched the forum for pre-order Results 0 - 25 of about 1213. Search took 0.1232 seconds"
"Searched the forum for preorder Results 0 - 25 of about 477. Search took 0.0163 seconds"
"Searched the forum for pre order Results 0 - 23 of about 23. Search took 0.7925 seconds"
3426 times pre-orders come up * 0.05 dollars per nickle = $171.30

So close!

I wish I had a dime for everytime the word "pre-order" came up on this board. B)

Edit : Bah! Defo beat me to it.

Why waste your time moaning about the number of posts about pre-ordering? Didn't you think there would be a lot? There is only 2 days to the first pre order batch so things will die down after that, if you don't like these threads, you don't have to reply in every one of them, its only a single line on your computer monitor, simply skip to the next one above, hey presto you've skipped a thread you dont want to read!

jaycee900 said:
Why waste your time moaning about the number of posts about pre-ordering? Didn't you think there would be a lot? There is only 2 days to the first pre order batch so things will die down after that, if you don't like these threads, you don't have to reply in every one of them, its only a single line on your computer monitor, simply skip to the next one above, hey presto you've skipped a thread you dont want to read!
Are you kidding? This is great stuff! Soap operas can't deliver better real-life drama. You've got the evil rich tyrant craigix depriving the poor GP2X village folks of their life necessity, "Pandora". His second in command, Squidge who plans one day to overthrow the overlord and take control for himself. Under his command is the ruthless law enforcer, Chip. The good hearted EvilDragon haunted by nightmares whose torn between his loyalties to craigix and his moral duty to stop the unspeakable suffering. And WarmFluffyUK thrown in the dungeon and forced to make renders to torture helpless souls. As another day goes by on the high rating hit forum drama "Pandora Pre-order Saga". Hell I'm hoping the pre-order date gets extended another month.

DisgruntleElf said:
jaycee900 said:
Are you kidding? This is great stuff! Soap operas can't deliver better real-life drama. You've got the evil rich tyrant craigix depriving the poor GP2X village folks of their life necessity, "Pandora". His second in command, Squidge who plans one day to overthrow the overlord and take control for himself. Under his command is the ruthless law enforcer, Chip. The good hearted EvilDragon haunted by nightmares whose torn between his loyalties to craigix and his moral duty to stop the unspeakable suffering. And WarmFluffyUK thrown in the dungeon and forced to make renders to torture helpless souls. As another day goes by on the high rating hit forum drama "Pandora Pre-order Saga". Hell I'm hoping the pre-order date gets extended another month.

lmao i never thought about it like that...I can't wait for the next installment, maybe you can translate it into a weekly sticky post for us!?

Theone said:
the way i see it is i give over my money up front. With absolutely no idea exactly when i am going to be getting it, just some time in october/november.

Im sorry if it makes me seem annoying, but that without that assurance of date of when ill actually get the product "some time in the future" just isnt good enough. Especially if by some miricle it gets lost in the mail or something and i have just said goodbye to £200.

Maybe its just false worries, i dunno.
THEN DON'T PAY!!!

Sheesh...

Theone said:
thats what i was thinking. I want it asap, but i dont want to pay up front with little gauranttee when ill be getting my pandora.

In other words you want to have your cake and eat it too. Why can't people understand you don't get everything you want. Live with it, this is how reality works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back