Problem With Gmu And Oldplay Music Player..

DAXP

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
When using GMU, some songs will not be played. At all. The only thing I've noticed about them is they don't have an Aritist, Album, Genre, etc.,.. set. Could this be the problem? They play fine in the normal music player, Oldplay, and on Windows.

The other problem is with Oldplay. I tried using it, since GMU woulnd'nt work. I liked it, even had one feature GMU didn't that I wish it did (previous track in random play). All was fine for a little while..and eventually it just quit when I tried to go to the next song. I don't know why. =(

Help with either is fine, it doesn't matter which is fixed. =/

DAXP said:
When using GMU, some songs will not be played. At all. The only thing I've noticed about them is they don't have an Aritist, Album, Genre, etc.,.. set. Could this be the problem? They play fine in the normal music player, Oldplay, and on Windows.

The other problem is with Oldplay. I tried using it, since GMU woulnd'nt work. I liked it, even had one feature GMU didn't that I wish it did (previous track in random play). All was fine for a little while..and eventually it just quit when I tried to go to the next song. I don't know why. =(

Help with either is fine, it doesn't matter which is fixed. =/
Do the song(s) have id3 tags in UTF8? Could be why oldplay quits (it does for me on one song)..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no clue. How could I check?

And the songs work in Craigamp. =) Three problems. The songs in question sound..kinda different. The voice in the song is deeper, yet the music sounds higher. o_O Doesn't bother me much. Second, the songs aren't listed alphabetically...but no music player has gotten this right (with my songs). GMU came close, but it still had some weirdness. Last, the speakers won't work right. Almost never use them, though, so no worries. And I'm VERY happy that I can use previous track in random mode. >_>

Thanks for the help. =)

They should be listed alphabetically (in english anyway) why don't they work, could you give me an example?

I figured it out. When I turned on random, it just randomized what was in the playlist. I'm more used to the playlist staying the same and then choosing something from that. Another problem I had with GMU was, while it would do it that way, it always chose the same songs in random mode. So, I had to turn on the GP2X, start and restart GMU, then play my songs.

Anyway, now, the only problem is the volume. Even at max, it's not too loud. I kinda like this when using headphones, as the lowest setting is still pretty loud in the default and other players, but it's annoying in my car. Maybe GMenu is doing something weird...eh, gives me something to work with. Good to stop the boredom..

Edit: It was GMenu. It's normally set to have programs with 30 as the volume setting. Setting CraigAmp to 100 fixed it. I now have two links, one for headphones, one for my car or the GP2X speakers. =) I like this. I like it a lot. >_>

Back