Problem With Wonderboy In Monsterland In Mame

deadl0ck

Still Fresh
Website
www.mameromlinks.com
Is there a proper working version of WOnderboy in Monsterland for MAME GP2X (or any other GP2X Emu) ?

I've downloaded MAME 3.9 and Wonderboy launches, but a lot of the background is missing and it's unplayable. Should I be playing a bootleg or alternative ROM set ?

Thanks !!!

You could try playing the Master System version.

AlexKidd2x plays it and I'm assuming DrMDx does too.

I have the correct and verified romset and i have the same problem with Wonderboy in Monsterland in MAME.

You can try to play Wonder Boy V:Monster Land 3 in Megadrive or MOnster Land IV (although it´s difficult to find a translation from Japanese) .It´s a great game and maybe better than Wonder Boy 2:Monster Land.

You can try the Commodore 64, PC Engine, Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Amiga or Atari ST versions of Wonderboy In Monsterland too.

I'm trying to fix this at the moment in MAME. You will probably need to use the bootleg version (Wonder Boy in Monster Land' (bootleg 1987)) as the copy protection was an issue that has only recently been fixed.

deadl0ck said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I'll try and get my hands on the bootleg ROM and give that a Whirl - I'll keep yiz posted :)
You have to await until Slaanesh and Franxis release the next Mame version :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the Mastersystem version is very good. I actually liked it even better than the arcade version.

Back