Promote community and devices

fantomid

Very Active Member
What are the main events we have to be to promote all the works done here ?

In France, we managed to be in FOSS events in Toulouse, Montpellier and Lyon in the previous years.
I have to send the application file to be at the videogames event in Toulouse, TGS, this year again.
Gamescom in August and FOSDEM in 2017 will be too great places to present the Pyra.

Do you know more events or hear of events (even little) where we could present the devices ?
Is there people with a feedback about the Made In Asia event in Brussels ?
Is there people with time and money to go to this kind of events ?

Multiple questions and probably multiple answers :D

I would like to see ED and the Pyra at some major industry events. Unfortunately the Pyra is too new for the small shows I know about (they are for "retro" stuff).

I would like some other suggestions on how to help out. Most of the people I know are already aware of the Pyra and Pandora, and I usually spend a few minutes discussing them when people ask about my Pandora.

Can we stop using TGS for Toulouse Game SHow ? it's ridiculous compared to the real TGS (Tokyo Games Show) which is much bigger.
Will the Pyra be shown there? I don't know if they allow small companies, or what is required to get a booth or whatever.

Can we stop using TGS for Toulouse Game SHow ? it's ridiculous compared to the real TGS (Tokyo Games Show) which is much bigger.
Ok (it is indeed much smaller), but say that to the Toulouse Game Show organiser:
http://www.toulouse-game-show.fr/

(they even use some kind of a Tour Eiffel even it doesn't take place in Paris!):
2016-04-13_15h18_24.png

Yes i can, but it s the official name for Toulouse too, and i not compare and i know Tokyo Game Show it s bigger

official site : http://www.toulouse-game-show.fr/ & http://www.tgs-springbreak.fr/

EDIT : i don t mind of the name, me i just want promote PYRA like i saw last year it s all

EDIT 1 : i say to the TGS in Toulouse because i hope THE PYRA out and i ll ve this year before November , it s all and maybe ll interest Gamers it s all.
& if not i ll take in Intenet on G+ & diaspora.

Last edited:
Tokyo one ?
Anybody can get a booth at the TGS, but it's expensive, and you need to reserve early.

This kind of event are very expensive (Tokyo one). In Toulouse, the booth got a price too but is acceptable.
Events like Paris Games Week or Japan Expo in Paris and Eurogamer in London are quite expensive too. :eek:

I was wondering what as a community we could do to help promote the Pyra. Ed's sweet spot is 1,300 additional pre-orders for the Pyra.
Advertising? Youtube channel?
I'm game to help out with anything.

I wonder if a group of us banded together to help promote the Pyra would that work? I consider writing and liaising with people on-line as my strengths.

Realistically we cannot advertise until we have a working final case and 3D Drivers as we'll be likely targeting gamers, some office workers and technologists. Nobody would be interested in a half built product.

Ads would likely consist of videos of working product outlining it's features or a picture of the product with a catch phrase, which we really don't have yet. Being subtle would be ideal, something like "Got Pyra?" would be enough to draw attention.

I'd like to have a crack at making some ads but really would need a working device first.

BUYA PYRA
Does not sound right, like, "buy pirated software". Na praia do bahia?
"Hack a planet". freedom unleashed. It's 2020, it's here. Back from the future. Your Portable Infosec. Your OS, Your device. Dedicated Device. Do Almost Anything. Like the Pandora, but now with Oompf. and oldies like digital PYRAvolution.
else the logo looks like Zorro's.

Pyra - Free as in Phear.

Back