PSX reARMed help required

Binary

Still Fresh
Hi all,

When i first loaded PSX without the Bios file (to get the folders set up), i could navigate through the menus. When i put my bios file in, i can only press Enter to access the Select ISO option and can no longer press up or down to select the other options (which means i can't select the bios itself).

Any ideas? i've used the bios from my pc version of PSX and another i found on the net. Could it be that both are incompatible or is there anything else that i need to do first?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Strange issue. Usually there is nothing else you have to do. And I can't imagine that something like an incompatible bios can cause such problems, because the emulator-menu has nothing to do with the emulation (and thus the bios-file) itself.

Did you try to start over again by deleting the appdata-folder? Or does it already work again if you only remove any bios-file from that folder?

I'll try deleting the appfolder tonight and see if i regain control of my menus! i wouldn't have thought that a bios would effect the menu either. It's like the presence of that file is just stopping the dpad working - but that doesn't seem to make much sense either.

My pc version of PSX has lots of bios files. Would there be any point in copying them across as well or does the Pandora version just need one bios to work with everything?

Thanks for the advice! I haven't had my Pandora long but have SNES, Spectrum, Megadrive, Nes, Lynx, N64, 2600 working so far and have barely dented my 32gb card. I'm going to tackle C64, Amiga and Atari 800 next.

I am not a hard-core-pcsx-user, but AFAIK the scph1001-bios is sufficient for pretty much any psx-game.

The one i use has the following checksum:

Code:
$ md5sum /media/trans8/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/bios/scph1001.bin 
924e392ed05558ffdb115408c263dccf  /media/trans8/pandora/appdata/pcsx_rearmed/bios/scph1001.bin

i'm was pretty sure it was the repo.openpandora site but i could be wrong (it does happen every now and then  ;)  ). I'll download the new version tonight. Thanks for the heads up!

i'm was pretty sure it was the repo.openpandora site but i could be wrong (it does happen every now and then  ;)  ). I'll download the new version tonight. Thanks for the heads up!
You should see the version number (the latest is r17) both on the desktop icon for it (if the pnd is in pandora/desktop or pandora/apps) and in the pnd filename itself.

You should see the version number (the latest is r17) both on the desktop icon for it (if the pnd is in pandora/desktop or pandora/apps) and in the pnd filename itself.
Wow, somehow i managed to find version 7!! Got the latest version up and running perfectly. Thanks to everyone for their help. Happy new year!!!

I just wanted to say what a fantastic emulator this is. It could only be better if it managed to magic up another couple of shoulder buttons.

I just wanted to say what a fantastic emulator this is. It could only be better if it managed to magic up another couple of shoulder buttons.
The solution with Q and P as the second set of shoulder buttons fits me very well.

Back