PSX-ReARMed query

Disco Devil

Still Fresh
I am wondering if anyone else is having as many issues starting certain games as i am, the ones that work are pretty much flawless & i have no complaints there (apart from the lack filter/scaling options pretty please in the next build)

But the vast majority of my games (over 70% mostly NTSC-J but not all) load fine, but i then can't start the game due to no controls working (i have tried the games in all the different supported formats, but the problem remains) Anyone know what is causing this, is it a known/common problem & is it likely to be fixed in future builds?

Does psx4pandora suffer from the same issues?, as it may be worth installing just so i can play most of my games.

Thanks.

Tekken 3 is slow and has choppy sound,crash bandicoot 3 freezes in the cut scene.

Where can you get psx4pandora from,i can try it for you.

while i havent tested psx at all yet on pandora, i do believe that some games will run just off the emulator alone, while most of them need a bios file to run, so are you sure you have the correct bios file in the correct dir?

You'll need to be more specific with what games are giving you trouble i.e Game name, region, format of the rip (iso, bin/cue img/cue /mdf /eboot whatever) and what version of PCSX- Re-ARMed your using (all 8 versions are available and some run some games better than others), or Psx4Pandora by Zodttd which hasn't been updated since v5, quite along time ago prior to Notaz releasing PCSX. In addition there are compatibility lists for each emulator (perhaps out of date nowadays?) which I don't have the links for anymore since a switch of ISP, which may give you an insight into if any given game will work well or not. Of course the proof is in the trying and then adding to those lists.

Seems strange that the game swill load up and then become unresponsive to controls though, so I suggest you name the games and the specific issues. Notaz is very persistant at ironing out any bugs that are found but you may need to raise the issue on the relevant thread (now at 70 pages) on the old forum http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57973-pcsx-rearmed/

For Tekken 3 for example, you should use r6 version of PCSX, use a PAL copy but in the settings choose NTSC, frameskip ON and overclock as high as you can and you should get around 50-60fps ingame in the fighting, which is pretty decent. Not sure about Crash 3 as still working through the first 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back