Psx Savestates Keep Getting Corrupted!

geo12

Retrofuturist
Website
Visit site
I started Final Fantasy VII with psx4gp2x beta 4, got about ten hours into the game, and then both of the slots I was saving to failed to load one day. I was pretty annoyed, but when the beta 5 came out, I figured I'd try again and started from the beginning. Well, the same exact thing happened again. When I try to load the slot, It says "Failed to load save" and exits the emulator. Is there any way to fix this or prevent it from happening, or is it just the risk of using an emulator still in development?

I guess my question is... have any of your load states been able to load..???

I have had some issues with the load states on my PSX2GP2X as well... also one of the reasons why I always use multiple saves. The only main problem I have now... is with Hot Shots Golf 2, when I reload a save state there is no audio. Other than that things have been pretty good.

Now I am just waiting on baited breath for the latest release that has promise some significant speed increases.

I saved to both slot 1 and slot 2 and was able to load from both of them several times. They both just stopped working one day.

Btw, I think if you save the state with no sound, when you load it, there will be no sound even if you turn it back on.

Nope thats not the problem... I saved it in game with sound. And when I reloaded it there was no sound. I even double checked to make sure that the sound had not been disabled. Seems to just be a glitch... if not in general... definitely for this game.

I would say it's just the risk you take by using savestates with an emu that is seeing several new releases every month.

Zodttd himself said that the best thing is to use memory card saves, since the savestates are not dependable between versions.

Lobo said:
I would say it's just the risk you take by using savestates with an emu that is seeing several new releases every month.

Zodttd himself said that the best thing is to use memory card saves, since the savestates are not dependable between versions.

Alright and how exactly do you do that...? Would you like to walk us through the process...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Memory card saves don't work! At least for me, as soon as I exit the emulator the memory cards are reset.

geo12: Try version 080207. Make sure you use the included .mcr files with that release as well.

Ripster said:
Alright and how exactly do you do that...? Would you like to walk us through the process...?
Are you serious? Well if you insist...
-you go to the Save menu in the playstation game you're playing and choose "memory card 1" (or 2 if you want) then "Save".
-Next time you load that game in PSX2GP2X, go to the "Load" menu of the respective game and choose "load".

Jeez, you've never saved a game on a playstation before?

Lobo said:
Ripster said:
Are you serious? Well if you insist...
-you go to the Save menu in the playstation game you're playing and choose "memory card 1" (or 2 if you want) then "Save".
-Next time you load that game in PSX2GP2X, go to the "Load" menu of the respective game and choose "load".

Jeez, you've never saved a game on a playstation before?

Nope not kidding because that option was not working in the previous version with Hot Shots Golf 2. The memory card was not recognized and wanted to reformat the card. I was thinking maybe you knew something I didn't... but I guess not. However this function is working in the latest 08.02.07 release....

Well it was working for me in the previous build(072407) though in the one just before that I couldn't get memory cards working at all.

In fact with 072407 I have even been playing(and saving) Everybodys Golf, which I believe is the euro name for Hot shots golf: might be just an oddity of the USA version?

[edit] I'm thinking that maybe you didn't overwrite the memory cards(*.mcr files) in the zip between updates. I think one of the previous versions before 072407 came with two dodgy .mcr files (as well as the emu having problems itself) so maybe that's why they didn't work for you in 072407?
Just a thought.
[/edit]

Back