Psx4All Released For The Wiz

Rivroner said:
Hi Zodttd, do you think is possible to use a integrated pollux set in this emulator?

And what about the sound, is it easy to fix?

Some 2D games are running very fast, almost fullspeed, with a good sound the emulator will be great in 2D games until 3D stuff gets faster some future day. :)

Thanks for the good work :)
He hasn't been around here for months. Check his website, he seems busy with the iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, i know. :)

But anyway, i supposed that some day he will start coding again for the Wiz.

That seems to be the case with most developers right now, to busy for the wiz. Ive noticed wiz activity is really low right now. I fear the wiz community is drifting to the dingoo and the pandora. =(

Been debating on selling my wiz but decided to sell my a320 instead but once my pandora is here if the wiz community doesn't pick up it will be on ebay.

crossing my fingers some new acivity happens like an update to this emulator or some games utilizing the 3d hardware.

Rivroner said:
Yes, i know. :)

But anyway, i supposed that some day he will start coding again for the Wiz.
Well yeah hopefully someone will start coding again for the Wiz. It seems like they all left for something else. It is really quite dead for the Wiz here lately.

It´s underground coding, soon you will have some good news from Headoverheels on PocketSnes for Wiz for instance. :)

Mode 7 improvement (+10 frames per second in Super Mario Kart for example), fully FX and SA1 support (albeit FX is slow at the moment, no 3D Wiz capabilities are being used).

Rivroner said:
(albeit FX is slow at the moment, no 3D Wiz capabilities are being used).

Won't ever happen, SuperFX is not a 3D chip, it's just a general purpose processor that has some features that make it good at rendering pixels on SNES. 3D done on it can't be accelerated.

Thanks for the info Exo. :)

So, how can be improved FX performance in Wiz?

Exophase said:
With a recompiler, but I don't think anyone's going to do that.

It is a hard and long task to do i suppose.

We can never know, maybe some coder with free time and knowledge will try the challenge. :)

Time will tell.

Apropos Wiz: I've stopped targetting the Wiz because I got other, slightly easier-to-use platforms around (Zii Egg, Touchbook, etc.)

But I sure would like to see a resurgence in Wiz releases, personally .. its a handy little machine. Right now the only thing my Wiz gets use for is Juno First sessions in the loo .. :)

Rivroner said:
It´s underground coding, soon you will have some good news from Headoverheels on PocketSnes for Wiz for instance. :)

Mode 7 improvement (+10 frames per second in Super Mario Kart for example), fully FX and SA1 support (albeit FX is slow at the moment, no 3D Wiz capabilities are being used).
Any improvement is good. It would be nice though if the "regular" games could all be sped up first before worrying about the 3 FX games that were released. Honestly FX chip stuff doesn't seem worth putting all the effort into when hundreds of regular games are still slow and laggy when the effects like transparency and rasters are enabled (I won't play without, there is no point in making SNES games look like crap when graphics were it's strong point to begin with). Coders tend to burn out quickly when doing things like this as it is allot of work. I fear we may gain a few FPS in a handful of FX games only to have other stuff remain slow, doesn't seem worth the tradeoff.

DaveC said:
Rivroner said:

Any improvement is good. It would be nice though if the "regular" games could all be sped up first before worrying about the 3 FX games that were released. Honestly FX chip stuff doesn't seem worth putting all the effort into when hundreds of regular games are still slow and laggy when the effects like transparency and rasters are enabled (I won't play without, there is no point in making SNES games look like crap when graphics were it's strong point to begin with). Coders tend to burn out quickly when doing things like this as it is allot of work. I fear we may gain a few FPS in a handful of FX games only to have other stuff remain slow, doesn't seem worth the tradeoff.

I am totally agree with you. :)

Enjoy it ;) :

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50078-pocketsnes-6-5-0-prerelease-hd-video/

Anyone know if development work is being continued on PSX4all? I just downloaded the latest version at openhandhelds.org and it seems to show a lot of promise. Just curious.

kart_racer3 said:
Anyone know if development work is being continued on PSX4all? I just downloaded the latest version at openhandhelds.org and it seems to show a lot of promise. Just curious.
There is allot of development work on PSX4all, but you will need an iPhone or Pandora to take advantage.

It seems the Wiz version is dead.

DaveC said:
kart_racer3 said:
There is allot of development work on PSX4all, but you will need an iPhone or Pandora to take advantage.

i'd throw myself in, trying to get GLES renderer working for the wiz. but dont know if the makers (zodttd?) are interested.

Any way that we can get some movement behind this? Maybe with enough support we can convince them to continue work on the Wiz side of things, and maybe release an updated version?

DaveC said:
I disagree.

Hardyx, do you disagree there's been work done, or that the Wiz version seems dead?

Either way lets petition the people responsible to do something with it.

TitanUranus said:
Hardyx, do you disagree there's been work done, or that the Wiz version seems dead?

Either way lets petition the people responsible to do something with it.
You really can't petition what someone wants to do in their free time.

Zod is more interested in the iphone (MILLIONS of potential users) and the Pandora (Don't have to bust your brain trying to get it running at a decent speed). The Wiz is too hard to get it running at a respectible speed due to hardware. Sure if the code was written from the ground up with every optimization for the Wiz done near perfectly a version may run some games with sound at a playable speed. It would just be an enormous task and the results would be mediocre compared with other platforms due to hardware limitations. Spening months doing something that still runs like crap is not as compelling as spending weeks and having it near fullspeed. Even the simple SNES is not full speed for many things.

Back