Psx4Can

Mordekhai

Still Fresh
[size="<font style="background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 100%; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; display: inline; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; "><font style="background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 100%; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; display: inline; background-color: rgb(230, 236, 249); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">3</font></font>"]Anyone know if you can leave a version of the emulator psx for caanoo?
Will run at full speed, or will equal the wiz?
What then is the biggest difference between the hardware of the two is that the ram's caanoo is greater, is not it?
Does this runs with sound?
I really want to buy one to help with building applications, because I understand a bit of programming for Linux, now that I have worked a lot with the creation of emulators for my old Motorola A1200e models (Linux).
I'm still not sure if I buy the Caanoo, or await the launch of the Gemei A330, awaited here in Brazil.
I would like to post a detailed review of the device, or more videos on youtube showing its operation with heavy sets and videos in high definition TV-out mainly.
[/size]
Att
Mardoqueu de Lima Silva (Mordekhai)
Brazil - RS - Porto Alegre
Computer Technician

written text in Google translator: Portuguese / English

Anything on the Caanoo will be at best as fast as it is on the Wiz, unless someone decides to optimize something and only release a Caanoo binary, which would be really weird. In typical cases programs on Caanoo will be slightly slower. More RAM is the only advantage Caanoo has over Wiz, and that RAM is slower. Everything else is equivalent.

PSX on Caanoo will probably happen whenever the pcsx4all guys feel like getting around to it, and it'll have the exact same capabilities as the Wiz version. So it'll have sound.

I dont understand how Double Data Rate (DDR) on Caanoo can be slower then the wiz SDRAM. Am i just misunderstanding something? I thought DDR is always faster then standard SDRAM.

Jengo said:
I dont understand how Double Data Rate (DDR) on Caanoo can be slower then the wiz SDRAM. Am i just misunderstanding something? I thought DDR is always faster then standard SDRAM.

They both use DDR SDRAM. The specs listed for the Caanoo on wikipedia seem to be more detailed, but they are practically identical internally. I don't know what would make the Caanoo slightly slower though. Maybe higher latency memory chips?

Last edited by a moderator:
ozzuneoj said:
They both use DDR SDRAM. The specs listed for the Caanoo on wikipedia seem to be more detailed, but they are practically identical internally. I don't know what would make the Caanoo slightly slower though. Maybe higher latency memory chips?

Yes, lower latency, Wiz's operates at CL2 and Caanoo's doesn't work at anything less than CL3.

There's also more to it than just DDR and latency.. the RAM on Wiz and Caanoo is DDR but only 16-bit, while the single rate RAM on GP2X was 32-bit. So clock for clock the maximum bandwidth is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back