Psx4gp2x Or Gp2x Psx4all

I don't know what's up with ZodTTD and his site at the moment, but the official build is what you will find in the archive...

Hi,
Is Area 51 2D?, seeing as it's pre-rendered, i'm not sure if it's kinda both like the resident evil series.
also, would Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night work at a descent speed so it's playable?
Thanks. :gp2x

jakshep2 said:
Hi,
Is Area 51 2D?, seeing as it's pre-rendered, i'm not sure if it's kinda both like the resident evil series.
also, would Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night work at a descent speed so it's playable?
I've tried Castlevania: SOTN and I found it to be almost painfully slow. Of course, I would love to find a definitive description of what all the options on PSX4GP2X do (I found the ReadMe to not be all that informative) and what a generalized "optimum settings" would look like. Yes, I know that it would probably vary from game to game, but for the sake of argument, could someone tell me what the best "out of the box" settings for PSX4GP2X are?

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look like any games really run well as far as framerate. They do all seem to work perfectly as far as graphical quality and no graphical glitches.

I really hope that development is going well, and isn't being put off for the Craiginator.

got the latest release and was curious to know : -

what type of image can the emulator run? i have an image with the extension .img
can img be played??? the readme is a little vague...

Copy your BIN/ISO files and/or PocketISO 2.1+ compressed Z/TABLE or ZNX/TABLE files over to a directory such as the roms directory in ./psxgp2x

cheers

morrissey2k7 said:
jakshep2 said:
Hi,
I've tried Castlevania: SOTN and I found it to be almost painfully slow. Of course, I would love to find a definitive description of what all the options on PSX4GP2X do (I found the ReadMe to not be all that informative) and what a generalized "optimum settings" would look like. Yes, I know that it would probably vary from game to game, but for the sake of argument, could someone tell me what the best "out of the box" settings for PSX4GP2X are?

Theres a Video on youtube showing the Directors' cut version of resident evil at nearly full speed- this is it- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YZveTHhb-1w -check it out, i'd like to see your views.

jakshep2 said:
morrissey2k7 said:
jakshep2 said:
Hi,

Theres a Video on youtube showing the Directors' cut version of resident evil at nearly full speed- this is it- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YZveTHhb-1w -check it out, i'd like to see your views.

That's not nearly fullspeed...that's running 9 frames per second. Fullspeed is 60 fps (I think...maybe its just 30, but either way, thats still not close)

Though it does emulate well, as in, no graphical glitches.

I think back when my gp2x still worked, I actually got through the first couple of battles in final fantasy seven. It was terribly slow, but at the moment, it was also incredibally awesome! I might have actually left it on my SD if it wasn't such a big file; I found certain ISOs with a lot of cinematics and stuff taken out that cause for a dramatic decrease in how much space they take. With some frameskip and overclocking, I got ridgeracer to run at almost full speed.

Back