Psx4gp2x V0.1.2 Test 1 - Playstation 1 Emulator For Gp2x

Adventus said:
That´s not fullspeed for me, it is 1/3 fullspeed
Obviously those are older builds. With build 0.20 Test 1, OC=275mhz, RAM Timings ON, Sound OFF, FS 0/1, Clock = 100%, Cycle = 1.... I get 18 - 23 fps. Apparantly thats 2/3 the real fps. I chose these settings to get an accurate fps rating, its much more playable with frameskip ON, smaller clock and greater cycle.

Wow o_O

That´s the answer i want to hear :) Thank you ;)

That´s is almost fullspeed.

I will put muyoriginal Wipeout 1 CD in my HI Fi and will play the game in the GP2X :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried Rayman and I get stuck at "loading bios' ... guess i need to FIND a good bios file that works.... :) ....

iCeD00D said:
Just tried Rayman and I get stuck at "loading bios' ... guess i need to FIND a good bios file that works.... :) ....
Try to change PSX Cycle or Clock at this point. Sometimes this helps to get farther...

Regards,
Stephan

Hey im brand new (got an F200 at xmas) and have been playin with this psx4all thingy for awile now. Just wanted to say BIG THANKS ZOD and im happy to test, will post some readouts from some games people havnt tried yet.

sbock -- Tks .. Just tried changing the clock cycle in the app to 250 and still stuck.. also tried in G2menu as well with no luck .. Tks though..

Just tested Gex on the new build, 250Mhz ram timings on, interlace 1 frameskip 3/5 cycle 2 clock 20% and its fabulous! the sound is much better, as well as the ingame speed (especially if you press the L trigger to run).

Brilliant job Zodttd :D Gonna test FFVII later this evening, really looking forward to seeing what this can do :)

Hey Hexy .. what build are you using and can you provide me a link to the build? I'm testing v0.1.2 test 3 and i don't have the cycle or clock settings... tks..

iCeD00D said:
There's a good chance that the problem isn't your bios file.

Is your rip of Rayman in a raw image format? I had that problem too, even when I ripped to bin/cue and iso. Try ripping a .img with CloneCD and see how that works out.

Thanks quad.. i'll try that.. also can you tell me how or where i can change the PSX Cycle and PSX Clock ?? I can not find it anywhere in the menus....
oh and the file was a .bin until I used PocketISO which only got the file down %18 of its orginal form.... I'll try the regular .bin when I get home but i"d still like to know about the cycle and clock functions everyone keeps talking about.. tks

iCeD00D said:
Hey Hexy .. what build are you using and can you provide me a link to the build? I'm testing v0.1.2 test 3 and i don't have the cycle or clock settings... tks..
http://www.zodttd.com/psx4gp2x/psx4gp2x_0_2_0_t1.zip

That's the latest build.

I'll try to keep the psx4gp2x page on the gp2x wiki updated so that it will be easier to find the newest build.

iCeD00D said:
Hiya iCeD00D, im using http://www.zodttd.com/psx4gp2x/psx4gp2x_0_2_0_t1.zip - the clock and cycle settings can only be adjusted once you have loaded a game (after the "loading bios" message). You just need to hold down L then press + or - volume or R then + or - volume (one alters clock speed, other alters cycle).

Good luck!

iCeD00D said:
Thanks quad.. i'll try that.. also can you tell me how or where i can change the PSX Cycle and PSX Clock ?? I can not find it anywhere in the menus....
oh and the file was a .bin until I used PocketISO which only got the file down %18 of its orginal form.... I'll try the regular .bin when I get home but i"d still like to know about the cycle and clock functions everyone keeps talking about.. tks

Right Trigger + Vol up/down: Change PSX CLOCK

Left Trigger + Vol up/down: Change PSX CYCLE

PSX Cycle at 1.1 and PSX Clock at 25% makes some games run pretty good, like Resident Evil and Final Fantasy VII. Zodttd said that PSX CLOCK at 20% and PSX CYCLE at 4 or 6 works pretty good as well.

Man tks guys for the reply... Guess I'll have to get a 'solid' image in order to test this puppy out..... And tks for the link .. I just tried it again, and could not get past the "loading bios" screen... no biggie.. TG for 2GB SD cards ;) ... I'll let you know how it turns out.... tks again about the PSX clock and cycle.. its good to know those lil things ;) ..

Edit
Ok tard alert!! :p ..... when i got home, I tried using ISObuster to 'convert' the mdf file to a compatiable file.. but for the life of me, I cant find out how to do this. If someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction as how to do this, that would be great... thanks in advance.. <cracks open ANOTHER beer> .. :)

iCeD00D said:
Man tks guys for the reply... Guess I'll have to get a 'solid' image in order to test this puppy out..... And tks for the link .. I just tried it again, and could not get past the "loading bios" screen... no biggie.. TG for 2GB SD cards ;) ... I'll let you know how it turns out.... tks again about the PSX clock and cycle.. its good to know those lil things ;) ..

Edit
Ok tard alert!! :p ..... when i got home, I tried using ISObuster to 'convert' the mdf file to a compatiable file.. but for the life of me, I cant find out how to do this. If someone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction as how to do this, that would be great... thanks in advance.. <cracks open ANOTHER beer> .. :)
Go ahead and see if PSX4GP2X is able to open the mdf. If not, rip the disc using Alcohol 120% in playstation format or to .img using CloneCD. I really don't know how to convert disc images properly. I've never gotten it to work.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 is quite playable on the old version from last July.

Using PSX Cycle at 2.0 and PSX Clock at 125%, Interlace on 1 and frameskip off, 266 Mhz
I get between 6 and 10 fps with the game engine running about 2/3 fullspeed :)

On the new test versions however it is slower :( It's hard to tell how much or even to
tweak very well, as the real framerate indicator no longer tells the true actual framerate, so
when tweaking you don't know if it's getting better or worse.

Thanks a lot Zodtt for this amazing emulator, never thought I'd be playing Hawks
when I got my F200 :D Good luck with continuing your work !

---------------

edit. Crash Bandicoot Collection seems to run faster than in last July's build :)

Back