Pyra christmas update :)

I will never understand how people can see a product or service they don't want and instead of just ignoring it they have to argue why it shouldn't exist.
Debating ideas is a fantastic way to discuss their potential credibility/popularity, etc. All opinions can be equally valid, whether you initially agree or not.

Unless you're arguing against the fact that 'god' shouldn't exist.

Or you lads could just use a desktop PC with a internal card reader...
I'm planning to use one SD-card as my home-partition. With that, swapping cards is not as convinient. Also, I have a syncing setup via nextcloud already on my panda, but it would be nice to have the same app-ecosystem (which is excellent on pandora) and not just the files.

I'm planning to use one SD-card as my home-partition. With that, swapping cards is not as convinient. Also, I have a syncing setup via nextcloud already on my panda, but it would be nice to have the same app-ecosystem (which is excellent on pandora) and not just the files.
Leave the card in the pyra. SSHFS into the Pyra from the other machine. Done.

Fanaticism almost always denies facts and logic, and atheism isn't immune to fanaticism, just the contrary.
Sad thing is you hardly ever have circumstances where all people involved in the discussion are willing and able to keep t on a logical level, don't want to be right AND are willing to enhance their hiirizont (even so it might involve to shit their point of view. That doesn't mean you have to change the believe of any person taking part in the discussion, but nevertheless brighten everyones live and is alue initself by that.
(I can only remember to have that once in a debian form IIRC).
Oh, and sometimes that also means that "We might never know for sure" (but respect everyones different point of view/believe anyway) as an "result".

Sorry I sometimes oversee the irony tags... ;-)
And I'm kinda jumpy on that topic and I miss more of the the mentioned fruitfull discussions...

Sad thing is you hardly ever have circumstances where all people involved in the discussion are willing and able to keep t on a logical level, don't want to be right AND are willing to enhance their hiirizont (even so it might involve to shit their point of view. That doesn't mean you have to change the believe of any person taking part in the discussion, but nevertheless brighten everyones live and is alue initself by that.
Oh, and sometimes that also means that "We might never know for sure" (but respect everyones different point of view/believe anyway) as an "result".

'I do not agree with what you say, but I will fight until the end so that you can say it.',
said an Enlightenment involved fellow; François-Marie Arouet.

No worries. My sense of humour usually falls flat, even on the bad joke thread. :)

I strongly sympathize with you.
Trust me, we get used to it.

Which reminds me of this timeless quite from "Fight Club":
Narrator:
When people think you're dying, they really, really listen to you, instead of just...
Marla Singer:
- instead of just waiting for their turn to speak?

This was a good and detailed update. I wonder how we are doing now, and if the manufacturers have completed the tasks expecected for Early january. It would be great to hear if the project is any closer to the goal.

Well ED mentioned that the actual pressing of the keyboard rubber was done in china so I guess were in a chinese new year situation like with the pandora :D

However that starts at january 26 (if Im correct) so it might be done before that.

Thread is well and fully derailed anyway - what i meant was that people like ED are the engines of any economy. They are the entrepreneurs who risk capital to generate higher value outputs out of lower value inputs.

Unfortunately this isn't taught in any schools.

well, but he does it with heart, not trying to step all over people on the way to the top. that can't be taught very easily, either...

Back