Pyra Release date - Make your Guess here.

Not sure he meant fully working prototype as in working omap5 SoC daughterboard and such.. maybe just a full case prototype attached to the omap5 development board. Time will tell.

Edit: And just remember with the Pandora there were working prototypes two years before the first one shipped to customers. Well of course there were many issues with manufacturing of the Pandora, Hopefully less so with the Pyra.. All I'm saying it's best not to get worked up and best to just expect there may be delays.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's a fully working prototype in august, then maybe first quarter of 2015 is a reasonable guess? How long does it take to set up production from the point that the design in finalized? It'll surely take some months to go from fully working prototype to a more polished design...

My guess of sometime this decade still looks good.

Not earlier than december 24th in 2030 it looks like -.-" I'm losing the interest from now on. Still yet the technique is great but on release it's behind others. :-D

Not earlier than december 24th in 2030 it looks like -.-" I'm losing the interest from now on. Still yet the technique is great but on release it's behind others. :-D
Yeah, others are so great and advance that they can't even run proper linux and don't have proper controls and keyboards ;)

I don't think there'll be a lot of mobile devices with upgradeable CPU out there, so they're all technically behind :p :p
Remember, Chinese can copy everything pretty fast, so better be fast or they release a Pyra-clone before you can blink.  ;)

I oracle a possible Pyra release date: October 21, 2015. :D

(The day, Marty and Doc Brown arrive in future Hill Valley, for the uninformed ;) )

Back