Release Qemu for Pandora (for rebirth competition)

I think TitanUranus is working on that right now :)

Edit: Tried Halflife again and it is really a slideshow. Maybe 3-5 fps :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you software rendering, ... actually, nevermind. I was going to ask if there was some kind of OpenGL passthrough, and then I was like "duh, we don't have OpenGL on the Pandora".

So yeah, of course it'll be slower than molasses in January. Some other January, this January has been unusually warm.

Not yet with the gui, but well, why not I'll see, what I can do.

Here are some more videos by IngoReis to show which performance to expect at release.

I think he did those videos at 900 or 950 MHz.

Now it's time to document, testing compatibility etc. with our betatesters. If someone still wants to join the test, please write some lines here. We could use another 2 people.

Age of Empires

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NHFr6cubsCM?feature=oembed
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm-_j-Cmea4

Not yet with the gui, but well, why not I'll see, what I can do.

Awesome stuff, save states would be a superb addition IMHO, anything to stop me having to stare at that win 95 loading screen again would be welcome relief :p

it would be great to use this as a sort of wrapper which would allow us to launch streight ito a game kinda like ginge.

Awesome stuff, save states would be a superb addition IMHO, anything to stop me having to stare at that win 95 loading screen again would be welcome relief :p

hum, you know you can just replace it :p :D

3dfx is not possible, as there is no 3d acceleration.

Can you give me a link to the formula one you mean?

Cirrus Logic 5446. I can install DirectX 8, but I don't think it supports all features or direct3d.

I never really liked it though, I've always been a fan of the Sierra racing sims (IndyCar Racing 1&2 and all Nascar Racing titles).

I really wonder if I will play IndyCar Racing (II) on the Pandora (if it runs with Qemu), since I am so used to using a wheel and how the same tracks look like in modern sims like rFactor. I still remember how amazed I was by the grafiks back then, but when I tried it again a while ago on my fancy big new screen I just couldn't stand the huge 3D pixels. I hope the relatively small screen and its native resolution will help here ... you can use the nubs as analog joystick in Qemu, right?

This is gonna be great: just played some One Must Fall 2097 - nearly perfect - if everything is set to max, there is some minor sound stuttering during transitions (maybe the SD Card is the bottleneck in this case), or during fights if a lot of "clanking" appears. Used a "stock" MS-DOS 6.22 install Pandora @950MHz

3dfx is not possible, as there is no 3d acceleration.

Can you give me a link to the formula one you mean?
Don't know if this is the one he means, but this is the classic F1 game:

http://www.simracing...icroprose-f1gp/

It really chugs in DOSbox, but I think it'll have a good chance of performing well in Qemu.

I'd love to see this running too, had it on Amiga but PC version always played much smoother even when compared to my A4000.

Cirrus Logic 5446. I can install DirectX 8, but I don't think it supports all features or direct3d.

You'd almost have to create a pass-through driver to get 3D support. WINE might have something close, but even that probably doesn't support GL ES...

Astounding.

Edit" Oh yeah, I'd also be interested to see how this copes with the Cruader: No Whatevers as well.

Back