QTSpotify not quite working?

moxie

The voice of reason, sense and exasperation
Staff member
Yesterday, I remembered that QTSpotify exists, and decided to try it out. It worked very well, up to a point: I managed to log in to my account, see my playlists, search for artists and albums and stuff, and press play and see the album art. All very nice. The only thing that didn't work, for me, was the actual audio part - There was no sound. Although that is just a part, it might be seen as a rather important part :)

So, I wonder a few things. Firstly, am I mad? That is, does it work for everybody else? Unless that is the case: I remember that I had some troubles compiling Despotify for command line use half a year back, due to a change in streaming format or something like that. Since the QTSpotify is older than that - Might this be the problem? Sebt3, any ideas?

Just a quick question. You are premium member, right? But yeah, could be that they've had some changes to the back-end streaming. Despotify didn't quite work as intended last time I wanted to use it.

Yes, I have a premium account. I think they did move from OGG to MP3 for streaming, or something like that, about half a year ago.

Back