Question...

Several questions...
1. Can it run flash, java, ect...
2. will it be able to run a wired A/DSL connection?
3. can it use a printer (ported drivers...)
4. can it use USB hubs?

1. flash will be on, but may take a while to get ported cause of its weird status. java probably will be too.
2. i dont know if it was a/dsl, but notaz was running a wired connection in his firefox video.
3. who knows, but in the end i doubt it would happen unless a lot of interest was expressed
4. yes, in fact, it will be required for low speed devices.

PoisonedV said:
1. flash will be on, but may take a while to get ported cause of its weird status. java probably will be too.
2. i dont know if it was a/dsl, but notaz was running a wired connection in his firefox video.
3. who knows, but in the end i doubt it would happen unless a lot of interest was expressed
4. yes, in fact, it will be required for low speed devices.
Thanks.
I per-ordered it this morning after waiting several months.
I REALLY can't wait.

Just to clarify a few things:

1. Support for Flash videos (youtube, etc.) should be available from the start through gnash or swfdec. However, these applications don't do well with flash games and other content, so while there will probably be a better player written eventually (due to Adobe opening the standard) we have no idea how long it could take.
2. You will be able to use a USB to Ethernet adapter, which is what notaz was doing.
3. I don't know whether printer drivers would be supported under the default OS (I doubt it) but Ubuntu's drivers should work, so there's no reason you couldn't print from Ubuntu.
3. Yes.

Tom said:
Just to clarify a few things:

1. Support for Flash videos (youtube, etc.) should be available from the start through gnash or swfdec. However, these applications don't do well with flash games and other content, so while there will probably be a better player written eventually (due to Adobe opening the standard) we have no idea how long it could take.
2. You will be able to use a USB to Ethernet adapter, which is what notaz was doing.
3. I don't know whether printer drivers would be supported under the default OS (I doubt it) but Ubuntu's drivers should work, so there's no reason you couldn't print from Ubuntu.
3. Yes.

isn't there a ethernet port on the pandora? why would you need a USB to ethernet adapter?

polkunus said:
isn't there a ethernet port on the pandora? why would you need a USB to ethernet adapter?
No, no ethernet port.

Tom said:
Would I be correct in guessing that any of the USB-to-Ethernet adapters listed here can rightly be expected to, as they say, just-work?

Back